[DISCUSSION] [ROM] MaximusHD 10.0.0 | JB 4.2.2 | Sense 5.0 | OTA Update

Search This thread

BL4zD

Oct 19, 2010
For those of us who damaged our devices trying to flash this ROM, I am trying to work with others to figure out how to get us back to stock.

The main concerning symptoms will be:
1. device boots into ROM
2. displays "preparing storage"
3. may make it into ROM, black screen, status bar visible with no signal
4. may make it into ROM, EMEI unknown, storage size unknown, baseband unknown
5. device reboots on its own

in stock recovery, you will get this when trying to format the sdcad
E: Can't open /data/data/cwtemp/cwpkg.zip
E: Can't open /data/data/cwtemp/cw.prop
E: Can't open /data/cwpkg.zip
E: Can't open /data/cw.prop
E: Can't open /data/cw.crc
E: Can't open /cache/cwpkg.zip
E: Can't open /cache/cw.prop
E: Can't open /cache/cw.crc
E: Can't open /cache/cw_old.prop
E: Can't open /cache/cw_old.crc

What I have managed to figure out so far:
if you experience the above this will occur no matter the ROM, hboot, firmware, device locked or unlocked, or anything as long as device is s-Off

to recover:
flash appropriate stock RUU (http://androidruu.com/?developer=Ville)
my advice is to choose one that can be s-Off via facepalm (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155135) or moonshine (http://moonshine.io)
reboot into bootloader
WARNING: MUST BE RUU TO STOCK FIRST
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

device should work as long as you remain s-On

if you s-Off then you will experience the problems listed above

at this point I am able to use the device as long as it's s-On but if I s-Off again I get the problems listed above

I'm trying to figure out the difference between the device being s-On and s-Off

things I have tried to remedy the situation:
1. flashed 4.1 firmware
2. flashed 1.53 TMOUS stock RUU, accepted OTA updates up to 1.84
3. flashed WWE European RUU

the only thing that prevents bootlooping is s-On

any ideas?
things to try:
1. restore original partitions possibly via dd based on someone's healthy partitions

can someone with a working phone please post their recovery.fstab and storage.fstab?

# cat /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab
# mount point fstype device [device2]

/recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
/boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p34
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p36 flags=display="Internal SDcard";storage;wipeingui
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p33
/misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
/usb-otg vfat /dev/block/sda1 /dev/block/sda flags=display="USB-OTG";storage;wipeingui;removable

# cat /cache/recovery/storage.fstab

and then after you clear user data
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p34 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p34
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p35 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p35
exit
exit
adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p34
adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p35

a possible solution from @tsphan
I was having those issues too!
Including no RUUs working with S-ON, no radio for the first 5 minutes of booting, etc.

You need to get this installed: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46060809&postcount=1215
Something about our rcdata is completely messed up. Here's how I came about getting it installed with s-off.

You can probably just install the rcdata fix while S-ON and in the recovery with adb. This is probably the best idea. But I didn't try it and so I don't know. After you replace the rcdata, just follow the regular steps from the Maximus OP

I did this with S-OFF + Supercid and experiencing major crashing as typical.
Please do not copy the commands verbatim as you might be storing your files elsewhere. Learn how to use adb and fastboot and this will be simple.

1) Flash latest RUU.
2) Flash TWRP
3) Boot (it will crash and freeze on Preparing Storage)
4) Boot into Recovery
5) Goal is to now access ADB and mounting the proper /sdcard. It wasn't working until I got this working:
a) Go to Terminal in TWRP
b) Type "mount" to see a list of mounts. I saw that the data block (p35) was being mounted again in /sdcard, which should be (p36). Checking /etc/fstab shows that the /sdcard was commented out!
c) "umount /sdcard"
6) "adb devices" seemed to show up after this. But results may vary and this is one step I'm not sure about!
7) Remove the # of the "#/sdcard" in the /etc/fstab, /etc/recovery.fstab, and /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab
a) I did this by "adb pull /etc/fstab", editing it via notepad++, "adb push fstab /etc/fstab", "adb push fstab"
b) "adb pull /etc/recovery.fstab", editing it via notepad++, "adb push recovery.fstab /etc/recovery.fstab" "adb push recovery.fstab /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab"
c) Go back to TWRP's Terminal
d) "mount /sdcard", now your sdcard should be mounted and hopefully adb is working
8) We need to fix the rcdata, "adb push mmcblk0p20 /sdcard/mmcblk0p20", "adb shell"
a) I find it easier to work via the adb shell for the phone stuff.
b) In adb shell: "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p20 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20"
9) Now we need to install Maximus, you can probably use sideload
a) I chose "adb push HTC_One_S_-_MaximusHD_10.0.0.zip /sdcard/flash.zip"
b) Wait for it to complete, and then flash the rom with a wipe.
10) Follow Maximus's step to flash the firmware.zip
11) After flashing recovery again, reboot and it should boot up to Sense 5's intro screen.

