Search This thread

Euyis

May 20, 2012
Well, my main issue wasnt' the reboot after turning on the wifi, but the phone that won't boot. The wifi-reboot thing is here since a while, but didn't give it too much attention. Next time something happens i'll grab the last_kmsg. Thank you!

And yesterday, when all seemed to be good, i flashed 3.0.48 over 20121021 build with 3.0.46 and got http://pastebin.com/HA5mbzq9 ..It's only a logcat, but that WTF error and that clear message saying BOOT FAILURE scared me a little! Going to full wipe this weekend and see if my phone can digest latest update with latest kernel.

Well, I'm quite happy (okay...) because there's finally some confirmation that it wasn't just me, my possibly defective device having WiFi turn-on kernel panic issues - I speculated this problem was due to some batches of the phone having minor defects and not actually a kernel bug. Good to know it's not the phone hardware - I'm still a broke undergraduate and buying another phone is not that viable an option. :D

Back to the unable to boot issue: I assume you tried to switch on WiFi just after completion of boot animation? Because I did the same just a few days ago, had a WiFi switch-on crash, and after that my phone got stuck in the boot animation just like yours, don't know why. Restoring the latest backup helped.

Last edited:

TamCore

Jul 8, 2010
Düsseldorf
tamcore.eu
It's only a logcat, but that WTF error and that clear message saying BOOT FAILURE scared me a little! Going to full wipe this weekend and see if my phone can digest latest update with latest kernel.
I had the same problem. Some files on /data were corrupted. I've created a nandroid backup, wiped /data and restored everything from the backup with Titanium Backup :)

Reactions: daddoso

daddoso

Dec 23, 2011
Milan
Well, I'm quite happy (okay...) because there's finally some confirmation that it wasn't just me, my possibly defective device having WiFi turn-on kernel panic issues - I speculated this problem was due to some batches of the phone having minor defects and not actually a kernel bug. Good to know it's not the phone hardware - I'm still a broke undergraduate and buying another phone is not that viable an option. :D

Back to the unable to boot issue: I assume you tried to switch on WiFi just after completion of boot animation? Because I did the same just a few days ago, had a WiFi switch-on crash, and after that my phone got stuck in the boot animation just like yours, don't know why. Restoring the latest backup helped.

Yep, just after the pin insertion i switched on from the power widget in the status bar! Backup always save my ass :D

I had the same problem. Some files on /data were corrupted. I've created a nandroid backup, wiped /data and restored everything from the backup with Titanium Backup :)

Will try later then, glad to know its not something terrible! Thank you!

metropical

Sep 23, 2011
New York
change log and 2 suggestion

would someone point me to a change log (if it exists) for the nightlys?
I'm currently on 20122007 which is quite stable.
So much better than GB ever was.

I'm reluctant to update if there are no major changes even though I can step back.

Would it be possible to have 1 more lockscreen slider shortcut?
Would it be possible to make the edit window of the default SMS bigger (other than going to HandCent)?

Excellent work for all involved.

TamCore

Jul 8, 2010
Düsseldorf
tamcore.eu
would someone point me to a change log (if it exists) for the nightlys?
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/is:merged+branch:ics,n,z. But I think todays build is the final build.

Would it be possible to have 1 more lockscreen slider shortcut?
Would it be possible to make the edit window of the default SMS bigger (other than going to HandCent)?
Nope.

Excellent work for all involved.
Thank Vorbeth. He's the one who gave us a working device tree for the Sensation.

Wanhao

Sep 28, 2011
QuJing
FYI: I put the OS2 stuff in bruce2728's hands. (See the related conversation on twitter.) The final OS build is out since last weekend. And I sell my sensation when I get my Nexus 4 :)

For now I think the last OS build is pretty stable and the battery life is great (in combination with my kernel). Unplugged this morning and still 53% remaining :)

nexus 4 will be my next phone too :D
i must say thanks to you and all the other guys who give us so many good rom .

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

corollatercel

May 23, 2007
This is by far the rom with THE best battery life i've had in ages on any phone. I just had my phone last 1Day 22Hrs on a single charge with light/moderate usage. I am very pleased with the most recent build and tamcore's kernel

TamCore

Jul 8, 2010
Düsseldorf
tamcore.eu
Hey tamcore a little off topic here but are you still getting the Nexus 4? And if so will you be developing for it, like cooking roms, kernels etc? Just curious :)
Yep, can't wait to order it on tuesday. I'm sure I'll use the OS2 repos (PDroid etc..) to build a ROM for it. Like I already do for the Nexus 7 ;)

JoWannes

Jan 19, 2011
I'm using this rom for a few months now, everything working fine. But since the last 2 versions or so, my phone refuses to go in deep sleep. In already uninstalled recently installed apps, but that doesn't seem to fix it. I hope I don't have to do a full wipe...

