Review Mugen Power 3600mah battery

Search This thread

Conz

Aug 3, 2009
any news on this ?
I was thinking of getting this 3600mah battery but holding off for now .. connectivity is kinda an important thing for a mobile device ;-)

Perhaps i'll just get the 1950 if they cant fix the cover.

galaktiker

May 17, 2010
any news on this ?
I was thinking of getting this 3600mah battery but holding off for now .. connectivity is kinda an important thing for a mobile device ;-)

Perhaps i'll just get the 1950 if they cant fix the cover.

No news. You will lose wifi or/and 3G signal strength if you use mugen cover. I will post this video about their cover (if I have more time to create this).

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
Anyone know why anker or any of the other companies haven't made one this big for the sensation?

konks

Apr 10, 2012
Sydney
Helped

This post helped me find a good battery for my phone, thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Thanks, great review. :)

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Wtf people? Isn't it easier and cheaper to get an Anker and chuck it in the pocket? 10x times cheaper, original back, no WiFi problems.

I seriously don't get anyone who would pay that much money for this POS.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

lekhi123

Mar 9, 2012
Summarizing

I read whole thread full of 5 pages and comes to the conclusion, --- if you want GSM/3G signals + WIFI then Mugen has to improve the back cover, otherwise i think other extended batteries will do.

I mean if i am paying $90 for a product i atleast want peace of mind not POS.

P.S. -- i am not thrilled to see the back cover either but i think that can be substituted if signals comes in properly.

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
I have a mugen 3600 battery and my signal works perfectly along with my navigation which I use often!! I have no problems at all! I had read about others having trouble so I was concerned but now after I OWN the battery and cover I see it functions PERFECTLY! I highly recommend this battery! NO trouble AT ALL with 4g signal! NO PROBLEMS At ALL! This is by far the BEST battery I've ever used! Perhaps you have a faulty cover, I'd ask for a replacement . Because I know my cover functions PERFECTLY! Maybe they can send a new one.. you must have just gotten a bad cover! All I know is my mugen battery and cover have been awesome and I'll never go to anything but mugen again. When I read about the cover being bad I figured I'd try it out for myself and I'm glad I did. I just used my navigation for a four hour trip without ANY problems and as I write this I'm on my 4g signal strong as ever. So I'm not understanding the stuff about how the back cover interferes with signal? That had NOT been my experience at ALL ! Mine works like a charm, matter of fact I wish I got my mugen sooner because it's proven to be nothing but AWESOME! I'm glad I took the chance after reading about the cover because for me that stuff is completely incorrect. Not a single problem here. I'm a happy customer! Still have a strong 4g signal, use my navigation daily, use my WiFi without problems and enjoy the benefits of A extended battery. It's worth every penny! Best battery I've ever used!
My back cover functions PERFECTLY!
sent from HTC sensation, soff, 3.33 firmware, viper Rom, sense 4.1, mugen battery. please press thanks if I helped in anyway. :)

Last edited:

galaktiker

May 17, 2010
Did they really improved the battery? Or they improved only marketing at forum? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

jt131

Sep 16, 2008
Paros
If you decide to go for this, use Coupon Code "MUGENRULEZ" at checkout. Drops the price by 7% for you...

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
The battery rocks also fyi: they created a new back cover that gets better signal, WiFi, etc. They send it FREE to those who have signal issues! I have the 3600 and its no joke! Great battery! Highly recommend it!

sent from HTC sensation, soff, 3.33 firmware, viper Rom, sense 4.1, mugen battery. please press thanks if I helped in anyway. :)

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
No "marketing" here, I got nothing to do with mugen. Just giving my experience with the battery. If it was bad experience I'd say it was bad, but it's been a positive experience, that don't mean I'm some kind of marketing person! LoL! Really! I just call it like it is and so far battery has been Amazing! Liked it so much I ordered a second one a little bigger for long trips or to have a spare. I did not however like the mugen 1900 battery. It didn't have enough juice for me and was not much better than stock in my opinion. But the big boy at 3600mah has really proven great!

lekhi123

Mar 9, 2012
Mugen Battery for HTC Sensation -- Not Good !!!

Hi All,

By no means i am writing to set the negative publicity..

Its almost a year for me using mugen 3800 mAh battery. In starting days phone was awesome and i really tried some good new ROMS available @ XDA. However moment 3-4 month period gone, phone started to lag a bit and before i can realize whats happening, every time charging of phone was getting heat-up.. Battery temperature was almost getting as high as 52 C. (45 C was normal). I use my phone generally for exchange mails + little facebook+ one-two games (Hill Climb Racing+temple run)

Anyways i wrote to mugen guys that i want to return battery as covers breaking frequently and i suspect battery has damaged the phone, To this they agreed however I cannot ship back ( i tried my level best with all courier companies and local speed post- Please suggest if i can, living place India, New Delhi).

Now since almost two months i am using the old battery to which phone is running awesome, but yes less power means lesser time, so have to roam with charger.. Below is the list of ROMs i used and yes Mugen guys did send me battery covers as they are always breaking due to now wear and tear almost 2-3 months each...