12) Reboot to TWRP and reflash the rom again of course per instructions from Maximus.

Note that in bootloader, radio is now 1.20.50.05.16. I think this problem has been the culprit this entire time and flashing the rcdata seemed to have fixed it.

Last edited:

evrycard

Jun 16, 2013
at this point I am able to use the device as long as it's s-On but if I s-Off again I get the problems listed above

1. flashed 4.1 firmware

any ideas?
things to try:
1. restore original partitions possibly via dd based on someone's healthy partitions
Good job, I hope someone would come up with a solution and make this a sticky.

Last edited:

ulmcity

Feb 25, 2011
Riesbuerg
www.kockartz.com
I give up

Ich bin wieder zurück zu anderen ROMS da ich den Fehler mit den 2 GB Speicher hatte. Mir ist das ganze auch zu aufwändig... Ich hab bisjetzt ALLE Custom Roms getestet, die hier vorgestellt wurden. Mir fällt keins ein welches soviele Probleme machte wie dieses. Auch den Unterschied z.B. zum MagioRom oder Zen erkenne ich nicht auf den ersten Blick....Das Magio läuft rund und sauber.... feel like Sense5...:laugh: und auf Bluetooth muss ich halt verzichten dann, wobei es ja auch beim MaximusHD User gab bei denen das Bluetooth abgeschmiert ist.

Meine OneS is S-On und hatte nie ein Problem damit. Meine boot.im flashe ich immer separat und gut ist!

Thx

Patrick

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
I have facepalm S-OFF. I have HTC__203 CID. I ran RUU but it won't flash image. It says that is image unknown. I tried ran RUU in bootloader (fastboot) and when it is booted in OS.

What I missing?

BL4zD

Oct 19, 2010
I have facepalm S-OFF. I have HTC__203 CID. I ran RUU but it won't flash image. It says that is image unknown. I tried ran RUU in bootloader (fastboot) and when it is booted in OS.

What I missing?
Is it error 155? you need to lock the bootloader before you flash the RUU and put your phone in fastboot mode
fastboot oem lock

Reactions: helderdias91

anessie

Sep 18, 2013
Europe
I got my phone supercid, s-off, rooted and flashed the MaximusHD rom last night but it doesn't see the sdcard in the recovery menu or the phone itself.

Storage setting shows I got 14gig space but I can only access the internal storage part. Same in windows, my One S "hdd" has a size of 2gig.

Boots fine and seems to be working with sense5/android4.2.2 but I'd like to get my sdcard space back.

So what's the best thing I can do ?

I'd like to reflash the rom (or any other rom) but I can't get to the sdcard zip to load it. :confused:

Last edited:

lejohn

Sep 30, 2010
I got my phone supercid, s-off, rooted and flashed the MaximusHD rom last night but it doesn't see the sdcard in the recovery menu or the phone itself.

Storage setting shows I got 14gig space but I can only access the internal storage part. Same in windows, my One S "hdd" has a size of 2gig.

Boots fine and seems to be working with sense5/android4.2.2 but I'd like to get my sdcard space back.

So what's the best thing I can do ?

I'd like to reflash the rom (or any other rom) but I can't get to the sdcard zip to load it. :confused:

Try pushing the ROM with ADB and flash again from TWRP:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45622849#post45622849
Windows won't show a removable device, but you will be able to push the zip with ADB.
Worked for me.

Reactions: anessie

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
Here is working procedure. Tried by me... I finally can say HUH! :)

1. Change SuperCID to your ORIGINAL CID.
3. Locking Bootloader is not neccesary.
4. follow procedure on this link

5. It will take a few minutes!

6. In bootloader, you will see 2.15 HBOOT version :)

7. Factory reset storage!

8. Run RUU and wait 10-15 mins.

Now you get a full stock with S-OFF. SD card have 9.93GB and no other problems.

9. Then you can do:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img which you can download on their official site...

Flash CM or restore Backup if you backuped backup on PC (like me)...

