[CAB] Sense 2.5 - Less clouds (For people who live in a cloudy country)

Search This thread

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
attachment.php

Because I live in a cloudy country, I never have the Sense weather animation turned on. It just keeps on filling my screen with the white clouds, which doesn't make Sense looking quite good.:(

But the weather animations are pretty cool, so I made a CAB to disable a few clouds. Unfortunately the whole raincloud is gone too, but that doesn't seem to be a big problem to me. ;)

Installation:
  • Copy and install the CAB from the attachment
  • Softreset / restart device

Uninstall:
  • Uninstall cab in "Remove programs" section. Default clouds will be back again.

[Update May 19]

I seem to have missed a cloud when creating the cab, which was still purple for testing purposes. :D
Cab is updated now, cloud is gone ;)

[Update 2 May 19]
It seems another purple cloud slipped into the cab, updated to v3.

[Links]
Article at WMPoweruser
Article at htc.hdblog.it
HTCmania.ru
XDA-developers

Attachments

• Sense_Less_Clouds_small.jpg
    Sense_Less_Clouds_small.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7,156
Last edited:

k8sh

Mar 26, 2010
I find my phone home screen also too cloudy! So I recently started disabling the the weather animation, which I really do like.

Is it safe to uninstall this after installation. You know, just in case. Thanks.

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
I find my phone home screen also too cloudy! So I recently started disabling the the weather animation, which I really do like.

Is it safe to uninstall this after installation. You know, just in case. Thanks.

Yes, clouds will all be back after uninstall :D

Franwella

Mar 17, 2009
Melbourne
Great idea!

Melbourne (Australia) has a cloudy winter and my home screen appears to be under a constant state of fog *lol*

Like others, I love the animation, I just find I have to try and see through the clouds every time I turn my phone on. This is a great app!

Brilliant job! Thanks!

otherworld

Apr 13, 2008
Leeds
Brilliant! My gf and I were really hoping for something like this.

Even worse, my gf forgot to tick the 'update automatically' option on the HD2's weather, and it 'rained' for two weeks!! She was hating her phone until we realised. hehe.:eek:

Ian

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Brilliant! My gf and I were really hoping for something like this.

Even worse, my gf forgot to tick the 'update automatically' option on the HD2's weather, and it 'rained' for two weeks!! She was hating her phone until we realised. hehe.:eek:

Ian

But the rain animation is the coolest one :D

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Is it just me, or does that cloud still look purple / violet after update v3?

Maybe it's not my mod at all :)

Jan 18, 2010
Very nice idea!
I always switched off the weather animation all the time because of the clouds everywhere...

But one thing:

The Rain Cloud - can you bring it back? Rain without a cloud looks very weird to me. That would be very cool!

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Very nice idea!
I always switched off the weather animation all the time because of the clouds everywhere...

But one thing:

The Rain Cloud - can you bring it back? Rain without a cloud looks very weird to me. That would be very cool!

No I can't. these clouds are the same as the overwhelming clouds on your homescreen. the cab doesnt change the animations, it removes the overwhelming clouds. Unfortunately these where also used in the raincloud :)