The official Samsung S5 charging accessories (including wireless options)

Search This thread
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-G900AZKAATT-accessories

This is specific to our AT&T model, though i'm sure they are universal across all S5 models. Filter on the left side for the chargers.

Wireless Charging Pad mini $39.99

Wireless Charging Pad $59.99

Galaxy S 5 Spare Battery Charging System $49.99

Galaxy S 5 Wireless Charging Cover, White $29.99 (Also available in Black it says)

Most important thing of course we ALL want to know with these Qi-charging covers are: "The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile. In addition, Samsung has incorporated sealing rubber into the battery cover to retain the Galaxy S 5’s water resistance."

Please sticky this at least for the first quarter as it is a list of the Official products. :cool:

cloudraker

Dec 2, 2011
Lafayette, In
Google Pixel 6 Pro
"The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile. In addition, Samsung has incorporated sealing rubber into the battery cover to retain the Galaxy S 5’s water resistance."

Please sticky this at least for the first quarter as it is a list of the Official products. :cool:

Im hoping this little line in their description means that the wireless back wont add too much to the phone to prevent the use of normal cases.

tarpon6

Jan 22, 2011
Cape Coral
We need to know if it adds bulk and if standard cases can be used. I have a QI charging pad that I use with an insert in my S3. I'm guessing my charging pad will work with this back?

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Im hoping this little line in their description means that the wireless back wont add too much to the phone to prevent the use of normal cases.

We need to know if it adds bulk and if standard cases can be used. I have a QI charging pad that I use with an insert in my S3. I'm guessing my charging pad will work with this back?

yes that is the big question

based on history, they will be thicker impeding normal cases

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
Wonder if they will have any price drops or a coupon code to score these cheaper. I might have to go w/the insert if the covers add bulk.

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
only problem with that is it the gasket to seal the battery from water might be loose....

Damn, didn't think of that. I hope some company takes that into consideration. Sammy should have made wireless charging standard on this phone but it looks like they want to make more off of accessories.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Damn, didn't think of that. I hope some company takes that into consideration. Sammy should have made wireless charging standard on this phone but it looks like they want to make more off of accessories.

Yep. Another money making ploy. If the nexus 7 can do it, Samsung could certainly do it.

Problem is, even the thinnest wireless adapter creates somewhat of a bulge, which could ruin the water resistant seal

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Yep. Another money making ploy. If the nexus 7 can do it, Samsung could certainly do it.

Problem is, even the thinnest wireless adapter creates somewhat of a bulge, which could ruin the water resistant seal

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

If samsung starts making them standard out of the box, then it's standard size and any case will fit, even the water resistant seal.

so there won't be people asking questions, will this bulge or will this case fit as with the S3, S4, note 2 and note 3. but as usual it will never happen with samsung at present, may be in the near future.

Acaibowl

Oct 2, 2013
Seattle
Like the Note 3, with the wireless charger you won't see the bump where the camera lens are. It will be flat which is a good thing for me.

ewokuk

Oct 26, 2011
am I missing something here or have people simply not read the description?

"The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile."

Strychtnine

Aug 2, 2013
Naperville, IL
words matter

The problem is that "original style and slim profile" is inexact and open to interpretation. Proper wording would be helpful. Something like "original style and exact form factor" or "identical physical specification" or even ""will not affect fitment with standard phone cases"....words matter.

Airax

Feb 7, 2005
Any one want to put money the wireless charging case will be thicker? There has to be some extra depth to accommodate the charging coil. On the standard back I can't see Samsung deliberately make back thick so it lines up with the wireless one.

ponts

Dec 3, 2010
Any one want to put money the wireless charging case will be thicker? There has to be some extra depth to accommodate the charging coil. On the standard back I can't see Samsung deliberately make back thick so it lines up with the wireless one.

I agree 100%.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-G900AZKAATT-accessories

This is specific to our AT&T model, though i'm sure they are universal across all S5 models. Filter on the left side for the chargers.

Wireless Charging Pad mini $39.99

Wireless Charging Pad $59.99

Galaxy S 5 Spare Battery Charging System $49.99

Galaxy S 5 Wireless Charging Cover, White $29.99 (Also available in Black it says)

Most important thing of course we ALL want to know with these Qi-charging covers are: "The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile. In addition, Samsung has incorporated sealing rubber into the battery cover to retain the Galaxy S 5’s water resistance."

I'd like to use the 50% off on the official wall charger for the S5. It's not listed yet as far as I can see. Is the Note 3 or S4 charger spec'd the same or should I just wait?

Sent from my GS5

It's the same. 2A charger with a 2A cable

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I'm still waiting for the s-view wireless charging flip cover. All the stores only have the non wireless ones

Dont forget that when you register your GS5, samsung will email you a code for 50% one accessory item! (Under $79 I believe my email said)

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

Mine was for under $50 in the USA

I received my Samsung wireless charging cover yesterday and confirm it adds a noticeable amount of bulk and weight to the phone. None of my cases fit with this cover on. I have tried Spigen Slim, Neo Hybrid and a genetic TPU case. I expect even bumper cases would struggle to fit with this cover on.

In case anyone wants to know, I got the white wireless charging cover on Amazon UK, and it was the last one in stock, though I suspect, from the state of the packaging, that I received one that had already been opened and used and returned. It works fine though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app