Edit: Latest update and deep sleep is working again, thanks.

Last edited:

imr@n

Sep 12, 2012
I'm using this rom for a few months now, everything working fine. But since the last 2 versions or so, my phone refuses to go in deep sleep. In already uninstalled recently installed apps, but that doesn't seem to fix it. I hope I don't have to do a full wipe...

You should definitely try wiping everything and re flashing the rom. I have seen similar issues with roms and in most cases a full wipe resolves the issue.
Also you might want to disable some accounts auto syncing from settings > Accounts (or at least increase the sync times). Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation running Bruce's CM10 using XDA Premium

JoWannes

Jan 19, 2011
Just a small question, is MHL supposed to be working with this rom? I just received my MHL adapter from DX (this one). DX says it's compatible with the HTC Sensation, but it does nothing, so I'm wondering if this is because of this rom, or the adapter..?

TamCore

Jul 8, 2010
Düsseldorf
tamcore.eu
Just a small question, is MHL supposed to be working with this rom? I just received my MHL adapter from DX (this one). DX says it's compatible with the HTC Sensation, but it does nothing, so I'm wondering if this is because of this rom, or the adapter..?
Did you read the opening post?
MHL doesn't works as expected
It was working - months ago. Nobody knows why we lost the functionality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

This thread is about OpenSensation and not about my kernel!!

Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Known Bugs / Fixes
    • MHL doesn't works as expected
    • Bluetooth may not work perfectly on every device
    • Not compatible with SuperWipe.zip
      • Use 4EXT's full-wipe function
    • Your bug is not listed here?
    Difference between OpenSensation and CyanogenMod
    • we have 1080p, they don’t
    • we have OTA Updates, they don’t
    • we have PDroid patches included, they don’t
    • we have removed RomManger and Terminal Emulator (bloatware, still available in Play Store)
    USB-OTG
    The USB-OTG stuff is a little bit tricky. It looks like some Sensations have a self powered USB Host port which allows them to use an USB-Stick without external power. But most Sensation don’t have it.
    You need
    • USB-OTG y-cable (like this)
      • (or a normal USB-OTG cable if your attached device has it’s own power supply)
    • in case you’re using an USB-OTG y-cable you need an external power supply
      • I recommend you a mobile battery with a female USB-Port
    This ROM will mount the first partition of your attached device (fat32 & ntfs only!) to /mnt/usbdisk. If you wan’t to use more partitions/devices I recommend you to use Chainfire’s StickMount App
    Requirements
    • HTC Sensation (XE and 4G sould work, too)
    • custom Recovery (I recommend 4EXT)
    • 3.32 or 3.33 Firmware (ROM is tested with 3.32 firmware, so use 3.33 at your own risk!)
    • S-OFF (ROM should work without S-OFF, but you might need 4EXT’s SmartFlash to properly flash the boot.img)
    • SDCard
    Download
    FAQ
    • Can we have XYZ from Sense?
      • NO!
    • “Is there a way to have FM Radio?”
      • No, there is no way to build it from source. Try Spirit FM.
    Thanks & Credits
    • Vorbeth, intervigilium, elelinux and cretin45 (for bringing CM9 to the Sensation)
    • intervigilium, faux123 and showp1984 (for the kernel)
    • blahbl4hblah (for his tutorial to compile OpenSensation which brought me to where I am now)
    • aquariumsoft (for UpdateMe)
    • SebastianFM (for his USB-OTG patch)
    • pastime1971 (for the updated PDroid patches)
    • Slap me if I forgot to mention you :)
    Sources
    Removed as TamCore now has OP
    Small update for you all.
    I'm going to be stopping working on OS. Waiting 190 minutes for each compile just to test a small fix is getting too much.

I thank all those that previously donated, I was able to get a used q6600 PC, however that didn't last and the CPU fried. (Probably why I got it cheap was that is was on it's way out)

I've asked TamCore if he will take over on OpenSensation.

I have enjoyed the time I spent in doing this, however with work I don't have time to work on this during a week now, as the last few updates have shown working on it during the week, staying up while it compiles results in a few bug's.

The repo's as they are now do suffer from audio routing and I will try to re-port the routing fix over the next few day's, but that will be my last contribution.
    What's the current status of LPA?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

In a few hours after I compile, it will be enabled & audio routing band-aided

leaving just bluetooth, mhl, full HW acceleration & a few wakelock issues to be fixed.

Hell, I started out on this laptop, so may as well finish on it.
    i'll stick around continuing to work on this for a while yet.

Guess I just got that pissed off waiting one night I thought "f**k it"
    I will continue until such a point that cm and my repos have exactly the same functions.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA