[DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

Search This thread

androidmeda

Dec 16, 2010
Manila

xyz#1

May 9, 2012
I am having problem with dell voice app on "loveme" and "chargeme". There was no problem on "milestone1". There is distorted sound and app fc in few second. I am stuck to milestone.

Last edited:

neoprint

Jan 12, 2011
Dunedin
I haven't tried mms'ing yet on the new update so I can't tell if it's operator related or rom bug. Anyway, the issues I have with mms are with the operator. They love screwing around with their subscribers.

Have you tried retrieving the mms with data and 3g on?

Definitely not operator (at least I don't believe so), works fine with the stock ROM, works fine with my sim in another phone.

Yes, I have tried with data and 3g on

strongiukas

May 6, 2011
Kaunas
hej guys. I installed and really liked this rom, but I have a problem. With sync turned off and data conection turned off, the battery still drains very fast. I can see that sometimes the phone don't go to deep sleep for a long time. Maybe you can suggest a program or smth for me to watch who is draining my battery and what program prevents from going to deep sleep

kchiman

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
first i would like to thank the developers, the rom is nice. :)
instagram works but another similar app Line Camera cannot work properly.
It can take photo but cannot have review screen.

I know it may not be your problem. just ask if you can solve it.

androidmeda

Dec 16, 2010
Manila
i installed only the exe file which had drivers.. but still usb mass storage not working...
in above thread, its written update SDK.. what is it and how to update it..?

SDK is Software Developer's Kit. I don't know if it's necessary in order to use mass storage in this CM9 because I've had it since 2.2. Have you tried the steps without SDK installed? Because if you have and it didn't work, you'll probably have to install it.

I just forgot which one I installed, but I started with 2.2 way back when I first flashed a custom recovery. Today I have it all up to 4.0.3 ... but I still don't know what the hell I'm doing. LOL

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Sir, is that a theme you're using there? Or is that how the rom you're using looks like? :D

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Definitely not operator (at least I don't believe so), works fine with the stock ROM, works fine with my sim in another phone.

Yes, I have tried with data and 3g on

Yeah, you're right. I just tried as well. Mine doesn't even send. I know that it should temporarily trigger a short data connection automatically even if it's set to 2G with data off. I remember being able to send and receive back on 2.3.3. Bug, perhaps? I don't see anyone else stating problems with their mms.

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
On Hephappy stable1 build.
Not properly a bug but anyway weird:

- selecting the dialer or the contacts icon or one of their options the speaker emits a sort of faint "sshhhh" for few seconds. At least on my phone!

curious_one

Dec 19, 2011
Confirmed on the May 25 'weeklie'. Never noticed before, now it's gonna bug me. Thanks a lot.:mad::D

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

ivaren

Feb 7, 2012
How can I make my screen turn on when I recieve a notification? I mean when it's locked and I hear the notification sound, but I want it to light up the screen aswell. Any one?

shsleo

Nov 3, 2010
São Paulo
USB Mass Storage

I was with the last update befeore this stable release, and i was working just fine. Just now I updated for "CHARGEME" and it when I put the usb cable, Windows try to install a USB MTP device and it doesn't find de proper driver :(
What would it be? Tried with usb debbuging and the problem still.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Joel Chan

Feb 18, 2011
Singapore
I was with the last update befeore this stable release, and i was working just fine. Just now I updated for "CHARGEME" and it when I put the usb cable, Windows try to install a USB MTP device and it doesn't find de proper driver :(
What would it be? Tried with usb debbuging and the problem still.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Check it out :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1683236

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

pt.jcosta

Jul 15, 2011
Porto
arjen why and in CM9 nightlies does not appear in the dropbox upload daily as the site of CyanogenMod?

androidmeda

Dec 16, 2010
Manila
I just noticed something while texting someone last night... phone doesn't vibrate even with the settings correctly marked. Anyone getting the same problem?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

It's my theme based on HDPI apk file..I workin' on it for few days and isn't comlpete yet..

I await eagerly. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will get back to you soon as possible!!!
    Usb mass storage solved!

Finally I did it after couple of hours. It's problem of MTP USB windows drivers. After checking 'Mass storage' in phone, installing new 3.7.2 drivers, updating SDK to new version then you have to go to folder Windows/inf/ and delete this files wpdmtp.inf and wpdmtp.PNF but backup it FIRST!!.

After this procedure u will have full working USB Mass Storage :D
    As u know HepHappy has started a new thread for his new build of CM9 based on CAF Kernel,this thread means for all discussions & off-topics.So please share your experience with the rom & ofcourse the OTs :D
    PLEASE DO NOT POLLUTE THE DEV THREAD​

Details About The Rom

Link to the DEV thread -->> HERE

What works:
    - Full H/W acceleration with new adreno drivers, 3D (yamato)
    - Funny SIM (128k USIMs)
    - Calls, SMS, MMS, 3G/2G, Mobile data
    - Wireless, Bluetooth, Bluetooth tethering
    - Data limit, IPv4, IPv6
    - Stereo audio, headset
    - GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen
    - Usb Mass storage, Usb debugging
    - Browser, GMail, GPlay

What doesn't work:
    - Wifi tethering & USB tethering, Offline charging: needs usb driver update from 3.0 kernel
    - FM Radio: not implemented in CM yet
    - Camera: needs OpenMaX(omx) libraries for armv6 and kernel update

Releases are usefull for daily usage.
    It is almost stable, so it is called prerelease.

fvln9x.jpg

Link: update-cm-9.0.0-BLUEPILL-p500-FINAL-signed.zip
    Mirror: update-cm-9.0.0-BLUEPILL-p500-FINAL-signed.zip

ICS 4.0.4 WEEKLIES (New Baseband only)

New downloadlocations will be made public HERE

Google Apps (Play, Talk, News and Weather)
    Link:gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Installation

Hold down VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER keys to enter recovery (AmonRA or CMW)
    Make a nandroid back up
    Make full wipe (except wipe sd) for the first time installation
    Flash from ZIP: Select ROM and reboot
    Flash GAPPS and reboot
    Have fun!

HOW TO SEND BUG REPORTS

Hold down VOL_DOWN + MENU keys for 2 seconds, release when vibrated.
    Wait 20-30 seconds, it will vibrate again.
    Send me: /sdcard/bugreports/bugreport.txt
    It's on DropBox, but it's suspended due to excessive bandwith :D
    Will upload to another place too.
    Now working on fixing volume problems, so you need to wait till that build is finished.

News from Hephappy

N E W S (Feb 23, 2013)
    9.2.ALPHA-GenetICS-PLUS has been released with 3.0.8 kernel

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j7mxfmohwq32zrm