[Tool] Dell Streak - MultiRecoveryFlasher v0.8 - [MF - MBF] [Update:7th JUL]

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I downloaded your prog and checked it out, the rec for 318 in yours seems to be a wrong version or changed or something.

It's hash value doesnt match the stock one included in 318, mabye yours was damaged or corrupted somehow?

If you need a fresh copy it's here

Reactions: UKSheep

UKSheep

Feb 10, 2005
Berlin
hm i use the 318 and it work.

but i add the recovery.img from your post and hope it work for everybody.

thanks

UKSheep

Televinken

Mar 12, 2009
"Waiting for USB fastboot detect" on the Dell screen.
"Waiting for device" on the laptop screen. Stuck.
Someone care to help a beginner out a bit...?
Thanx a bunch!

Last edited:

UKSheep

Feb 10, 2005
Berlin
Hi

sometime it stuck ;) not a MultiRecoveryFlasher problem... (Streak and Fastboot - driver?)

Try it a second time... when your Streak in Fastboot_Mode... wait 5 sec and then connect via USB!

Greets UKSheep

ndp1

Jul 1, 2009
Hi, I tried using this tool last night to update to 2.2.2/351 but it only rebooted my phone. I currently have 2.2/318 from QDL tool and was using this tool on win 7 64 bit machine. My phone was in fastboot mode and there were no errors. Please could anyone suggest anything else i need to do to prepare my phone for using this tool.

Besides anyone know what is the latest rom for AT&T US streak (locked).

Thanks.

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
Whether I press 7 or 8 as my selection, it pops up as dell 345. Pressing 8 is supposed to be 351. Is it actually 351 and just says 345 when selecting 8?

vanemburghj

Dec 17, 2010
Wish I had some of problems others have, at least it works for you. I have never gotten to work for me, always states unable to load and automatically reboots my Steak.

keithdphan

Jan 2, 2011
Did you extract the files to c:. Mines fail when I extracted to desktop.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

vanemburghj

Dec 17, 2010
keithdphan

Did you extract the files to c:. Mines fail when I extracted to desktop.

Extracted to C: all looks fine and starts up with no issues, just doesn't work for me. Now I am one of the few that has zero issues with 1.9.0 so will take that and normal way to update (now on 351 baseband and 1.9.0) vice a cool tool for now. Anyways got Angry Birds Rio to install and that was all I was after.......:D

vanemburghj

Dec 17, 2010
Hi... remove the sdcard... and then install Angry Birds.

Greetz

UKSheep

UKSheep, meant no disrespect, given each Streak is different and your tool works on 95% of them. That is a credit to your hard work. Would like to work for me, but such is life at times. Maybe V5 when it comes out will be the one:)

UKSheep

Feb 10, 2005
Berlin
UKSheep, meant no disrespect, given each Streak is different and your tool works on 95% of them. That is a credit to your hard work. Would like to work for me, but such is life at times. Maybe V5 when it comes out will be the one:)

I think not the Streak is the problem... i think the PCs the problem... (adb?)

But my English is not so good... i work on a solution... in the v.0.5 i make different *.bat filez...

MultiRecoveryFlasher.bat <- 4 all Versions...
flash345.bat <- 2.2.2/345
flash351.bat <- 2.2.2/351

i hope this work for everyone ;)

MfG

UKSheep

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
Hehe... i change only the download link ;) when you download the file before ;) you have the old 0.4 version... with the wrong text ;)

Download again... ;)

MfG

UKSheep

It is generally NOT a good idea to apply a fix to a program and then release it with the same version number. It is better to incrementally increase the version (0.4.1) so that users can tell that they have the fixed version.

UKSheep

Feb 10, 2005
Berlin
i have a download count ;) and 5 user have download the "old" version before i post the "new" 0.4.

both versions flash the right recovery.img only the text was the "problem" ;)

next time i make it better :)

Gettings

UKSheep

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I would like to invite you to try, this is my first tool, and I will appreciate suggestions.

Reminding that you should use this tool at your own risk and I am not responsible for bricking your phone or any other issue.

The reason of the tool: to flash most used recoverys!

download [MF]:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31441735&postcount=16 <- INFO

http://www.mediafire.com/?5c5bwxwz8khnoct <- Download

THX @ Strephon Alkhalikoi

how to:

1. Download MF / MRF / MBF !
    2. Extract the tool [MF / MRF / MBF] [best you unzip it to "C:\"]
    3. Start the MF / MRF / MBF !
    4. Start Streak to fastboot mode and connect via USB
    5. Make your selection

info:

Dell Streak -MultiFlasher [MF]:
    Code:
     .:: Dell Streak - MultiFlasher ::.

[fr] flash Recovery
           [fb] flash Baseband         

[r]  reboot your Streak...
           [q]  quit...

Dell Streak - MultiRecoveryFlasher [MRF+MF]:
    Code:
        .:: Dell Streak - MultiRecoveryFlasher ::.

[r111] flash Dell-Recovery   1.6/111
           [r309] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/309         
           [r315] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/315
           [r318] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/318
           [r319] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/319
           [r340] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/340
           [r345] flash Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/345
           [r351] flash Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/351
           [r353] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/353
           [r354] flash Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/354

[sr]   flash StreakMod-Recovery
           [cr]   flash ClockworkMod-Recovery

[r]    reboot your Streak...
           [p]    previous...
           [q]    quit

Dell Streak - MultiBasebandFlasher [MBF+MF]:
    Code:
      .:: Dell Streak - MultiBasebandFlasher ::.

