Jolla Developer Ports Sailfish OS to the Nexus 4: N5 port coming soon

Search This thread

nh1402

Apr 16, 2012
Well I tried building the 1.0.8.19 version, but rather predictably it bootloops, guess it wasn't commited to github for the same reason, or I did something wrong, going to try again though, or probably try 1.0.7.16 instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: sendhiloo7

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
I got stuck at 4.4.1, but that was with EA1, I'll try again now.

Yeah, I was stuck there too with EA1,

The building finished, but does not boot. Next thing is to figure out what I did wrong... Or what do I have to fix to make it boot.

SSH is working over USB, but I have no idea what the default password is :D

Back to android it is until I figure out what to do next.

Last edited:

nh1402

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, I was stuck there too with EA1,

The building finished, but does not boot. Next thing is to figure out what I did wrong... Or what do I have to fix to make it boot.

SSH is working over USB, but I have no idea what the default password is :D

Back to android it is until I figure out what to do next.

Did you follow my link for the Nexus 5 instructions, I believe certain bits of Chapters 3,4, and 5 are different for our device/CM11.

Have you tried comparing it to the one version that does boot on page 6?

Last edited:

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
Did you follow my link for the Nexus 5 instructions, I believe certain bits of Chapters 3,4, and 5 are different for our device/CM11.

Have you tried comparing it to the one version that does boot on page 6?

Yes and no. I used only some info from that guide. I wonder if lipstick crashing can cause this issue? I might just have to try out those fixes.
Edit: I added the first workaround for lipstick crashing. Let's see what happens when the build is ready. I should also read through the hole documentation in case there is a guide on what to do in this situation.

Edit2: No difference. I shouldn't have missed anything. I wish I had some kind of logs to hint me. I have to take a better look at the HADK tomorrow

Last edited:

LordKiwi

Sep 11, 2007
I noticed that when entering the command "ubu-chroot -r /parentroot/$MER_ROOT/sdks/ubuntu" it said unknown ubuntu version or something.
Using an older version of ubuntu solved this for me. At 4.4.1 you should enter the following:

Code:
TARBALL=ubuntu-quantal-android-rootfs.tar.bz2 
curl -O http://img.merproject.org/images/mer-hybris/ubu/$TARBALL
UBUNTU_CHROOT=/parentroot/$MER_ROOT/sdks/ubuntu
sudo mkdir -p $UBUNTU_CHROOT
sudo tar --numeric-owner -xvjf $TARBALL -C $UBUNTU_CHROOT

I think this problem can also be solved by updateing the ubu-chroot script, so it will accept the trusty version of ubuntu.

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
I noticed that when entering the command "ubu-chroot -r /parentroot/$MER_ROOT/sdks/ubuntu" it said unknown ubuntu version or something.
Using an older version of ubuntu solved this for me. At 4.4.1 you should enter the following:

Code:
TARBALL=ubuntu-quantal-android-rootfs.tar.bz2 
curl -O http://img.merproject.org/images/mer-hybris/ubu/$TARBALL
UBUNTU_CHROOT=/parentroot/$MER_ROOT/sdks/ubuntu
sudo mkdir -p $UBUNTU_CHROOT
sudo tar --numeric-owner -xvjf $TARBALL -C $UBUNTU_CHROOT

I think this problem can also be solved by updateing the ubu-chroot script, so it will accept the trusty version of ubuntu.

There are 3 ways around this issue. First is the one you pointed out.
Second is modifying sdks/ubuntu/etc/debian_version to say wheezy
Third option is to update the script to accept the newer version.

I personally went with the second option, as it is the easiest one, and allows me to use trusty instead of quantal.

LordKiwi

Sep 11, 2007
I tried using Quantal. It is a bad idea.
It is lacking build-essential and packages are no langer available in the official repositories.

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
I tried using Quantal. It is a bad idea.
It is lacking build-essential and packages are no langer available in the official repositories.

By editing /etc/apt/sources.list and changing quantal to precise on the 2 lines you can download packages again. You can install all required tools by using this command:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
  libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
  libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
  python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

frullewulle

May 23, 2010
Woesten
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
By editing /etc/apt/sources.list and changing quantal to precise on the 2 lines you can download packages again. You can install all required tools by using this command:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
  libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
  libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
  python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

ubu-chroot command not found error

where is this script normally stored? => got it: android-tools was not installed in mer-sdk

Last edited:

hepi_hape

Mar 16, 2013
I see in old tread there is n5 ported sailfish rom... Nut mow the file doesnt exist. Can i still trying sailfish OS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sailfishos for Nexus 5

I was wondering why there is no flashable sailfishos build for our Nexus 5, even if everything required to build it is available at github.com/siteshwar.
    So I gave it a shot myself and now sharing the result with anyone who wants to play a bit with sailfishos on Nexus 5.

I havent tested everything but you can take a look here to see what should be working: wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

credits: siteshar, vgrade

THIS IS FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

To get sailfishos on your Nexus 5 follow the steps (thats what i did today, btw. I am using multirom TWRP):

You CAN NOT use this as secondary rom with multirom!

1. Download cyanogenmod11 nighly for Nexus5 (download.cyanogenmod.org) and the sailfishos-hammerhead-release-1.0.5.16.zip
    (form the link in this post) and copy it to your Nexus5.
    2. Backup EVERYTHING you need after you are done playing with sailfishos. Internal storage should stay untouched but you never know!
    3. Boot into recovery and format everything except internal storage.
    4. Flash the cyanogenmod11 image and then the sailfishos build in the same way ("on top of it").
    5. Reboot your device and it should boot to sailfishos.

To return to android again format everything except the internel storage and restore your Backup.
    Sailfishos will still be in "/data/.stowaways" so delete this folder with the file manager from TWRP.

Download: h t t p s://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6BeHPEWFhheEJKT1h4UnB5bDg
    md5sum: 04904c0fb080205406b63f3c840ef9ee sailfishos-hammerhead-release-1.0.5.16.zip
    Taken with the crappy camera in the Xperia Arc S because my Note 3 was dead after a battery test and I can't use the Nexus 5 to take pictures of itself obviously lol.

Settings:

O9G0HRJpJc9g

Part of tutorial:

pNuLJaCaVZ9S

Browser:

OLZQBDixQGsL

Notifications:

P7mLHrTHOyqn

"Lockscreen":
    Note that passcode is broken (when you try setting it up and finish doing so it'll never save/stick), "wallpaper" isn't cropped right (you can't actually set one, you select a color theme and it changes everything based on that), and text at the bottom is off the screen, on the left it should be "97%" (battery) and on the right, "4G" (connectivity). Edit: Not sure if fixed since I haven't tried building/flashing recently.

a8BA4ZEmvaSM

Swiping up from the "lockscreen" gets you to your homescreen which shows recent apps as well as the first row of the app drawer:

xHnNkvEwo4Zl

Swiping up again gets you to the rest of the app drawer:

ckxO3lvWYks6

Dialer:

nbP9hMRQL2Ln

Calculator:

QPMQtM2qbMQr
    3-Sailfish-OS-UI.jpg

Can't wait to try the port. Been really wanting to create a theme for this UI on android but was waiting for official screen shots or something. Whatcha guys think? Of course its got a long way to catch up to Android, if it even can. Just neat to try out. :)

Link: http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/01/jolla-developer-ports-sailfish-os-nexus-4.html
    I can compile tomorrow. But no promises on it actually working...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk