[DER KERNEL] NS+4G Trinity (E)UV and OC ICS + JB roms

Search This thread

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
It's DoW if you owned a Vibrant before, Trinity is the name in its passport though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files and source:

www . Der Kernel . com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICS:

• Voodoo Sound V10 (Thanks supercurio)
  • Trinity Spice (based on voodoo color V1 by supercurio)
  • BLN (Backlight notification) (Big Thanks Neldar)
  • Backlight dimmer by Ezekeel
  • Based on Samsung git source.
  • Safeboot to lower clock, higher need a tool like setcpu or no-frills CPU control
  • New Trinity bootanimation by @rascarlo
  • TUN module (Tunneling/VPN support)
  • CIFS module (Samba support)
  • EXT4 tweaks
  • Most lean build achievable.
  • Not a rebooter.

JB: WIP

For CM, to use this kernel flash the CM Black Screen Fix (Thanks JackpotClavin and lurtis)

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting​

When "Just Flash It" didn't work:

• Flash rom.
  • Flash kernel.
  • Power off.
  • Pull battery for 2 minutes.
  • Put battery back
  • Now boot phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPS woes? Try this .apk, worked wonders on GB.

Endursa shared this GL fixing link. Follow it, see 65fps on Quadrant planet like it was meant to be.

T for Trinity
UV for undervolt (you would want to uninstall setcpu like apps and just run it)
EUV represents a 880MHz top speed power savings kernel, snappy still? You Bet'cha!
144 for 1.44GHz (I will rethink this when the 10GHz phones hit the market)
-Any means it uses Koush's anykernel scripting to install trinity using the original ramdisk, making it possible to use it on m(any) roms w/o needing a special version.
(X)A new kernel just born by my slacker hands, feel free to use it, we think it's good even if it was eXperimental just moments ago. (X) comes off when we feel it's a daily driver.

Last edited:

dario3040

Feb 9, 2010
Oslo
Hmmm, interesting :3
I'll test it right now

edit: Freeze after playing games or using the 3d drawer

Last edited:

dario3040

Feb 9, 2010
Oslo
Launcher Pro? Or do you mean adw's 4D?

Sent from my Nexus S

Google's stock android 2.2/2.3 launcher.
screen

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Yea I will say this is the fastest kernel I have ever used, scored averaging 3700, best being almost 4000...Solid work morfic.

Thanks for some positive feedback.
This is the longest tested of all kernels I built.
Simms22 is not much of a tester, his phone runs about any crazy oc and uv I throw at it, so I added time to testing it :)

Unfortunately no oc kernel will ever run stable on all phones, if they did, samsung would charge us for that.

Sent from my Nexus S

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Simms22 is not much of a tester, his phone runs about any crazy oc and uv I throw at it, so I added time to testing it :)

Unfortunately no oc kernel will ever run stable on all phones, if they did, samsung would charge us for that.

Sent from my Nexus S

Unfortunately not stable on my device. Ran a couple of quadrants (4015) but froze during smartbench. :(

adewey234

Apr 10, 2007
Phoenix
www.myspace.com

Sent from my Nexus S

Naw it runs 100% on full OC 1440. I only have issues with radio occassionally, but thats because i cant make up my mind which is better, KB1 or KB3. But yea, mos def a daily driver. Ive drained my battery in 1/3 of the time i usually do, playing with my phone so much. Much appreciated sir, if you need more experienced feedback, let me know, I've done some work with android, just dont have the time as of late, but logcats etc are easy and not that taxing on my time ;)

Reactions: Bajo76

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

except for that damned 1.7ghz kernel. one of these days..

Unfortunately not stable on my device. Ran a couple of quadrants (4015) but froze during smartbench. :(

the phone commited murphacide :eek:

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Naw it runs 100% on full OC 1440. I only have issues with radio occassionally, but thats because i cant make up my mind which is better, KB1 or KB3. But yea, mos def a daily driver. Ive drained my battery in 1/3 of the time i usually do, playing with my phone so much. Much appreciated sir, if you need more experienced feedback, let me know, I've done some work with android, just dont have the time as of late, but logcats etc are easy and not that taxing on my time ;)

i used(on uv now, will use again) this kernel, as a daily driver, longer than any other. it definitely deserves respect. btw, i use KB1, and also had a hard time decided which radio i liked best :)

liquelt

Jan 5, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
How can you guys get almost 4000 in quadrant scores.
The maximum I got w/ this kernel was 3100, for me the phone is reallly fast but if you have more I want this more that I don't have.
Thanks,

