4.0.4 IMM76I OTA rolling out NOW - Fixes signal drops! (OTA link inside)

Search This thread

bilalakhtar

Oct 30, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
According to multiple reports on this forum, the Galaxy Nexus IMM76I update is rolling out to users as of Friday 20 April, 2012.

As of the time of writing this post, there has been no official statement from Google, but unofficial reports suggest that this update fixes signal issues experienced by many GSM Galaxy Nexi after the IMM76D 4.0.4 update.

The update seems to be minor. Download the OTA update zip here:
http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip

This update zip works ONLY ON STOCK IMM76D 4.0.4 ROM WITH STOCK KERNEL. That means, ALL files in your system and boot partitions should be unmodified (file additions are okay, like with the case of root). A custom radio and/or root is fine for this update, though. Instructions on how to flash the zip, are on efrant's awesome thread here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419170

As of now, it's likely that the update is only for GSM Galaxy Nexus models running the Yakju build. Since the signal issue affected GSM models only, it's likely that the CDMA Galaxy Nexus won't get this update.

Time to start spamming the "Check Now" button even though I didn't have the issue in the first place! :)

Last edited:

ac1964

Dec 20, 2006
Or you could just do this.
I always have to step through the procedure twice for it to work.
But at least you don't have to hook up to a computer or anything.

ok what you need to do is
1. go to setting / apps then hit the all button at the top
2. scroll down to google services framework and then press it to open
3. hit the clear data button
4. go to settings / about phone / system updates (you will notice the date will be 1969 or 1970 this is ok )
5. hit the check now button
6. Nexus should show you the 4.0.4 update avaliable
7. hit install and enjoy

According to multiple reports on this forum, the Galaxy Nexus IMM76I update is rolling out to users as of Friday 20 April, 2012.

As of the time of writing this post, there has been no official statement from Google, but unofficial reports suggest that this update fixes signal issues experienced by many GSM Galaxy Nexi after the IMM76D 4.0.4 update.

http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip

Instructions on how to flash it, are on efrant's awesome thread here:

As of now, it's likely that the update is only for GSM Galaxy Nexus models running the Yakju build. Since the signal issue affected GSM models only, it's likely that the CDMA Galaxy Nexus won't get this update.

Time to start spamming the "Check Now" button even though I didn't have the issue in the first place! :)

PsiAdster

Mar 19, 2012
Near Exeter

4. go to settings / about phone / system updates (you will notice the date will be 1969 or 1970 this is ok )
7. hit install and enjoy

Didn't work for me.

aptmx

May 31, 2010
Nothing yet here

I just manually checked for it here. Nothing yet.... AT&T in US.

unknown00

Jul 28, 2007
i just got my galaxy nexus yesterday and want to upgrade to 4.0.4, i checked through the settings and it says nothing available. it should be out soon yes?

iGoogleNexus

Nov 18, 2011
Miami
Lol you guys the whole frame work data clear works... if it doesn't the first time it will the second time =] just did it

- Google Galaxy Nexus

ericshmerick

Apr 7, 2006
Tried the framework reset like 8 times, no update found.

I'm on 4.0.4 IMM76D from a few weeks ago (which I OTA'd using the Framework reset trick).

Hopefully current 4.0.4 users will get this slipstream update. I have signal issues currently...

icemasta31

Jan 12, 2011
Which radio would we need to flash for the update (since I think we need original radio to flash update)?

Was it UGLC1 or XXLA2? I'm on IMM76D so I assume XXLA2.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This update zip works ONLY ON STOCK IMM76D 4.0.4 ROM WITH STOCK KERNEL. That means, ALL files in your system and boot partitions should be unmodified (file additions are okay, like with the case of root). A custom radio and/or root is fine for this update, though. Instructions on how to flash the zip, are on efrant's awesome thread here:

7. hit install and enjoy

Instructions on how to flash it, are on efrant's awesome thread here:

[BOOT.IMG] Insecure boot.img for IMM76I (ICS 4.0.4)

Not sure if the IMM76D boot image will work with IMM76I. Try it and see. If not, see if someone posted an insecure version in the dev section. Otherwise, the source should be out by now, so you should be able to compile one yourself (assuming you know how).

okay, this is my first try in creating an insecure boot image, it works fine on my gnex and adb says it is running as root. i have not tried more until now. since i don't have enough posts i cannot create a thread in the dev section. but i wanted to share it anyway. maybe someone can post it for me? ;)
    here thats all what cwm puts out:

installing: /sdcard/cwm-IMM76-boot-zip
    Finding update package
    Opening update package
    Installing update
    E: Error in sdcard/cwm-Imm76I-boot.zip
    (status 6)
    installation aborted

thats all

Fixed. Try this one.