I like sense 5 but I like and usabel and live 1s :cool:

Last edited:

tominozh

Mar 9, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 7
Maybe try this.
Get s-off with Moonshine method.
Then run JB 3.16 EU ruu.
Go back s-on.

Now you'll have phone with jb. 3.16.401.8

Get s-off using facepalm metod. ( get supercid, and then facepalm.

Then install maximusHD. ( update firmware from maximums, flash modified twrp. Enjoy sense5 with android 5.

Let us know if it worked.

Sent from my HTC One S

anessie

Sep 18, 2013
Europe
Try pushing the ROM with ADB and flash again from TWRP:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45622849#post45622849
Windows won't show a removable device, but you will be able to push the zip with ADB.
Worked for me.

Thanks for page 10 :)

I ended up doing only http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45622563&postcount=96

Device rebooted, sdcard is back and windows drive shows 11.9gig storage now.

Two noob questions:

- Why would I reflash it again like it says in the last line of the post? My storage issue seems fixed.
- Can I leave my cid 11111111 on MaximusHD rom or might an (OTA) software update give future issues? I had HTC__E11 previously.

BL4zD

Oct 19, 2010

you had problems I described in the first post with phone rebooting and not being usable? then this fixed it and is still fixed?
I tried your procedure the other day and it didn't work for me but I'll try it again.

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
you had problems I described in the first post with phone rebooting and not being usable? then this fixed it and is still fixed?
I tried your procedure the other day and it didn't work for me but I'll try it again.

I had several reboots and often losing network state. First when WIFI is active but after that it keep losing network without wifi active. It is related with deep sleep state.

After processing procedure which I described I was able to run 3.16 EU RUU and restore stock rom. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just fixed my phone after experiencing S-OFF crashes

I am no longer trying to troubleshoot this issue because I returned the unusable device to T-Mobile under the PHP terms. I am leaving these steps and findings for anyone else who wants to continue trying to resolve the issues detailed above.

Good job, I hope someone would come up with a solution and make this a sticky.

Including no RUUs working with S-ON, no radio for the first 5 minutes of booting, etc.

I figured out what to do based on this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46060809&postcount=1215

The file is located in this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46045168&postcount=1194

Something about our rcdata is completely messed up. Here's how I came about getting it installed with s-off.

You can probably just install the rcdata fix while S-ON and in the recovery with adb. This is probably the best idea. But I didn't try it and so I don't know. After you replace the rcdata, just follow the regular steps from the Maximus OP

Please do not copy the commands verbatim as you might be storing your files elsewhere. Learn how to use adb and fastboot and this will be simple.

1) Flash latest RUU.
    2) Flash TWRP
    4) Boot into Recovery
    5) Goal is to now access ADB and mounting the proper /sdcard. It wasn't working until I got this working:
    -a) Go to Terminal in TWRP
    -b) Type "mount" to see a list of mounts. I saw that the data block (p35) was being mounted again in /sdcard, which should be (p36). Checking /etc/fstab shows that the /sdcard was commented out!
    -c) "umount /sdcard"
    6) "adb devices" seemed to show up after this. But results may vary and this is one step I'm not sure about!
    7) Remove the # of the "#/sdcard" in the /etc/fstab, /etc/recovery.fstab, and /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab
    -a) I did this by "adb pull /etc/fstab", editing it via notepad++, "adb push fstab /etc/fstab", "adb push fstab"
    -b) "adb pull /etc/recovery.fstab", editing it via notepad++, "adb push recovery.fstab /etc/recovery.fstab" "adb push recovery.fstab /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab"
    -c) Go back to TWRP's Terminal
    -d) "mount /sdcard", now your sdcard should be mounted and hopefully adb is working
    8) We need to fix the rcdata, "adb push mmcblk0p20 /sdcard/mmcblk0p20", "adb shell"
    -a) I find it easier to work via the adb shell for the phone stuff.
    -b) In adb shell: "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p20 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20"
    -a) I chose "adb push HTC_One_S_-_MaximusHD_10.0.0.zip /sdcard/flash.zip"
    -b) Wait for it to complete, and then flash the rom with a wipe.
    11) After flashing recovery again, reboot and it should boot up to Sense 5's intro screen.

12) Reboot to TWRP and reflash the rom again of course per instructions from Maximus.

Note that in bootloader, radio is now 1.20.50.05.16. I think this problem has been the culprit this entire time and flashing the rcdata seemed to have fixed it.
    So it's really possible (and safe, i guess?) to flash this without the need to s-off, but there's still no information why the wifi isn't working and how to fix that. Probably it's firmware related?
    it's definitely not safe to flash this without s-Off. For one thing, if something goes wrong it won't be possible to use any RUU to roll the phone back because the hboot is updated to 2.16 (and you can't flash a lower hboot without s-Off). And for another thing, the ROM is anything but stable.

