[Q] Need to Get Back to Stock on Verizon GS4

Search This thread

spendle

Mar 22, 2014
So, I need to get back to pure stock, un-everything, however, I have a problem standing in my way:

I have SafeStrap installed (3.62 if I recall correctly), but I had to recover a bad install and now I can't even boot into SafeStrap anymore but the still boots into the Cyanogenmod ROM I installed. I have ME7 installed on my stock partition. Is there anyway I can force the phone to boot into SafeStrap, or boot into my stock partition, or update through Loki?

Edit: So I installed SafeStrap 3.65 and discovered that I recovered my Cyanogenmod install onto my stock ROM partition. Not sure if this is bad or not... :/

Edit 2: Okay... I found my old SD card with my original ME7 backup on it, so I'm back to that. Now I need to uninstall a bad Clockworkmod install because it's preventing me from updating.

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
So, I need to get back to pure stock, un-everything, however, I have a problem standing in my way:

I have SafeStrap installed (3.62 if I recall correctly), but I had to recover a bad install and now I can't even boot into SafeStrap anymore but the still boots into the Cyanogenmod ROM I installed. I have ME7 installed on my stock partition. Is there anyway I can force the phone to boot into SafeStrap, or boot into my stock partition, or update through Loki?

Edit: So I installed SafeStrap 3.65 and discovered that I recovered my Cyanogenmod install onto my stock ROM partition. Not sure if this is bad or not... :/

Edit 2: Okay... I found my old SD card with my original ME7 backup on it, so I'm back to that. Now I need to uninstall a bad Clockworkmod install because it's preventing me from updating.

odin you stock full wipe firmware

Marshmellow92

Jan 4, 2012
why did you install cyanogen mod with safestrap? you cannot do that lol.
but anyways. Yes use odin and use stock firmware tar to recover fully to stock.