[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [vs980]

Search This thread

philsfan

Mar 10, 2010
What build are you running? Also, can you go into Hangouts settings... at the bottom is Configure APN... if you go in there, do you see any APN's setup?

I actually don't have a Configure APN in my hangouts settings...

When you guys go into your hangouts settings, are your phone numbers confirmed with your account(s)? Maybe that is the issue...?

Edit: running 3/10 nightly

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

simpsonr

Oct 14, 2010
I actually don't have a Configure APN in my hangouts settings...

When you guys go into your hangouts settings, are your phone numbers confirmed with your account(s)? Maybe that is the issue...?

Edit: running 3/10 nightly

Ah, great. I just went in and "confirmed" my phone number in Hangouts and my MMS is now working! Thanks man.

rmd0311

Aug 31, 2010
Finally decided to give this a whirl yesterday, since it was near perfection on my Toro device.

The ROM was flawless until this morning when I went to connect to my cars BT, I have had issues with all AOSP rom's and bluetooth, but mainly just with the metadata...

With this ROM, it seems to connect just fine. Then when it asks for additional access on the phone for my contacts and such,, BT takes a dump and goes in shutdown/startup, shutdown/startup...

Honestly, I then tried to unpair the device and re-add again without saying yes to contacts and such, it froze completely both times...

Could not attach one of the files, so here they are from my dropbox...

The One with the Force Quits:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6994221/Forums/Android/BT_ForceQuit_2-2014-03-14-08-32-41.txt

The One with the Freeze on Pair
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6994221/Forums/Android/BT_FreezesOnPair_2014-03-14-08-34-48.txt

The One with the Freeze on Pair Part 2
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6994221/Forums/Android/BT_FreezesOnPair_Part2_2014-03-06-08-38-03.txt

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX
Finally decided to give this a whirl yesterday, since it was near perfection on my Toro device.

The ROM was flawless until this morning when I went to connect to my cars BT, I have had issues with all AOSP rom's and bluetooth, but mainly just with the metadata...

With this ROM, it seems to connect just fine. Then when it asks for additional access on the phone for my contacts and such,, BT takes a dump and goes in shutdown/startup, shutdown/startup...

Honestly, I then tried to unpair the device and re-add again without saying yes to contacts and such, it froze completely both times...

Could not attach one of the files, so here they are from my dropbox...

The One with the Force Quits:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6994221/Forums/Android/BT_ForceQuit_2-2014-03-14-08-32-41.txt

The One with the Freeze on Pair
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6994221/Forums/Android/BT_FreezesOnPair_2014-03-14-08-34-48.txt

The One with the Freeze on Pair Part 2
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...T_FreezesOnPair_Part2_2014-03-06-08-38-03.txt

Not to diss XDA or this thread in anyway but if you have access to G+ the carbon ROM group has a maintainer on pretty much all the time. They do a great job of answering most questions and there's a pretty good chance they can forward these logcat's to the device maintainer.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

thewihlygeek

Sep 30, 2013
Antelope
If you use EvolveSMS, you can pick the Verizon MMS APN from the default and then MMS works. I couldn't get MMS to work with Hangouts (even with confirmed number), stock, or Hover (formally Ninja). I even tried to manually add the APN info in Hover and it wouldn't stick. Looks like I'm using Evolve for a while.

seang

Sep 3, 2007
Right, specifically the bugs in this area are: MMS not working properly, "No APN specified" error with no way to actually specify or configure an APN, data handoff from 4g/lte to 3g is borked (as long as you stay on lte you are fine, but if you drop down to 3g, it thinks you are roaming and turns off data). This all for the VZW G2 only... vs980.

i see both of these issues as well.

Y

Yoinx

If you use EvolveSMS, you can pick the Verizon MMS APN from the default and then MMS works. I couldn't get MMS to work with Hangouts (even with confirmed number), stock, or Hover (formally Ninja). I even tried to manually add the APN info in Hover and it wouldn't stick. Looks like I'm using Evolve for a while.

Handcent also lets you configure your mms carrier in it's settings

tpayne2345

Sep 27, 2011
Any builds lately that are as good/stable as 2/28? I've only had a few SODs since flashing and am looking to maybe upgrade if there's one comparable

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
Feb 28 build
I haven't done anything different or downloaded anything nor apps, and since yesterday I have gotten many sods. Any ideas

sent from your Mom's phone

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Stock kernel no tweaking

Y

Yoinx

anyone know if the 16th nightly has the roaming data fixed?

*edit*

nvm... mine still seems to be bugged.

philsfan

Mar 10, 2010
only problem i've had with last few builds is the 3g/roaming bug. other than that, paired with furnace 1.8, carbon running just great.

roor1337

Jan 10, 2013
Feb 28 build
I haven't done anything different or downloaded anything nor apps, and since yesterday I have gotten many sods. Any ideas

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Stock kernel no tweaking

Im running a similar set up (2.28, stock kernel) and there are some days where I get a 2-3 SODs, 2-3 in-call reboots, and some freezing/lag but the next day it goes back to running stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [vs980], ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    CarbonDev, BigShotRob22
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-04
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    Here's a new build. Did a couple kernel commits from CM. Lets see if its better then beta 2. Seems to be working really well for me.

Beta 3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8au0kp4i3im2d3/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140505-1526-vs980.zip
    Here is a new 24A build. Let me know how it does. Has all latest changes. Enjoy!

Beta 4: http://www.mediafire.com/?n2afv9drzxlj23j

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Tomorrow I'm going to build a 4.4.3 build just for us vs980 folks. I'm going to use my old source I built my betas on.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Remember to update to kitkat using Jackpots method or any other method. Not responsible if your phone breaks etc etc etc... http://www.mediafire.com/?nornu0e8e6zzjab

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app