• Nexus 10

Votes: 20 4.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
The idea behind this thread is to have all reviews, opinions and feedback of note users collated under one roof.

This would make things simple for everyone easy to post opinions updates feedback, for those who look upon us before making a purchasing decision easier to find them.

I hope this is not take in a wrong way the whole idea is to get things organize so information is easier to find and not scattered around but not boss around or offend anyone.

asdfuogh

Jun 22, 2011
I just got my note yesterday and I have to say that it's a pretty amazing and fast piece of tech. I'll come back to edit this review more as I use it (and receive my case so I can use it a little more roughly like I normally do).

So far:

Pros-
Amazingly fast.
No stutters (I had the original Transformer TF101.. which had lags sometimes).
Sound is amazing (why don't other tablets have front speakers?).
Wacom stylus is streets ahead of capacitive crap :)/ sorry adonit jot just doesn't cut it).
Multi-tasking is awesome!

Cons-
S-note is.. underwhelming. (But lecture notes was great!) Seriously wished s-note was better because I kind of like it.
Multi-tasking is limited.. (although we get the Galaxy Note 2's multitasking abilities after we get jb right?)

EDIT:
Just used this for class.. and doodling, amazing! It's like taking notes on paper, without the weight and fuss and ink and ****, and I can copy and paste stuff. Also, I used it in the crapper, and it's amazing for reddit and stuff because it won't crash from loading too many images. But the stylus is freaking fantastic! AHHHh! (BTW, LectureNotes is definitely worth it. I like Papyrus more than it in the beginning because Papyrus was easier to use, but LectureNotes' customizability is waaaaay worth the learning curve.)

Last edited:

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
This is a general trend because of the aprehensions created by biased reviews people have doubts before purchasing a note but ones they have got one they are happy I have yet to see any one regretting purchasing a note

It is a great devices there is no doubt about it

I do not use S notes so no positive or negative feedback but yes those on JB say there are some improvements on Snote

The multiapps feature is limited and with JB some more apps have been added but again no google native apps have been added but the reason for the limitation is due to the reason that for every app code needs to be added and apps needs to be recompiled the problem is that Samsung cannot control the updates of google apps they are push directly and hence it will be difficult but I think in future as time goes by more and more developers will adapt the feature and so the number of apps with multiview will grow

Last edited:
Reactions: mdfalien

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Different Benchmark scores and comparison with other tablets in market (courtesy engadget)

benchmarknote.jpg

The Antutu score for Tab 10.1 is 4772 which almost 60% lower then note

Last edited:
Reactions: mdfalien

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I still love using my Note 10.1. Its never given me any problems. Its worked well out the box since day one. So much so that I stayed stock and feel no need to root it. Can't wait till we get JB update. I am very tempted to get a Nexus 10 also. Bit I have too many devices as it is. This device performing so well makes it hard to justify getting another android tab. Aside from screen resolution increase and newer/more powerful processor. And HDMI port built onto device..lol

dhd1802

Feb 20, 2011
The only improvements that I would make hardware wise, would be screen resolution and more memory. Software changes would be more apps available to be used in multi screen.

Other than that everything else is spot on.

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Another victory for Galaxy note 10.1

http://www.designntrend.com/article...ng-galaxy-note-apple-microsoft-surface-rt.htm

Here’s yet another blow for Apple, which is embroiled in a multi-billion dollar battle with Samsung.
Consumer Reports, a magazine that reviews consumer products, recently pitched Samsung Galaxy Note, and not the market-dominating iPad, as the most groundbreaking tablet of 2012.
Based on performance and innovation, the magazine noted that “the 10-inch Galaxy Note adds capabilities that no other tablet, not even the Apple iPad, currently offers. An excellent performer overall, it almost matches the superb battery life of the iPad and adds a memory-card slot that its rival lacks.”
Like Us on Facebook
On the design front too, many reviewers feel that the Galaxy Note scores over the third generation of iPad. For instance, the Apple iPad 3 has an all aluminum back and glass front, which makes the device heavy. On the other hand, the Galaxy Note has gone for a plastic construction, which makes it easy to hold for long hours.
But if its style over substance, the iPad 3 is the best choice as it “looks and feels like the premium option,” according to an IBTimes

Reactions: Kimonoskunk

asdfuogh

Jun 22, 2011
Until the note 10.1 is used as the reference tablet, or reviewed without comparison to other tablets will be the day. Until that day arrive the iPad is still top dog for most.

