[Q] SM-T230NU Wifi problem

Search This thread

thaasian

Aug 21, 2014
I just brought this tablet. Brand new.. The problem is when i try to connect to the my network internet, It showed "Obtaining the ip address" it just stuck there.. I try to do static address thing, it connected but there's no internet. Any tips ?

Paddy Whack

Nov 17, 2014
Yes, but it still wont connect.. it still show "obtaining ip address" thing..

Quote from Mrmarc of xda-developers.com forum:

1. Download from the Market ‘root explorer’ or a similar program. I used the free ‘Super Manager’ with included root file explorer. You must enable the root function in Super Manager, otherwise you don’t see the folders.
2. root your Galaxy Tab –>
3. Within the file explorer you should go up to root map folder (in short: “rm”).
4. Then follow the instructions of Gadgeteer81. You can either delete the file or rename it.

Quote from Gadgeteer81 of xda-developers.com forum:

To Fix Android going into “Obtaining IP Address” loop:
rm /data/misc/dhcp/dhcp_list

It seems to come from the fact that the phone requests its previous IP address to the access point, without any discover message, whereas the lease has expired from the AP point of view…

The previous leases are stored in /data/misc/dhcp/dhcpcd-eth0.lease and /data/misc/dhcp/dhcp_list. You just have to remove the second file (dhcp_list) to force the phone to start a new dhcp negotiation.

nsnobel2

Sep 27, 2011
my problem is , my tablet shows dim options of wifi and bluetooth,

thaasian did u solve issue by above method?

Last edited:

Skizzlle

Jan 13, 2015
Factory reset?
Or try to print something with it on a WiFi printer.

Sent from my SM-T230 using XDA Free mobile app