[KERNEL][GOLFU][Linaro] Prometheus Kernel

Search This thread

webhijacker

Mar 1, 2013
damascus
Re: [KERNEL][GOLFU] Prometheus Kernel

Don't worry about the battery drain .... We can use setCPU or something like this app to control our CPU

Sent from my HTC Desire C

nikhil16242

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2012
just had a chance to stress test the 800 and all is well . going to try the big boy now ty kind sir:good:

lol "kind sir" .Richard test 822mhz :) . Will post benchmarks soon for 822mhz after I get it from the faithfull testers :)

Heres mine from the 767 oc crippled desire c:

i76jh0.png

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
lol "kind sir" .Richard test 822mhz :) . Will post benchmarks soon for 822mhz after I get it from the faithfull testers :)

Heres mine from the 767 oc crippled desire c:

running some antututututu on "Big Boy" now :good:

starting to cook now , I fecking hate the new screenshot buttons russ :(

But I'm liking "Big Boy " nikhil :p

Last edited:
Reactions: nikhil16242

nikhil16242

Aug 31, 2012

Wow 4794 :eek:.You have one helluva good phone Richard haha.
I will try to increase it slightly in the next release, hopefully the device can run a slightly higher oc :)
Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Well you have the title of "King Of Benchmarks" from me :p . And thanks to all the testers who were willing to help me out with testing. Look out for an improved release tomorrow :)

I already had th highest score(2 matching) on the high score thread :victory:

But thankyou kind sir , i look forward to tomorrow :) I'll keep testing but the missus keeps fecking ringing me lol !

russell664

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere you can't imagine...

Nice kernel Nikhil I will test your "big boy" lol. I plan on changing the screenshot buttons Rich. :)
Will post back results.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda premium

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Nice kernel Nikhil I will test your "big boy" lol. I plan on changing the screenshot buttons Rich. :)
Will post back results.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda premium

Haha thanks russ my big manly hands have trouble especially as I use a cover too:good:

rofl 4734 with the missus on the phone the whole antututututu run . I reckon you got a damn fine kernenl here sir!

Last edited:
Reactions: russell664

nikhil16242

Aug 31, 2012

Thanks Richard :).
The only thing I can't seem to implement correctly is sweep2wake.The freaking gpio_keys() function doesn't seem to get called from the golfu board file :(.Will try the best to get this going too.

russell664

Dec 2, 2010
Nikhil my phone boots on the 822mhz kernel too, it is so smooth and fast man! I think i'll just let you handle the kernels not me, you have done a awesome job, i''ll just add a cpu config app integrated into my rom in revolution tweaks. It will be in a section called Prometheus Kernel tweaks, because I think this kernel is the next revolution kernel my friend! :D

Edit: Would editing any files in my Rom help the files being called nikhil? If I can I will help out mate. :)

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Nikhil my phone boots on the 822mhz kernel too, it is so smooth and fast man! I think i'll just let you handle the kernels not me, you have done a awesome job, i''ll just add a cpu config app integrated into my rom in revolution tweaks. It will be in a section called Prometheus Kernel tweaks, because I think this kernel is the next revolution kernel my friend! :D

Edit: Would editing any files in my Rom help the files being called nikhil? If I can I will help out mate. :)

An integrated cpu config would be an excellent idea and yes I think nikhil has got this kernel sorted :good:

nikhil16242

Aug 31, 2012

Thanks for the feedback russ :) . Looking forward to your new rom update :highfive:

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Thanks Richard :).
The only thing I can't seem to implement correctly is sweep2wake.The freaking gpio_keys() function doesn't seem to get called from the golfu board file :(.Will try the best to get this going too.

you mean the old brushing the finger across the screen to wake the phone?
If so it was a big thing on the N7 forum a while back , I seem to recall it dying a quiet death because it was a battery hog

nikhil16242

Aug 31, 2012
you mean the old brushing the finger across the screen to wake the phone?
If so it was a big thing on the N7 forum a while back , I seem to recall it dying a quiet death because it was a battery hog

Yeah the same feature.Probably the last in my priority list since it does hog a lot of battery , but would be awesome to have on our little device :)

russell664

Dec 2, 2010
A great team we have ain't it lol. I am still having issues on linux with compiles so I have to make changes on my linux and transfer over to a VM, so the app might not be in the next update, but then again it might be. :)
Nikhil, maybe you could push it a little higher, to see when both mine and Richs phone gives up, i think it will be interesting to know mate, as we willl have more of a guide to go by when thinking about overclocking. :)
My phone says it is one 828mhz too, highest ever my friend.
Thanks so much for your support mate, without your help i think this community would be missing something big. :)

nikhil16242

Aug 31, 2012
A great team we have ain't it lol. I am still having issues on linux with compiles so I have to make changes on my linux and transfer over to a VM, so the app might not be in the next update, but then again it might be. :)
Nikhil, maybe you could push it a little higher, to see when both mine and Richs phone gives up, i think it will be interesting to know mate, as we willl have more of a guide to go by when thinking about overclocking. :)
My phone says it is one 828mhz too, highest ever my friend.
Thanks so much for your support mate, without your help i think this community would be missing something big. :)

844mhz is my next target :) . Hopefully your device can boot that too :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts