Can't get to recovery after root

Search This thread

Backmankiller

Oct 28, 2009
Baltimore
Hey guys quick question, I cannot boot to recovery at all. I was able to for a while and nothing now. I'm running the venom Rom. Any advice? I can do anything root wise except get into recovery

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
Hey guys quick question, I cannot boot to recovery at all. I was able to for a while and nothing now. I'm running the venom Rom. Any advice? I can do anything root wise except get into recovery

if anything make sure fast boot is turned off

have you tried to get into fastboot and enter recovery that way?

i had this same problem when i used Goo Manager
i had to reflash a Recovery to work

if anything. try plugging your phone into the computer and using CMD try "adb reboot recovery"

if anything you might want to just try flashing a new Recovery.img

Last edited:

Backmankiller

Oct 28, 2009
Baltimore
if anything make sure fast boot is turned off

have you tried to get into fastboot and enter recovery that way?

i had this same problem when i used Goo Manager
i had to reflash a Recovery to work

if anything. try plugging your phone into the computer and using CMD try "adb reboot recovery"

Sorry I should add that when I try to get into recovery it goes to the red triangle. But I'll try running the command as well. I've tried fastboot to recovery, apps that boot to recovery.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Sorry I should add that when I try to get into recovery it goes to the red triangle. But I'll try running the command as well. I've tried fastboot to recovery, apps that boot to recovery.

You need to flash your recovery again. Somehow it is back to stock. Did you upgrade firmware? Anyways, plug phone in
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp"or whatever".img
fastboot reboot
adb reboot recovery

Backmankiller

Oct 28, 2009
Baltimore
I give up lol. I tried reflashing the recovery and even tried a new recovery. Reset the phone put a new Rom on and still every time I try to go to the recovery I get a red triangle

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
I give up lol. I tried reflashing the recovery and even tried a new recovery. Reset the phone put a new Rom on and still every time I try to go to the recovery I get a red triangle

How did you put a new Rom on if you can't get to recovery? What command are you using to flash recovery?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Backmankiller

Oct 28, 2009
Baltimore
How did you put a new Rom on if you can't get to recovery? What command are you using to flash recovery?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I reflashed a recovery through fastboot, flashed the new Rom and then it boots, but when I try to get back to recovery after new Rom I get the triangle. I've tried two different recoveries and two different roms!

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
I reflashed a recovery through fastboot, flashed the new Rom and then it boots, but when I try to get back to recovery after new Rom I get the triangle. I've tried two different recoveries and two different roms!

what command are you flashing recovery with?

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Fastboot flash boot recovery.img

That is the wrong command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot flash boot is flashing recovery as your rom, then it is loading and you are loading a new rom which overwrites the boot.img you just flashed therefore never having a recovery. every time you flash "fastboot flash boot *.img" it is killing your rom. flash recovery properly and reinstall rom

Last edited:

Backmankiller

Oct 28, 2009
Baltimore
That is the wrong command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot flash boot is flashing recovery as your rom, then it is loading and you are loading a new rom which overwrites the boot.img you just flashed therefore never having a recovery. every time you flash "fastboot flash boot *.img" it is killing your rom. flash recovery properly and reinstall rom

Thanks brother giving it a shot now!

Top Liked Posts