[APP][Experimental] Windows Mobile 7-like gestures

Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Very cool concept, but in the real world, I doubt it works as well as it does on the desk in the video :) There's just too many factors to... factor in...

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
It would be really cool, if we could program this feature for each application in the phone.

for example in Manilla, if we gesture from left to right, it should go to the next page.
if we gesture from right to left, it should go to the previous one.

if we gesture from bottom to top, it should go down to the quick links, etc.

what i mean is that we should be able to program the moves.

the problem is that my idea needs the front camera, and ur code is using the light sensor.

by the way, when i say "gesture" i mean move ur hand away from the screen. not touching it.

another idea about the light sensor would be the time u keep ur hand on top of the light sensor. for example...

if u keep ur hand in front of the light sensor for 3-4 secs, it should ignore or mute the call. if u keep it for 1-2 secs, it should answer the call.

Last edited:

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
It would be really cool, if we could program this feature for each application in the phone.

for example in Manilla, if we gesture from left to right, it should go to the next page.
if we gesture from right to left, it should go to the previous one.

if we gesture from bottom to top, it should go down to the quick links, etc.

what i mean is that we should be able to program the moves.

the problem is that my idea needs the front camera, and ur code is using the light sensor.

by the way, when i say "gesture" i mean move ur hand away from the screen. not touching it.

another idea about the light sensor would be the time u keep ur hand on top of the light sensor. for example...

if u keep ur hand in front of the light sensor for 3-4 secs, it should ignore or mute the call. if u keep it for 1-2 secs, it should answer the call.

There is no way of accurately detecting direction, since I can only read Lumans from the light sensor.

If Windows Mobile devices commonly had front cameras, I would use that, but only a few European devices do, and I have no clue how to use them in .NET.

segun_aduba

Aug 29, 2010
This is insanely cool.

If this app gets done right it could be a smash hit in the market. I don't know who would not want to have such a feature to easily browse / navigate through their phone interface and apps, providing they have a front camera.

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
i know this might be a silly question, just wanted to know if this is an android app?

Considering this is posted in:
Windows Mobile Development and Hacking->Windows Mobile Apps and Games

And it is running on the Fuze in the video, and it is a .CAB file, you tell me :p

No, it's a Windows Mobile app I wrote a while ago, which I may or may not be updating, depending on whether there is anything useful I can add to it.

Lecl0ne

Sep 29, 2008
SAINT-ETIENNE
Doesn't work properly on my HD2. The lockscreen is bad sized, and The phone really need to be standed on a plane ground to let it work. Maybe it would be better if it can work on the move? (keeping it in the hand, maybe my using light sensor and proximity combo)

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
Doesn't work properly on my HD2. The lockscreen is bad sized, and The phone really need to be standed on a plane ground to let it work. Maybe it would be better if it can work on the move? (keeping it in the hand, maybe my using light sensor and proximity combo)

Again, this was a very experimental app that never worked well in the field. The app can only tell how much light is around the device, preventing it from knowing if it's pocketed, held in a hand, or just passing some shadows.

linoribeiromachado

Feb 14, 2008
Ambient light sensor

Hi, i've been looking in google an msdn foruns for an ambient light sensor api, how do you use it in your application?

Thanks

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com