To Those Upgrading To The HTC DNA

Search This thread

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
FYI... I just noticed when filling out the $50 Mail-In Rebate form that it ends Feb 2nd. It states "All sales dates must be between Dec 26th 2012 and Feb 3rd 2013."

I don't think this has any relation to the phone only being $1 since the mail-in rebate is for a lot of other products as well, but I just thought I'd give y'all a heads up.

Here is a link to the rebate page on their website....
http://ecr-rebateforms.s3.amazonaws.com/RebateForm_Verizon_Dec26_REVISED4.pdf

Notice on the 2nd page that it shows the models available for the rebate.... ADR6435LVW2Y is the DNA.

EDIT: I originally said that it ended Feb 2nd... it's Feb 3rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlear3

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
Just say the hhgregg flyer and it says get $100 hhgregg gift card with new activation/upgrade! They'll give you $100 to upgrade for a $1 phone. Too good to be true?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
Oh okay just saw it in in he flyer didn't read it though thought I'd post sorry for misinformation

bdeitemeyer

Feb 12, 2012
Tampa, FL
With the help of my family, I was able to order 2 DNAs from hhgregg today for $2. VZW already sent an email with the tracking information, they'll arrive at the store this coming Tuesday & be ready for pickup. Can't wait! :)

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Went to HHGregg and they can't even order them... ugh!!
I guess there will be no HTC DNA for me.

Gah, I'm so disappointed!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I would look for a different hhgregg... lol. Any others within a relatively close driving distance?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Only one other than the one that's only 9 miles away... and its 30 miles away. Lol.
I'm wondering if they can order me one and do this over the phone so that I'll only drive out there once to pick it up.

bdeitemeyer

Feb 12, 2012
Tampa, FL
Only one other than the one that's only 9 miles away... and its 30 miles away. Lol.
I'm wondering if they can order me one and do this over the phone so that I'll only drive out there once to pick it up.

You won't be able to order the phone over the phone, they require a signature for the contract agreement. I'm not sure why the hhgregg you went to wasn't able to order the phone, it sounds like you got an ignorant sales associate...the DNA is considered an "iconic phone" which is only available through ordering it, so if they sell it & assign it a store model number then they must be able to order it.

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
You won't be able to order the phone over the phone, they require a signature for the contract agreement. I'm not sure why the hhgregg you went to wasn't able to order the phone, it sounds like you got an ignorant sales associate...the DNA is considered an "iconic phone" which is only available through ordering it, so if they sell it & assign it a store model number then they must be able to order it.

You're probably right. He may have just not known what he was doing or how to do it. I'll probably go back...
I'm looking into the M7 that will be out next month. What do you think about whether or not Verizon will get it?

bdeitemeyer

Feb 12, 2012
Tampa, FL
You're probably right. He may have just not known what he was doing or how to do it. I'll probably go back...
I'm looking into the M7 that will be out next month. What do you think about whether or not Verizon will get it?

I think it will be more of a GSM-based phone for the other carriers (and more international-friendly), but perhaps VZW will get it as well. I wouldn't bet on it coming out next month, just being unveiled. Add another month or two (hopefully not more), and then the U.S. carriers will get it if everything goes smoothly. The international markets will always have it before us, and once the U.S. carriers get their models...the next barricade is how long it'll take those carriers to modify the operating system to fit in all of their bloatware. VZW got their model (the DNA) at a quick pace because they basically "special ordered" that phone during the preliminary stages, I haven't read that the other U.S. carriers have done the same with the upcoming "M7" model. Time will tell.

If you go back to hhgregg, just ask them to look up model HTC6435LVW2Y...that's the DNA, and they'll have no problem finding it & ordering it. Not every associate is great, but hopefully you can find a competent one. I went to 3 hhgregg stores, with 1 wanting a $50 deposit to order the phones (not a VZW security deposit, but an hhgregg security deposit in case I didn't come back to pick up the phones when they arrived), 1 wanted no deposit, and the last store wanting a $25 deposit. So good luck. lol

Reactions: RBarnett09

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I think it will be more of a GSM-based phone for the other carriers (and more international-friendly), but perhaps VZW will get it as well. I wouldn't bet on it coming out next month, just being unveiled. Add another month or two (hopefully not more), and then the U.S. carriers will get it if everything goes smoothly. The international markets will always have it before us, and once the U.S. carriers get their models...the next barricade is how long it'll take those carriers to modify the operating system to fit in all of their bloatware. VZW got their model (the DNA) at a quick pace because they basically "special ordered" that phone during the preliminary stages, I haven't read that the other U.S. carriers have done the same with the upcoming "M7" model. Time will tell.