Very true. But it's hard because the iPad has been cemented in people's heads as THE tablet. Honestly, most people I know (who aren't tech people, but aren't "stupid, tech-phobes" just refer to all tablets as "iPads" in the same way people refer to tissue as kleenex. I'm not sure how any tablet can get away with not being compared to the iPad unless Apple bankrupts or keeps getting bad publicity (and still, not that much honestly) for suing everyone for everything.

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Its a brand preception which was generated we can say the same for Iphone but yet S3 has over taken it, yes all people are not techsavy but most of them understand a difference between Ipad and Note the only reason they buy an Ipad is because of the hype surrounding it again it is a brand which has generated over time and it is a good product there is no denying that

Overtime like things have changed for Iphone it will change of Ipad because Apple has reached its peak and now it will slide down like Apple Samsung is looking towards reaching its peak and after it enjoys its stay over there someone else will do that.

Reactions: fera2k

Jasonchewy91

Oct 12, 2012
After using the note 10.1 for 3 months, I feel that if you are looking for a generic tablet for media and content consumption, a tablet like iPad or the nexus 10 will be more suitable for you, with higher resolution screen on paper and either same price or cheaper. However if you're looking for true productivity, multitasking and content creation (taking notes, replacing pen and paper for a student), note 10.1 is definitely the best option. Well if you're reading this you're definitely not a generic user or average consumer so you know what to choose ;) I personally have no regrets buying it as a student. Have not touched a pen or paper for very long and my laptopis collecting slightly more dust than ever.

mexman2010

Oct 28, 2012
i used my note for like 1 month , i really loved it so much , good screen res , very good smooth , no lag at all
u can hold ur pen and type what u want , multitasking are very poweful
i can play all games , i can play with photoshop
finally all i can say u will hold tablet that makes u dont need a PC :)

T

Tempest228

Best Tablet I Have Ever Used

Coming from the Asus Transformer Prime TF201, I have to say, this tablet is amazing. My prime suffered from WiFi, Bluetooth, gps light bleed, and I/O issues, even with sending it to Asus. This tablet fixes all of that and still adds more. I was worried about the screen being small, but I looked at the specs of my Prime to find out they both have the same resolution. This tablet is fast, sleek, and does everything I wanted in a tablet. I would highly recommend this tablet to anyone who wants a productivity device or creative device.

thas5

Dec 23, 2011
Toronto
I had to make the hard decision between the Nexus 10 & the Note 10.1. I watch a lot of videos & I love great looking picture quality. The Nexus 10 was the best choice in that department, but it didn't offer much else to me personally right out of the box. The Note 10.1 on the other hand did (especially since I'm a student). After looking at the reviews, I was kind of down on the screen, but I was quite impressed when I actually saw it in the store. The screen is not top of the line, but it's actually quite good. Coming from a long line of AMOLED products, the colours look fantastic. Highly recommend this for students & those who just want their tablets to do more.

T

Tempest228

but I was quite impressed when I actually saw it in the store. The screen is not top of the line, but it's actually quite good. Coming from a long line of AMOLED products, the colours look fantastic. Highly recommend this for students & those who just want their tablets to do more.

This was my deciding factor(along with the fact I had a newegg gift card). The "reviewers" harp on it for having a 1200 x 800 screen, instead of looking at what it offers. I decided to look at amazon reviews which praised the tablet. I also went into the store to check it out to find the screen really beautiful. I would highly recommend someone go into the store and check out tablets instead of reading paid reviewers.

