[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Exactly! I've been toying with ICS for a while now but I cannot use daily since I have no cell signal at home. Wifi calling is a life saver and a must. PLEASE somebody figure this out for us TMOUS users.

Also would def like to see an addon for ICS dialer and contacts. I really don't care for any offerings from HTC (well besides the hardware).
Thanks!

I actually need it too. It's on my list, I'll look at it tonight and see if it's possible.

homais

Jul 16, 2010
Houston, L.A.
Hey rmk,
whats going to be in the new update? just curious.
I also got the noscript to just install the dialer and contacts if anybody wants or if you want it rmk.

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Hey rmk,
whats going to be in the new update? just curious.
I also got the noscript to just install the dialer and contacts if anybody wants or if you want it rmk.

Fixing Superuser, updating the ICS theme and the dialer/contacts. So yes, please send that over to me -- rmk at virtuousrom.com.

BearIV

Dec 12, 2010
Looking good! Does this have everything else stock except dialer..what about calendar and camera?

homais

Jul 16, 2010
Houston, L.A.
thats already ics...also...how can i get the mobile network to work lol i just cant and um the facelock neither.

im sending it over now.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

and i forgot to quote again sorry :(

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Nvm got it...yeah i think the theme still needs the data icons to be updated because the data in and out icons need to be seperate and the rom shows 4 full bars even when there shouldnt.

micahman

Sep 1, 2011
Virtuous comes through again! Thanks rmk, I've been running this for a couple hours and ive had zero issues and battery life is great thus far.

homais

Jul 16, 2010
Houston, L.A.
Virtuous comes through again! Thanks rmk, I've been running this for a couple hours and ive had zero issues and battery life is great thus far.
yes this rom is working great...waiting on the them because i am just too lazy to mess with the systemui.apk and when i replace it from the nosense rom it changes the notification pull bar, letting rmk know if he doesnt. and i know he will do it. so yeah thanks.

BearIV

Dec 12, 2010
Allright..testing now.Seems very good! Thanks! One issue so far, when you launch camera it shows almost black screen.Switching to videocam and back fixes problem:confused:

Reactions: freeblank

Basil3

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2008
Dublin
Sorry for noobish question, but titanium backup can't acquire root on this ROM. Is there something I've done wrong?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

segfault82

Jun 4, 2010
sorry for the dumb question, but how do i enable mobile data? i tried selecting an APN manually but that didn't seem to work.

edit: ah nvm, i didn't see it under data usage. still getting used to the new ICS settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)