No "OK" button on SuperUser for Omate?

Search This thread

metaphor_

Apr 11, 2010
Hi guys, hoping for some SuperUser help...

Using the GPS Time application to try and get my Omate TrueSmart to update the time after the battery dies (I can't believe the device can't hold enough power to maintain its internal clock, that's a terrible design flaw in a watch, but anyway)

The problem is that the GPS Time app pops up the SuperUser dialogue asking me to give it permissions--but the dialogue is too big for the screen and there's no OK button visible! How do you handle this on the TrueSmart?

mghtymse007

Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys, hoping for some SuperUser help...

Using the GPS Time application to try and get my Omate TrueSmart to update the time after the battery dies (I can't believe the device can't hold enough power to maintain its internal clock, that's a terrible design flaw in a watch, but anyway)

The problem is that the GPS Time app pops up the SuperUser dialogue asking me to give it permissions--but the dialogue is too big for the screen and there's no OK button visible! How do you handle this on the TrueSmart?

I use xposed for apps that spill over the edges. Start here...then move to xda

repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.appsettings

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fg

Aug 3, 2006
Set Device Settings -> Display -> Font Size to Small and the SuperSU screen will fit on screen

Reactions: Tom19146

Tom19146

Feb 6, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
False move on SU, now TS won't complete booting

I have a TrueSmart 1/8, US version, developers edition, with most up to date rom and with Loki's patch.

I wish I had read this thread a few minutes sooner. I was trying to install the gestures app GMD gestures I think it was and kept running into the same superuser problem. So went into settings for superuser and hit yes to have it installed I think in the system. I can't really tell you now because I can't get back into the watch at all.. I know it said to reboot immediately after and that if SU did not show up to go to the Google play store to reinstall or to open it from there or something...I'm not sure what. In any event, after SU did its thing, I powered off and on powering back on, it will not get past the Omate TrueSmart screen. Nor can I turn it off. Can anybody help me? For now I have it in the cradle so it doesn't lose power, since I cannot turn it off.

I know I can take the battery out, but I wanted to consult before I do anything more.

Last edited:

fg

Aug 3, 2006
... I powered off and on powering back on, it will not get past the Omate TrueSmart screen. Nor can I turn it off. Can anybody help me? For now I have it in the cradle so it doesn't lose power, since I cannot turn it off.

I know I can take the battery out, but I wanted to consult before I do anything more.

If you had ADB enabled, try plugging into your computer and see if you can launch an adb shell which will give you more restoration options. You may be able to undo your changes from the command line, or at the least reboot into recovery mode.

Without ADB, your options are to pull the battery or wait till it drains naturally.

Reactions: Tom19146

Tom19146

Feb 6, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
If you had ADB enabled, try plugging into your computer and see if you can launch an adb shell which will give you more restoration options. You may be able to undo your changes from the command line, or at the least reboot into recovery mode.

Without ADB, your options are to pull the battery or wait till it drains naturally.

What program should I have open on my PC before connecting watch (or is that a sensible question)?

Tom19146

Feb 6, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
What program should I have open on my PC before connecting watch (or is that a sensible question)?

Just a follow-up to the above, in case anyone lands in the same place, I did take the back off, remove the battery for just a moment, and then put the back back on. (I doubted, since it was frozen, that connecting to my PC would help, so i didn't try that. ) To my delight, everything was as I had left it, save that the gestures GMD app now loaded. (I made my font small, as recommended above, and was able to ok super user this time.) I had expected after removing the battery, to have to rebuild/reload everything from scratch,but that didn't happen.

Thanks to all for your help.

Reactions: fg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Set Device Settings -> Display -> Font Size to Small and the SuperSU screen will fit on screen
    Open SuperSU and look on the first tab 'Application', Touch the #
    Change 'Acces' to Allow
    then save
    ... I powered off and on powering back on, it will not get past the Omate TrueSmart screen. Nor can I turn it off. Can anybody help me? For now I have it in the cradle so it doesn't lose power, since I cannot turn it off.

Just a follow-up to the above, in case anyone lands in the same place, I did take the back off, remove the battery for just a moment, and then put the back back on. (I doubted, since it was frozen, that connecting to my PC would help, so i didn't try that. ) To my delight, everything was as I had left it, save that the gestures GMD app now loaded. (I made my font small, as recommended above, and was able to ok super user this time.) I had expected after removing the battery, to have to rebuild/reload everything from scratch,but that didn't happen.

Thanks to all for your help.