[MZ600][MZ602][MZ604] Official Android 4.1.1 OTA Update Thread

Search This thread

KidCuda

Nov 6, 2010
I confirmed that the EOS recovery is the only one that worked for me. Completely stock and unlocked otherwise.

hooman64

Aug 10, 2010
Status 7 Error

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I am trying to update my xoom, by copying the Update file to a flash stick (I changed the name to Update.zip) and using the Android system recovery to update it, the same way we could update from Honeycomb to Ice cream Sandwich, and I get the Status 7 error. can someone verifies that this method works? or why am I getting the Status 7 Error?

Edit: that's the eroor I'm getting:

assert failed: apply_patch_space(10419552)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

jediman

Oct 28, 2010
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I am trying to update my xoom, by copying the Update file to a flash stick (I changed the name to Update.zip) and using the Android system recovery to update it, the same way we could update from Honeycomb to Ice cream Sandwich, and I get the Status 7 error. can someone verifies that this method works? or why am I getting the Status 7 Error?

I believe this was blocked on purpose by either Moto or Google.

Anyone know a work around that does not involve root, unlock, etc.?

speedyr6

Jul 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I believe this was blocked on purpose by either Moto or Google.

Anyone know a work around that does not involve root, unlock, etc.?

Since 4.0.4 ota you can't use stock recovery to flash an OTA update that you download to SD card. The only work around I know of is unlock then flash recovery then flash ota. No need for root, just unlock and CWM recovery.

hooman64

Aug 10, 2010
Since 4.0.4 ota you can't use stock recovery to flash an OTA update that you download to SD card. The only work around I know of is unlock then flash recovery then flash ota. No need for root, just unlock and CWM recovery.

one noob question tho, after I flashed CWM and update, I'll still have CWM recovery instead of stock android recovery right? does that keep xoom from getting future OTAs?

SamXp

Finally flashing the update! After unlocking and installing EOS R6 Recovery, it kept just going into the standard Android Recovery. I finally reflashed the img in fastboot and rebooted and got EOS Recovery to come up.

Nice! I am 4.1.1 now!

12%2520-%25201.jpg

Last edited:

UserX10

May 10, 2010

Edit: that's the eroor I'm getting:

assert failed: apply_patch_space(10419552)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Got the same error.
I´m also now on 4.0.4 and after trying to flash the Status 7 Error...:-/

UserX10

May 10, 2010
I have flashed the EOS recovery and trying to install the update.zip but the error 7 appears...

Top Liked Posts