[Q] Galaxy W turned off forever?

Search This thread
May 30, 2013
Hey Guys,

i hope you can help me.
I have a Galaxy W and I'm using arcos CM10.1 for a while now. 3 Weeks ago I decided to update to arcos latest Beta 4. It was running as good as always for the 3 weeks - but as I went to bed on Friday evening my Wonder had about 50% battery and when I woke up it was turned off. At first I thought the battery collapsed, so I tried loading it but it didn't help. My Mother also has a Galaxy W, so I put in her battery, but it didn't help either.
The Problem is: no matter what I try, when I push the Power-Button the screen stays black and nothing happens. No vibration or anything. So I'm not able to boot in recovery or anything else.

Is there anything I can do? Do you think this is a Hardware-issue?
I'm barely over the warranty, so sending it to Samsung is no real option.

There were a lot of photos on the internal SD-Card - is there a way to save them?

Thank you guys! :crying:

Redwraith96

Jul 15, 2013
Torino
Hey Guys,

i hope you can help me.
I have a Galaxy W and I'm using arcos CM10.1 for a while now. 3 Weeks ago I decided to update to arcos latest Beta 4. It was running as good as always for the 3 weeks - but as I went to bed on Friday evening my Wonder had about 50% battery and when I woke up it was turned off. At first I thought the battery collapsed, so I tried loading it but it didn't help. My Mother also has a Galaxy W, so I put in her battery, but it didn't help either.
The Problem is: no matter what I try, when I push the Power-Button the screen stays black and nothing happens. No vibration or anything. So I'm not able to boot in recovery or anything else.

There were a lot of photos on the internal SD-Card - is there a way to save them?

The same thing is happened to me the battery from 70% is dropped to 0% and the next morning I can't power on but when I tried to charge my phone I saw the charger animation so I waited until the battery is upped to 100%.
I think it's an overheathing problem cause now my battery works fine:good:

May 30, 2013
Thanks for your Reply!

The problem is even if I put it on the Charger - nothing happens... :(
That means I don't see the charger animation either...
And I tried different cables (USB and DC) ...

Any other idea? :(

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
Hey Guys,

i hope you can help me.

Mine didn't turn on, got a JTAG, it worked fine (is dead now, fell in water, got new one) You should try that, if not fixed. Then the logic board is dead

Reactions: Tomatenjoghurt
May 30, 2013
Mine didn't turn on, got a JTAG, it worked fine (is dead now, fell in water, got new one) You should try that, if not fixed. Then the logic board is dead

That sounds great :D

So I did some research and found out, that such a JTAG (I found "RiffBox") is about 150$ :eek:
Isn't there any cheaper method? :rolleyes:
I mean if I spend 150$ I could nearly buy a new phone...

I found UnBrickableResurrector on xda.
But I'm not sure if it works for our device :rolleyes:

Has anyone worked with that before?
Or knows a cheaper JTAG? :p

EDIT: Found someone to borrow an USB Jig. Will try this at first.
Also I found a local phone repair shop - they'll do a JTAG for about 25$, so if the Jig won't help it's worth a thinking...
I'll write again if I know more :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
That sounds great :D

So I did some research and found out, that such a JTAG (I found "RiffBox") is about 150$ :eek:
Isn't there any cheaper method? :rolleyes:
I mean if I spend 150$ I could nearly buy a new phone...

I found UnBrickableResurrector on xda.
But I'm not sure if it works for our device :rolleyes:

Has anyone worked with that before?
Or knows a cheaper JTAG? :p

EDIT: Found someone to borrow an USB Jig. Will try this at first.
Also I found a local phone repair shop - they'll do a JTAG for about 25$, so if the Jig won't help it's worth a thinking...
I'll write again if I know more :fingers-crossed:

Great find, see if that supports our Wonder, and the cheapest JTAG here is around 12$, But trust me, it is worth it.

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
That thread is for USB jig only......
The chances are that a jig WILL NOT WORK......it takes a bootlooping phone and forces download mode.....if your phone is totally unresponsive.... eg not even powering on to get as far as bootloop....the jig will be useless.
I think the only option is JTAG......
but I think that it might delete the files that you are worried about.....
Check with the repairer first.
Also find out if you will still be charged if the JTAG fails.....

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D

Reactions: Tomatenjoghurt
May 30, 2013
Hey Guys, sorry for the late response.
It seems the Galaxy W is dead - no USB Jig and no JTAG could revive it :(
Looks like the hardware is dead. So I had to order a new phone.
I'm now proud owner of a Google Nexus 5, which is really awesome :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

i hope you can help me.

That thread is for USB jig only......
    The chances are that a jig WILL NOT WORK......it takes a bootlooping phone and forces download mode.....if your phone is totally unresponsive.... eg not even powering on to get as far as bootloop....the jig will be useless.
    I think the only option is JTAG......
    but I think that it might delete the files that you are worried about.....
    Check with the repairer first.
    Also find out if you will still be charged if the JTAG fails.....

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D