Optimus G (LG-F180S) official Kitkat leaks

Search This thread

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
acording with the guys that have kitkat now (the f180 vers) ..kitkat is a waste.

. 4.4 has no knock on/off/code, no slide aside, no guessmode, 1 new lock effect, NO ART?!?

and this is it.

Such a waste. Buying an s4 monday next week. and will pass this g to my brother.For those who can..i'd sugest to sell the g and put some extra money and buy an s4/htc one or better. make this move now.. until it's not too late and the price of this phone will become even lower. look at the facts. g3 will have a brand new ui .. which g2 will probably never get it. if g2 will get g3 ui ..it will be a miracle. and thats is lg. wasn't enough that g3 will get a whole new ui.. they couldn't give us the 4.4 features.. Messy company.

Frankly I dont give two ****s about knock features and ART, I just want a stable, battery friendly rom with the latest version of Android and Lg's nice overlay, we still get unlimited and new Qslide Apps and all of Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 features along with anything Lg's new UI brings aside from Knock features, the again everyone is talking about ART, and it is just a beta thing. You are not supposed to use it, Google includes it for Developers to test. NOTHING more. Also Knock features suck Battery, and those may come later with small updates like on the G pro, or may vary with variants. It's easy to criticize, after all they had no obligation whatsoever to provide us with an update.

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
Hurray it works. Sorry I'm a little bit busy right now so I can't start cooking a rom for you. The leak needs to be modified because its bloated with apps that aren't useful. Check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52810419, I posted some screenies. I am going to check this thread later I have to work now.

Can you tell how did you succeed in booting into this rom? We are unable to...

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

NO 4.2.2 . NO 4.3 . Forgot that? we waited a lot for.... nothing.

Nothing? Well...

Nite.Achilles

Oct 3, 2011
Singapore
When we receive Kitkat, don't be sad there's no additional features. I'm sure the devs can port additional features from G2? Maybe. Idk. But Kitkat also brings updated GPU drivers, meaning less lag in games etc. It also means that CM and other Kitkat custom roms are more stable. Kitkat kernels may be developed and will definitely make full use of our phone's hardware. So yeah :good:

Reactions: dwielunski

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
NO 4.2.2 . NO 4.3 . Forgot that? we waited a lot for.... nothing.

The whole Xperia lineup from 2011 was expecting to get all the ICS features from the 2012 lineup, and they got the same ****, nothing different, at all. They didn't even receive an update to Jelly Bean. I had an Xperia Arc before, and this is much better than what Sony did. You can also take a look at the Mytouch 4g slide, dual core krait, lil **** didn't get to see anything but Gingerbread. Compared to that we are lucky to get an update, aside from Motorola and Google, no company takes updates seriously. Samsung is almost obliged to update because of the companies popularity, and look at the **** they do. I think we all knew the update was gonna be more or less like this.

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Frankly I dont give two ****s about knock features and ART, I just want a stable, battery friendly rom with the latest version of Android and Lg's nice overlay, we still get unlimited and new Qslide Apps and all of Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 features along with anything Lg's new UI brings aside from Knock features, the again everyone is talking about ART, and it is just a beta thing.
Same here, my thoughts exactly. :) Just need a stable usable new stock ROM. And I am not planning to sell my OG anytime soon, it's a hell of a device, and still has plenty of life left in it. Unless I find some crazy deal on something newer and better that I just couldn't resist (that's exactly how I got the OG to replace my old SGS2)... :D

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Hurray it works. Sorry I'm a little bit busy right now so I can't start cooking a rom for you. The leak needs to be modified because its bloated with apps that aren't useful. Check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52810419, I posted some screenies. I am going to check this thread later I have to work now.

Great, I knew that you'b the Man! That's why I asked you from the first moment... [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cayman.n2o

Mar 21, 2009
Nis
Can't wait for cooked rom for E975 :) This is going to be perfect phone with a stable, stock, bloat removed rom.
Don't be disappointed about knock and art...

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
Mr hoangnova, turvat and all who have updated
Is the messaging app like this?
and does the keyboard support theme?

Attachments

• 10268617_10203090803006900_7441260453405011647_n.jpg
    10268617_10203090803006900_7441260453405011647_n.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 367

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @hoangnova, the official release is already available, can you port your ROM to E975? Or Share with someone with the skills to do it?

All kitkat partition F180K.
    Please download & mirror:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-BtlL2Rz4TvUHZ6Q3otWWVJQ1E/edit

pass unrar: LGViet.com

LG Optimus G kitkat 4.4.2 with new 4 LockScreen effects
    Moded ROM.
    New LockScreen effect: Vector circle, Mosaic, Light particle, Soda & Ocean (flex effect)
    - Answer me
    - Plug and pop
    - Slide Aside
    - Guest mode
    - Knock Off

And now, we need only one: KNOCK ON.
    origianl post&more info: cafe.naver.com/opworld/61759

Exclude - ART, Easysetting(maybe?),Knockcode,Knockoff
    Here is what i do to boot into kit kat:
    1. Installed E97510H_00 kdz
    2. Rooted using ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root
    3. Unlocked bootloader (classic method) and installed twrp with freegee
    4. Edited updater-script in ROM4.4.zip (7-zip and notepad2) from hoangnova to look like this (can be skipped using zip from end of post):
    Code:
    ui_print("---------------------------------");
    ui_print("           Rom 4.4           ");
    ui_print("           MinhCanhdev          ");
    ui_print("---------------------------------");
    show_progress(1.5, 50);
    ui_print("Dang nap he thong vui long cho...");
    package_extract_file("aboot_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot");
    package_extract_file("boot_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot");
    package_extract_file("persist_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist");
    package_extract_file("rpm_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm");
    package_extract_file("sbl1_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1");
    package_extract_file("sbl2_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl2");
    package_extract_file("sbl3_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl3");
    package_extract_file("tz_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz");
    package_extract_file("system_g.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system");
    ui_print();
    ui_print("Cai dat hoan tat");
    ui_print("wipe data 1 lan nua");
    ui_print("Khoi dong va thuong thuc");
    ui_print();
    5. Downloaded SuperSu http://download.chainfire.eu/420/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip
    6. Reboot into twrp recovery (rebooted with freegee) and Flashed rom4.4, supersu
    7. Wiped data, cache and dlavik cache
    8. Booted into kitkat

Users reported that booting to recovery after installig zip causes secure boot error. After booting into kitkat you should unlock your bootloader with freegee again.

Link to ZIP with alredy modified updater script https://mega.co.nz/#!QxUiTZbI!zZ4PHTqiwBfEKPlNChNDKXnUGD9sMqhy-GsyclFvwak