[b111] flash Baseband   1.6/111
           [b309] flash Baseband   2.2/309         
           [b315] flash Baseband   2.2/315
           [b318] flash Baseband   2.2/318
           [b319] flash Baseband   2.2/319
           [b340] flash Baseband   2.2/340
           [b345] flash Baseband 2.2.2/345
           [b351] flash Baseband 2.2.2/351
           [b353] flash Baseband   2.2/353
           [b354] flash Baseband 2.2.2/354

[r]    reboot your Streak...
           [p]    previous...
           [q]    quit...

Version Dell Streak - MultiTool [MT]:
    v0.2 [coming soon]
    MultiFlasher [MRF - MBF] renamed to "Dell Streak - MultiTool"
    MultiFlasher - completely revised
    add RomDownloader
    add TweakDownloader

Version [MF]:
    v0.1
    All in one tool ! MultiRecoveryFlasher and MultiBasebandFlasher in one tool !

Version [MRF]:
    v0.8
    MultiRecoveryFlasher - completely revised
    added UpdateScript 0.1 [TestVersion]

v0.7
    rebuild the menu
    update StreakMod Recovery to recovery-v0.3.2.8-beta

v0.6.1
    Sorry ;) 2.2.2/353 = 2.2/353 THX @ TheManii
    I fixed little problem with Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/354 !!! c.0.6 flash 2.2.2/351 instead 2.2.2/354 (sorry)

v0.6
    add Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/353 & Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/354 !!!

v0.5.1
    update StreakMod Recovery to v0.3.2.7-DoctorWFix

v0.5
    geek65535 added support for Linux and Mac by creating a shell script and adding the fastboot binaries for Linux and Mac.
    I've added support for Linux and Mac by creating a shell script and adding the fastboot binaries for Linux and Mac. I haven't tested on Mac, though, as I don't have one handy.

v0.4
    add Dell-Recovery 1.6/111, 2.2.2/351

v0.3
    add Dell-Recovery 2.2/309, 2.2/315, 2.2/319 and 2.2/340

v.0.2
    add Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/345

Version [MBF]:
    v0.1
    first version of the tool...

Link for german user:
    http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-ha...f-v0-1-v0-7-v0-1-eng-update-30-06-2011-a.html

Big THX @ Bin4ry and geek65535

MfG

UKSheep

P.S. Sry for bad English
    I was bored today. Not feeling well and with no real desire to do much of anything, I figured I would dig into MultiRecovery Flasher myself and see if I could improve on it. I believe I have, but only you guys can decide if I really did. For me, this was more of a thought exercise, as the batch file itself I can repurpose for a similar project on another site dedicated to tablets. Anyway, here's my version, called MultiFlasher (Dev-Host | Mega). I'm sure some people are going to ask why I changed the name. Well, here's the changelog.

• MultiBasebandFlasher and MultiRecoveryFlasher combined into one batch file: MultiFlasher.bat.
    • Version update code and accompanying batch file removed as the original author no longer updates the script.
    • Rar and wget removed as they were used with the update code, which is no longer present.
    • Cmdnow executable removed as antivirus tools treat it as a hack tool.
    • Number of recovery images expanded, covering all available regions and Android versions.
    • Clockworkmod Recovery updated to 6.0.1.2.
    • Excessive "Echo." lines removed from batch file.
    • Redundant copies of fastboot command removed from batch file and replaced with a version utilizing variables set when making selections. This makes the batch file easier to maintain if new versions of stock recoveries are made available. While not terribly relevant for the Streak 5, this could see use with other devices.
    It simply didn't make sense to keep the name when it combines the two tools into one. Credits are given in the Readme in the zip file, but the bulk of the credit belongs to UKSheep for creating the tool in the first place. All I did was make the batch file easier to manage and expanded the number or recovery images included in the zip file.

Enjoy.
    . . . .

Now i tries ur tool n its seemed to work but still whn igo to recovery menu its jst the dell recovery menu n not thestreakmod recovery.. help me pls ..
    . . . .

The recovery image will be overwritten by the stock recovery each time you restart your phone if you are on a stock ROM. You need to rename the file install-recovery.sh to something else (such as install-recovery.sh.bak) to prevent this. The file is in the folder etc and you need root access to rename the file. You can use root explorer or an alternate method to rename the file.

Also the first screen will appear the same. You have to select option 2 on the first screen to see the streakmod options. See this picture gallery.
    Thanks!

Looks very useful for those of us that are constantly flashing back and forth as well as the novice user.

Will try it out and post my results/feedback.
    Just want to say this worked great. easy to use and understand. Wish the recovery would stick. I came from the captivate. Once I flashed clockwork from rom manager it was always there. It would be sweet if you could make that happen

Captivate (cognition rom)

install-recovery.sh, located in \system\etc. Using the root-enabled file management app of your choice (I use Super Manager), rename the file to install-recovery.sh.bak. Then flash Clockworkmod or Streakmod.

If you are going to use Streakmod, you'll want to download the newest version (0.3.2.7-DoctorWfix) from the Streakmod Recovery thread. The new version fixes a major problem with nandroid backups on stock ROMs. Copy the new recovery.img that you downloaded from that thread into the Streakmod directory of Multirecovery Flasher, overwriting the original recovery.img located therein. Then follow the instructions for flashing a new recovery and you should be good to go.