CLOSED! [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi HoneyComb Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

urani

Jul 20, 2009
Hi,
I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1/32GB wifi only USA Version, but now I am using in Europe. NOw I have problem to install apps, from Google Android Market, it shows me this error: "This item cannot be installed on your country"
So, Do I need to change the ROM file for the europe version to have full access on android market?
any solution please?

Thanks

Nov 11, 2008
can i use the files on the 1st post to root a UK Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 P7510 wifi Only?

please let me know.

S

S0ckM0nk3y

can i use the files on the 1st post to root a UK Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 P7510 wifi Only?

please let me know.

I'm not sure if u can as I've never tried. When it comes to different regions of the tab it gets tricky. Feel free to try and report back but I nor any member of ACS or XDA is responsible if something happens :). For stock firmware for your region in case something goes wrong check Google :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

marjoejoejoe

Apr 5, 2011
Taipei
Thanks for your efforts with writing this tutorial but there seems to be a glitch with CWM that maybe you could update the OP with and that is that some of our devices do not like some versions of CWM, v5.0.2.7 and v4.0.0.4 both ended up with a fast rolling screen in Recovery but ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar from here http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=8 was successful although I'm not sure of the differences between them are but I have noticed that some of our members here have v5.5.0.4 listed in there specs that is why I thought I would try it out.

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager shows this to be for the following devices.

Asus Transformer
Google Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)

My Specs
TELUS GT-P7510/16GB/WIFI free with bundle deal.
SKU: GTP7510UWR
SW-VER: VLKL2
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3se.infra@SEP-77 #1
Build Number: HTJ85B.VLKL2 P7510VLKL2

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Shoot... I am sorry the original post clearly states "USA Retail WiFi Only". Delete my posts if you need to or leave it for my shame. LOL

Unless USA and Canadian models are the same.

i can confirm we are having the same problems....

mine was bought in taipei, taiwan...

havign those rolling screen problems...

it was removed by flashing to stock US wifi tab 10.1 firmware.....everything works fine, even flashing CWM 5.5.0.4 no problems at all..

however, when i install custom rom (havent tried other except task 14) ....i get screen off/on problems...screen will turn off and never go on again unless i reboot, and whenever screen sleeps the problems persists

before doing this i have already tried, flashing the CWM from overcome, and rolling was gone, successful flash of Task ROM as well without any screen problems...

from here if you want to use pershoots kernel, you ll have to stick with the screen roll problem at boot, to be fixed by a screen/off....after that problem is gone.......problem is , i dont want that rolling evertime i have a fresh boot....

i reflashed taiwan official rom, installed pershoot CWM...i have the same rolling of CWM again...

so reflashed OVercome CWM and reflashed Task 14...everything seems fine..

so i can confirm, for us unlucky ones with a non US (maybe asia?) tab 10.1 wifi, we will be limited to what we can flash..

tinybird

Apr 18, 2009

Now for the UNROOTING PROCESS!!

Select the PDA Button and then select the P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar file

Hi, I have P7500D (Telus 4G). If I need to unroot it, can I still using above file (P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar)? I assume I should find stock rom from Telus 4G, am I right? if so, where can I download original P7500D stock rom from Telus (4G)?

UKseagull

Apr 28, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Many thanks for the guide! :good:

Just a question, does the Tab have some sort of counter that records the number of times that roms are flashed? I seem to recall seeing that somewhere. Is there a way to zero the counter if there is one?

wallac3

Nov 6, 2010
Miami
HI guys, very nice tutorial, but I have a little problem....

I am here: With the Tablet off boot into Recovery Mode

When it enters the Recovery Mode, the screen jumps very fast and it is impossible to see the text or stop it.

So i cant continue to the next step, what can i do please?

thanks a lot.

Edit:

found the solution here

Thanx a lot

Last edited:

wintablet

Apr 25, 2011
I am trying to return to stock fw.

When my SGT is ON and connected to PC , the PC sees it as internal storage. However when I go to recovery-downloading mode and start ODIN, ODIN doesn't detect it.

What's the problem?

kamgrn

Dec 26, 2010
Root 4.0.4 ICS OTA Update

I unrooted so i could get the official 4.0.4 ICS OTA update - which i recieved yesterday. Will this root process work with this update?

M@ttyD

Apr 7, 2011
Can anyone point me where to get these files as the OP's link is not working, thanks.

recovery.tar.md5 (CWM 5.5.0.4)

P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar

Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
Can anyone point me where to get these files as the OP's link is not working, thanks.

recovery.tar.md5 (CWM 5.5.0.4)

P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar

Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip
Seriously. It's been like this for FAR TOO LONG.

Nobody seems to give the slightest ****, either. Way to go, fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working link????

Can someone please repost the link as it does not work anymore or does anyone know of another link/thread that they have found to work? Really wanting to root my tablet!!!!! Thank you in advance.
    Ok I've tried both rooting guides and running into an issue I've not had before rooting my phones, I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the other post. I put my new tablet in download mode and start Odin and plug it in. If it recognizes and I select the recovery file and start it. I it connects and starts loading the image and after 30secs or so my laptop bluescreens with a drv_ira something error and reboots. I I've tried reinstalling drivers as administration, and run Odin as administration, and turn off firewall and av, and it still does the same thing. I does anyone have any ideas as what might be wrong or what should try? I had to head back to work so figured I would ask for when get home. This has never happened with any phone I've done. I appreciate any help.
    Zug

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Edit: ok got home and re did some work. I found a video and went off of that.. just as some advice (that wasn't listed in writing) I had to uncheck the f-reset in odin, i used a different usb port. I also used the files in a folder on the desktop like the video instead of a folder in my downloads. One of those 3 things fixed the issue and I no longer got the blue screen. So, if you run into this issue, try one of these and that should hopefully help you as well.

Zug
    Does anyone have links to the stock tar? Have lots of people looking for it

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P7510

I believe USA is region XAB, you can highlight over the regions