Greenify now working without ROOT!

Search This thread

rpcherrera

May 25, 2013

rpcherrera

May 25, 2013
Seems like I still can't hibernate some apps. I can't get it to work.

Sent from my C6903

ahomad

Jul 11, 2011
Automatic hibernation, automatically hibernate apps that you manually set to hibernate?

automatically hibernate what I already manually hibernated? I am sure that there is something missing

or do you mean that it will re-hibernate the apps after opening them or restarting the device?

rpcherrera

May 25, 2013
automatically hibernate what I already manually hibernated? I am sure that there is something missing

or do you mean that it will re-hibernate the apps after opening them or restarting the device?

Yes, it will re-hibernate the apps after opening or after using them. BUT auto-hibernation doesn't work with non-rooted phones.

Still waiting for the v2.00

MSK1

Nov 15, 2012
Huawei Mate 20 X
Only useful to stop battery drain if you know u will be without a charger four a long number of hours.

Otherwise more hassle than its worth.

What does the paid version give you? And is it worth it.

rpcherrera

May 25, 2013
Totally unusable without rooting.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Mine is working and my Z1 is not rooted, it just ask to force stop the application first, then it will hibernate the app. Check it again.

Only useful to stop battery drain if you know u will be without a charger four a long number of hours.

Otherwise more hassle than its worth.

What does the paid version give you? And is it worth it.

Well, if you have any unwanted apps that runs on the background and eats the juice of your battery, greenify will put them to sleep. :cool:

MSK1

Nov 15, 2012
Huawei Mate 20 X
Well, if you have any unwanted apps that runs on the background and eats the juice of your battery, greenify will put them to sleep. :cool:

My point is that it's more hassle to do all the force closing than recharging more frequently.

The only time it's really helpful is if u will be without a charger for a really really long time and you have no choice but to slow down battery drain.

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
I have root and Paid Greenify, my Battery is amazing and Paid Version adds nice Features.

MSK1

Nov 15, 2012
Huawei Mate 20 X
Best app for saving battery

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Once all apps are force closed by the app... The drain is almost zero.

Beautyspin

Apr 8, 2011
Hyderabad
www.techgadgettalk.com
There is an option to automate it

My point is that it's more hassle to do all the force closing than recharging more frequently.

The only time it's really helpful is if u will be without a charger for a really really long time and you have no choice but to slow down battery drain.

There is an option to automate it (for non rooted). You still have to select the "hibernate now" manually but it will then automatically force close all the apps selected by you for greenifying..I have had this since about 3 months or so. It works only on my Xperia Z1 but not on my Galaxy Tab (GT-P3113) (which is on 4.2.2)

Reactions: lukegewing

MSK1

Nov 15, 2012
Huawei Mate 20 X
There is an option to automate it (for non rooted). You still have to select the "hibernate now" manually but it will then automatically force close all the apps selected by you for greenifying..I have had this since about 3 months or so. It works only on my Xperia Z1 but not on my Galaxy Tab (GT-P3113) (which is on 4.2.2)

Yes.

I use it frequently now.

That's a pretty useful add-on. It's turned a useless app into a useful one.

Reactions: lukegewing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As quoted on their v2.0 update,

What's New
    v2.0 (rolling out)
    Greenify now works on non-root devices! Try out the non-root working mode (without automatic hibernation due to privilege restriction).
    Shortcut "Hibernate All" can now be created also from main menu in Greenify.
    Greatly improved the stability of auto-hibernation service, especially on Android 4.4+.
    Bugfixes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify
    There is an option to automate it

Yes.

I use it frequently now.

That's a pretty useful add-on. It's turned a useless app into a useful one.