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
The reviewers have only one major so called flaw by them to work with thats the display so all they do is use it to critized the note and create an impression that it is a bad peice of hardware what is surprising is that for a so called bad device there is only praises from the actual users

T

Tempest228

The reviewers have only one major so called flaw by them to work with thats the display so all they do is use it to critized the note and create an impression that it is a bad peice of hardware what is surprising is that for a so called bad device there is only praises from the actual users

They have to find something to grab on to make the device seem worse then the iPad. It is amazing what they say sometimes.

mgunthi

Oct 1, 2012
My opinion about note 10.1

I have the impression there is two distinct opinions about the note, i don't know why.
Before i buy the note 10.1 i read a lot of reviews from sites and magazines and so on, and most of all don't give me a good impression of the note 10.1. In general it was a regular tablet.
But in other way when reading the opinion of the users, all of them said wonderful things, some of them already use other tablets like Ipad. And the most important was that they talk about things that i didn't read on the reviews.
One of that things was the S-Pen, yes they talk about it, but, just superficial. I use the pen to do almost everything, write mails, documents, notes, internet.
I can edit photos and videos using software that came installed by root, don't need to buy it. I can make art with it (abstract art because my drawings....). I have real multitask.
I use this tablet for working, not just for read, or using the internet, thats the big diference. Everything i do on a computer i do it here, with a litle bit of practice, but I can do it.
About the display, have anyone already put the note 10.1 side by side with a full HD, my laptop is 17" full hd and i didn't found any diference. Perhaps brightness and colors, but even the same display could appaer different on this aspects, but in the pixels I cannot find.

;) As you can see i like very much my note 10.1 :good:

Sorry my english, its not my mother language

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    total crap slow, unsecure no updates from Samsung still on ICS, screen looks cheap 149ppi only price to high for total rubbish!!! Not recommend will give for free. Will bet for Apple with retina display

Your posts make interesting reading .

jje
    I just got my note yesterday and I have to say that it's a pretty amazing and fast piece of tech. I'll come back to edit this review more as I use it (and receive my case so I can use it a little more roughly like I normally do).

So far:

Pros-
    Amazingly fast.
    No stutters (I had the original Transformer TF101.. which had lags sometimes).
    Sound is amazing (why don't other tablets have front speakers?).
    Wacom stylus is streets ahead of capacitive crap :)/ sorry adonit jot just doesn't cut it).
    Multi-tasking is awesome!

Cons-
    S-note is.. underwhelming. (But lecture notes was great!) Seriously wished s-note was better because I kind of like it.
    Multi-tasking is limited.. (although we get the Galaxy Note 2's multitasking abilities after we get jb right?)

EDIT:
    Just used this for class.. and doodling, amazing! It's like taking notes on paper, without the weight and fuss and ink and ****, and I can copy and paste stuff. Also, I used it in the crapper, and it's amazing for reddit and stuff because it won't crash from loading too many images. But the stylus is freaking fantastic! AHHHh! (BTW, LectureNotes is definitely worth it. I like Papyrus more than it in the beginning because Papyrus was easier to use, but LectureNotes' customizability is waaaaay worth the learning curve.)
    Check out this video, I think this is one of the best adds Samsung has ever come out with for this is among some of the best in the world

So, on my quest for the perfect android tablet, I found a nexus 10 at Wal-Mart and scooped it up. Yes, the screen is gorgeous, if a tad unsaturated. But, playing high stress games would make the cpu overheat and make the game turn in to a slide show. So it went back. Picked a Asus tf700, again, pretty screen. But I should have researched it more. It has a problem with it's memory being incredibly slow. Pull up a web page and it takes forever to load, and installing apps was agonizing. So back it went, and picked up a note 10.1, which I should have started with, since I have a note 2. Screen, compared to the Asus and nexus, is a bit grainy, but much more vibrant then those. Speed wise it seems every bit as fast as the nexus 10, but without all the horrible slowdown. I'm really enjoying it, and I think I found a keeper.
    The idea behind this thread is to have all reviews, opinions and feedback of note users collated under one roof.

This would make things simple for everyone easy to post opinions updates feedback, for those who look upon us before making a purchasing decision easier to find them.

I hope this is not take in a wrong way the whole idea is to get things organize so information is easier to find and not scattered around but not boss around or offend anyone.