Currently -- XenonHD 4.2.2
SLimBean - JB 4.2.2
CM 10.1 -RC5 by albinoman887
Team venom with sense 4.o ICS version
ICS by Mike1986

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone ! I recently got an extended battery for my Sensation for around $90 as it was much needed to meet my usage !
    I thought I would share the feedback with you guys !

Mugen Power is a 3rd party battery manufacturer, and is known for it's "extended" batteries. If you’re an owner of a high end Android phone you too are probably facing a very poor power backup with the stock batteries and that’s where extended batteries come into play.

Basically, Mugen promises something near double battery life with this extended battery life, let's see how this extended battery fairs.

Unboxing

This battery comes in a very small, compact and simple backing - it has a leaflet with the instructions and standard warnings, a back door and the extended battery itself.

Look and Feel

We already know the HTC Sensation is not a very thin device in itself, and by adding the Mugenextended battery and the battery door, it does get noticibly thick - but for double battery life which it promises, the thickness can be bared - at least for me !

One would think that this battery adds a significant ammount of weight to the phone, but on the contrary it does not add any weight which can be significantly felt.

It's also nice to know that the backdoor cover fits perfectly on to the Sensation, and the feel of the replacement cover is not different from the stock one

However, with the extended battery users with small hands will find it a little difficult to hold on the phone for long durations at a go, rest shall be fine.

Performance

The li-ion extended battery which we were provided was rated at 3600mAh which is more than double of the stock battery on the HTC Sensation which is 1560mAh, so was the battery life also double ? Let's find out.

I have been using the HTC Sensation for almost 2 months now and with moderate usage, casual browsing, push email and constant interactions along with a lot of IM and calls, it did last me around 11 hours or so with moderate usage.

But on days when I had heavy usage, with constant data transfers on wi-fi or 3G along with lot of media playback, games, calls and IM - going beynod 8 hours was a tough task for the Sensation.

Now I did spend a nine days on the Sensation with the Mugen Power extended battery, and yes, it works ! And works pretty well following are the figures :

Heavy Usage : 2 days
    Moderate Usage : 3 days
    Light usage : 5 days

Now let me describe my usage, my heavy I mean constant connectivity either via 3G or wi-fi, 5 email accounts with push email and mails coming in every hour or so on all 5, constant IM i.e. Google talk and Facebook chat, off and on internet browsing, around 40 pictures shot, around 3 hours of voice call, lots of media playback (songs) and even video streaming.

My moderate usage I mean, data connectivity on 2G and wi-fi, push email, selective IM, and 2-3 hours of voice call, with causal browsing and media playback.

Light usage is more like a few texts, some casual browsing and a few calls in a day, with hardly any data usage - more like constant standby.

Conclusion

The Mugen battery is a very good buy and lives up to it's promise of increased power backup. It is a must have for hardcore users and the people who travel a lot, regardless of their usage patterns.

One would however have to bare the slight increase in the thickness of the phone, but amazing amount of backup one gets is well worth it.
    But, if you are a light user, and mostly have the phone on standby with a few calls a day, Mugen Power is not for you.

Also note that the HTC Sensation has been known for the "Death grip" issues - but don\t worry the added thickness or the replacement door on the Mugen extended battery does not affect the signal receiving capabilities of the HTC Sensation.

Overall, the battery lives up to the promise of double battery life and has left me much more mobile fearless about the phone battery finishing suddenly !
    Hello guys. As I promised I'm sharing my experience again. Now I'm using the third (3rd!!!!) cover for my HTC Sensation with mugen 3600 battery inside. First 2 just didn't support wifi (see my last messages).

Now the situation is better. They improved wifi-signal quality. Though it's still 60%-70% of wifi signal with original cover. But these silly people worsen the GSM (or 3g/h) signal quality. Below are 2 screenshots. One with original cover and one with the latest mugen cover (in the same room).

What's next? We have a company that lies constantly and is not able to produce a normal cover. May be it's possible to improve back cover by ourselves?

Product placement

Wow, the OP sounds like a product placement or marketing. It is nothing personal but I read so much comments on Mugen...that it sounds like a rip off.

For my taste your posting sounds a bit too perfect. Like loose 20 kg in just 2 weeks.

I got an Anker 1900 mh and it is perfect. 5 to 6 hours with navigation or 24 hours with moderate to heavy usage...on sense 3.5 - stock kernel. What else do you want....I mean you are not awake for 24 hours...every day...are you?

Just my 5 cents.
    Guys, just look at this. This is what I get with mugen
    4f795448-01ac-3e44.jpg

I simply don't buy cheap stuff. Thank you.
    Anyone know why anker or any of the other companies haven't made one this big for the sensation?

Because they look stupid, the build quality is never as good as the standard back cover, and it's easier (and cheaper) to have 3 Anker batteries, one in your phone, one in your pocket and one in the wall charger.