If you go back to hhgregg, just ask them to look up model HTC6435LVW2Y...that's the DNA, and they'll have no problem finding it & ordering it. Not every associate is great, but hopefully you can find a competent one. I went to 3 hhgregg stores, with 1 wanting a $50 deposit to order the phones (not a VZW security deposit, but an hhgregg security deposit in case I didn't come back to pick up the phones when they arrived), 1 wanted no deposit, and the last store wanting a $25 deposit. So good luck. lol

Thanks for the input.
I'm really hoping to see the M7.
I'll most likely go visit this other store and see what they can do. I'll give them the model number rather than just saying the DNA to see if that helps. Lol. Heck, if they want a deposit that's fine because if they get it in, I'll go pick it up.

Thanks a lot man.

bdeitemeyer

Feb 12, 2012
Tampa, FL
Just a quick update:

I picked up my 2 DNAs today from hhgregg, and a different associate was in charge of finalizing the transaction (setting up activations, etc.). The sale for $1 is over, as the price he kept finding is now $199 each. Luckily they honored the previous price at the time of my order, so I walked away spending only a couple of bucks. It's unfortunate for anyone else that's interested in this deal though, it looks like it's finally over. :(

Reactions: RBarnett09

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are on the east coast I have a better deal for you.

Go into hhgregg and have them order one for you. Even though their site says 149 if you go into the store and order it the cost is only $1... And it qualifies for a mail in rebate for a $50 hhgregg gift card.

I did this last week and picked it up on Monday. I did it at the Boardman Ohio store, but confirmed that the Cranberry PA store had the same offer.

I posted it on facebook and one of my friends went in and got one too.

Sent from my Bad Ass DROID DNA using Tapatalk 2
    I actually just went in to see if they could get me the 149 as listed on the website so that best buy would price match. When they pulled up their system it was listed for $1.00. You shouldn't have to do anything to convince them to give you the price.

I know it sounds crazy and I have no idea why they aren't advertising the heck out of it, but I have attached a pic of my receipt... Its the real deal.

umy3e2u8.jpg

Edit: sorry had to repost a pic without my home address and cell number. I left the store and salesperson's info though.

Just called hh Gregg the DNA is still only a dollar I checked with the monroeville store

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
    I actually just went in to see if they could get me the 149 as listed on the website so that best buy would price match. When they pulled up their system it was listed for $1.00. You shouldn't have to do anything to convince them to give you the price.

I know it sounds crazy and I have no idea why they aren't advertising the heck out of it, but I have attached a pic of my receipt... Its the real deal.

Thanks, I checked with my local hhgregg (Tampa, FL), and they do have the Droid DNA in their system for $1.00 for a new contract (didn't ask about upgrade price since I'd be a new VZW customer). They don't have any in stock, but my gf and I will be ordering 2 as soon as we can both make it to the store (hopefully this evening). The associate said there wasn't an end date to the price in their system, so it may be expire with this week's sale on Saturday, or it may end sooner/later...who knows.
    Great now I only have to save up $400 for my security deposit lmao. Hhgregg would charge the same deposit as Verizon no?

hhgregg wouldn't "charge it" per say.... meaning Verizon would get the money, but yeah unfortunately they wouldn't be able to bypass Verizon's security deposit requirements.

But hey at least it would only cost $401 instead of $599 for the deposit and the phone... lol.

I took the $200 that I would have spent on the phone and instead bought the 2 year protection plan. The plan covers way more stuff than Verizon's, there's no deductible, and it works out to less than $10 a month.

Just thought I'd share.