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
How can you guys get almost 4000 in quadrant scores.
The maximum I got w/ this kernel was 3100, for me the phone is reallly fast but if you have more I want this more that I don't have.
Thanks,

set your cpu to 1440/1440, then test 4 times in a row. the 1st is always much lower then the rest. the 3rd or 4th test should be more accurate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's DoW if you owned a Vibrant before, Trinity is the name in its passport though.

Files and source:

www . Der Kernel . com

ICS:

• Voodoo Sound V10 (Thanks supercurio)
    • Trinity Spice (based on voodoo color V1 by supercurio)
    • BLN (Backlight notification) (Big Thanks Neldar)
    • Backlight dimmer by Ezekeel
    • Based on Samsung git source.
    • Safeboot to lower clock, higher need a tool like setcpu or no-frills CPU control
    • New Trinity bootanimation by @rascarlo
    • TUN module (Tunneling/VPN support)
    • CIFS module (Samba support)
    • EXT4 tweaks
    • Most lean build achievable.
    • Not a rebooter.

JB: WIP

For CM, to use this kernel flash the CM Black Screen Fix (Thanks JackpotClavin and lurtis)

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting​

When "Just Flash It" didn't work:

• Flash rom.
    • Flash kernel.
    • Power off.
    • Pull battery for 2 minutes.
    • Put battery back
    • Now boot phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPS woes? Try this .apk, worked wonders on GB.

Endursa shared this GL fixing link. Follow it, see 65fps on Quadrant planet like it was meant to be.

T for Trinity
    UV for undervolt (you would want to uninstall setcpu like apps and just run it)
    EUV represents a 880MHz top speed power savings kernel, snappy still? You Bet'cha!
    144 for 1.44GHz (I will rethink this when the 10GHz phones hit the market)
    -Any means it uses Koush's anykernel scripting to install trinity using the original ramdisk, making it possible to use it on m(any) roms w/o needing a special version.
    (X)A new kernel just born by my slacker hands, feel free to use it, we think it's good even if it was eXperimental just moments ago. (X) comes off when we feel it's a daily driver.
    I'm sorry but i won't build crespo anymore because of aosp.
    Also, I never had this device, I was building for it because of Simms and another friend.
    Thank you guys for everything.
    It's always sad to drop a nexus.
    Peace out
    I assume I need to write something.. ras cream sandwich is something that I've built for myself, Mr Morfic, and doctor Semeon. I also write Android apps, some are on the market, some only on my phones, and some on my eclipse. While building, I've always shared my builds with Semeon and Daniel because they are my best Android friends, and they help me with their warm support. Once the build went public, few haters really pissed me off and that really burnt. So I decided to pull the build and share it only with a few people. I was probably wrong because this is a community. And as a community, we should share. Different roms share many things because the os is the same, but the core can be really different. The ui might look very similar between different roms but this should not let people believe I've kanged someone else work. Morfic and Semeon can tell you about my daily progress. So I'm thinking about sharing the build with you again. I won't create a new thread because I don't care about developer flags or such, or stupid questions from one click root tools users. This is a thread of "advanced" users which share the same love for Daniels Trinity kernels. Next build will be up here in the next few days. Only few language packages, or even only en US/en GB, will be built in. I'm currently focusing on my launcher project. Which will be built in.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Thanks Semeon and Daniel
    new build of rasbeanjelly is up
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=rasbeanjelly&device=crespo

### Changelog
    - Expand Desktop in Power Menu
    - CircleBattery: Revamped charging animation
    - Update Calendar
    - Update Google Play Service

brainmaster will take care of your init.d
    thank you sir, as always
    i like this

IJbEk.png

Circle Battery implementation
    - Done 100% in pure code, wont blow up the framework with countless png resources
    - View can be shown with or without percentage as text inside
    - Indicator turns holo-red below 15%.

so this is pure code, no extra png files.
    this means it won't ask for more resources. it is just a call for the android system how to display the battery. same as percentage now.
    what do you think?