The second physical button is supposed to be the home key

Search This thread

norm807

Aug 29, 2007
Got my truesmart today.. I was pretty excited... Even the busted up case didn't scare me because the watch its self looked like it was ok. But two things I can't figure out.. The first is that I can't figure out how to switch back to the default launcher from the oui 2.0. That is frustrating because unless I am blind, I can't seem to find those instruction anywhere.

The second thing is my second physical button seems to be broken. The manual says it is a home button or a previous apps list when held button. No matter what screen, nothing happens when I push the button. Long press or short. Nothing happens. Am I to assume that it is broken?

Soo bummed that I can't use this watch..

Thanks
Norm807

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
For many owners, one or both of the buttons either feels odd, doesn't work, or falls off.
They are pushing on little micro switches, not metal bubble switches, inside the case surface mounted on the main board. Sometimes the main board is slightly misaligned and the pusher from outside misses the switch on the main board. Sometimes the surface mounted switch is loose on the main board.
You will need to get the watch replaced if the surface mounting has failed. It might be possible to re-align the main board.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

norm807

Aug 29, 2007
For many owners, one or both of the buttons either feels odd, doesn't work, or falls off.
They are pushing on little micro switches, not metal bubble switches, inside the case surface mounted on the main board. Sometimes the main board is slightly misaligned and the pusher from outside misses the switch on the main board. Sometimes the surface mounted switch is loose on the main board.
You will need to get the watch replaced if the surface mounting has failed. It might be possible to re-align the main board.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I got a reply from Omate via facebook today.. see below, but it looks like is will be a while for it gets fixed. At least it is only the home button.. I can work around it for now.

Norm807
Hello.. Just received my truesmart today.. The shipping case was cracked in sever places and the watch was floating free inside. It appears to be ok. One issue is that the second (home) button doesn't work. I have tried everyhting I could think and it just doesn't work. What do I need to do to get it replaced? Thanks

Omate
1:51am
Omate
You mean the camera?

Norm807
7:09am
No, the button below the camera. The button that is supposed to take you home when pushed or show you the recent apps when long pressed.

Omate
7:42am
I see, we will get back to you as soon as we have a service center in place. Sorry for that, it may take a few months.