I shouldn't have started this thread because I have to send my One S back to T-mobile and they replaced it with an S2. Unfortunately I won't be around in this area of the forums anymore.

edit: just to clarify I'm not bitter about anything. flashing experimental/development software is a personal risk. I'm just clarifying that I won't be able to provide hands-on support or advice after I no longer have the device. that said, I also think warnings should always be prominantly posted and descriptive words like "stable" shouldn't be used for untested code. I've fielded numerous PM's from people who were clearly flashing the phone for the first time...some of whom had just bought their devices.

1. Change SuperCID to your ORIGINAL CID.
    3. Locking Bootloader is not neccesary.
    4. follow procedure on this link

5. It will take a few minutes!

6. In bootloader, you will see 2.15 HBOOT version :)

7. Factory reset storage!

8. Run RUU and wait 10-15 mins.

9. Then you can do:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img which you can download on their official site...

This thread is for general discussion related to MaximusHD ROM.

All troubleshooting issues have been moved to post #2
    For those of us who damaged our devices trying to flash this ROM, I am trying to work with others to figure out how to get us back to stock.

The main concerning symptoms will be:
    1. device boots into ROM
    2. displays "preparing storage"
    3. may make it into ROM, black screen, status bar visible with no signal
    4. may make it into ROM, EMEI unknown, storage size unknown, baseband unknown
    5. device reboots on its own

in stock recovery, you will get this when trying to format the sdcad
    E: Can't open /data/data/cwtemp/cwpkg.zip
    E: Can't open /data/data/cwtemp/cw.prop
    E: Can't open /data/cwpkg.zip
    E: Can't open /data/cw.prop
    E: Can't open /data/cw.crc
    E: Can't open /cache/cwpkg.zip
    E: Can't open /cache/cw.prop
    E: Can't open /cache/cw.crc
    E: Can't open /cache/cw_old.prop
    E: Can't open /cache/cw_old.crc

What I have managed to figure out so far:
    if you experience the above this will occur no matter the ROM, hboot, firmware, device locked or unlocked, or anything as long as device is s-Off

to recover:
    flash appropriate stock RUU (http://androidruu.com/?developer=Ville)
    my advice is to choose one that can be s-Off via facepalm (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155135) or moonshine (http://moonshine.io)
    reboot into bootloader
    WARNING: MUST BE RUU TO STOCK FIRST
    fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

device should work as long as you remain s-On

if you s-Off then you will experience the problems listed above

1. flashed 4.1 firmware

any ideas?
    things to try:

can someone with a working phone please post their recovery.fstab and storage.fstab?

# cat /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab
    # mount point fstype device [device2]

/recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
    /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
    /cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p34
    /data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
    /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p36 flags=display="Internal SDcard";storage;wipeingui
    /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p33
    /misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
    /usb-otg vfat /dev/block/sda1 /dev/block/sda flags=display="USB-OTG";storage;wipeingui;removable

# cat /cache/recovery/storage.fstab

and then after you clear user data
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p34 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p34
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p35 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p35
    exit
    exit
    adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p34
    adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p35

a possible solution from @tsphan

You need to get this installed: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46060809&postcount=1215

1) Flash latest RUU.
    2) Flash TWRP
    4) Boot into Recovery
    a) Go to Terminal in TWRP
    b) Type "mount" to see a list of mounts. I saw that the data block (p35) was being mounted again in /sdcard, which should be (p36). Checking /etc/fstab shows that the /sdcard was commented out!
    c) "umount /sdcard"
    a) I did this by "adb pull /etc/fstab", editing it via notepad++, "adb push fstab /etc/fstab", "adb push fstab"
    b) "adb pull /etc/recovery.fstab", editing it via notepad++, "adb push recovery.fstab /etc/recovery.fstab" "adb push recovery.fstab /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab"
    c) Go back to TWRP's Terminal
    d) "mount /sdcard", now your sdcard should be mounted and hopefully adb is working
    a) I find it easier to work via the adb shell for the phone stuff.
    b) In adb shell: "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p20 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20"
    a) I chose "adb push HTC_One_S_-_MaximusHD_10.0.0.zip /sdcard/flash.zip"
    b) Wait for it to complete, and then flash the rom with a wipe.