[COLLECTION] CWM Recovery [WIP], unsecure BOOT, ENG H-BOOT for S-OFF users

Search This thread

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Yeah! That's very very good =)
I cannot understand why it draws 2 screens but okay i find that bug too :p

For now can you test functions like backup restore etc. while i'm digging into graphics problem?
That would be very nice :)

Regards
Bin4ry

xl DIGITAL lx

May 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah! That's very very good =)
I cannot understand why it draws 2 screens but okay i find that bug too :p

For now can you test functions like backup restore etc. while i'm digging into graphics problem?
That would be very nice :)

Regards
Bin4ry

Good job, your doing real well! Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Note:
I hope some of you can test all functions and report if broken or not.
I will upload new testimage tomorrow, because i have to do some work now :)

Best Regards
Andreas aka Bin4ry

Reactions: umd and madindehead

jagaroth

May 23, 2011
Nandroid backup saves boot and recovery (Can't mount system.).

mount USB storage work (as well as mount unmount SDCard).

Can't mount cache, data, system, data or devlog (not going to try formatting yet ;) )

Until I can back up I can't try flashing.

Last edited:

sintos2s

Feb 17, 2009
kenitra
Note:
I hope some of you can test all functions and report if broken or not.
I will upload new testimage tomorrow, because i have to do some work now :)

Best Regards
Andreas aka Bin4ry

First thing we have an error in the first screen

clockworckMod Recovery v3.2.0.1
E :Can’t Mount /cache/recovery/command
E :Can’t Mount /cache/recovery/log
E :Can’t open /cache/recovery/log
E :Can’t Mount /cache/recovery/last log
E :Can’t open /cache/recovery/last log

functions :

- reboot system now : it works
- wipe data/factory reset : it does not work. the phone turn off
- buckup and restore : it does not work. « can’t mount /system ! »
- mount USB storage : it works

rahan95

Aug 30, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Same as Jagaroth

having backed up all my data with Titanium and knowing I can flash any stock ROM in case things go wrong, I'm really wondering if I should try flashing MDJ's rom or not =)

Edit : flashing fails : errors at Unpacking System step : Status 0

Last edited:

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
I'm confused. How do people get S-OFF and Eng-Off on their device when bought? Is it just a lucky unit or what?

Awassenaar

Aug 16, 2009
I'm confused. How do people get S-OFF and Eng-Off on their device when bought? Is it just a lucky unit or what?

I believe they are just lucky... Some people who are a bit more suspicious think that HTC scattered these phones among the customers on purpose, hoping they would end up here on XDA.

Believe whatever you want! ;)

Last edited:

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
I believe they are just lucky... Some people who are a bit more suspicious think that HTC scattered these phones among the customers on purpose, hoping they would end up here on XDA.

I don't see the reason why HTC would do that when they could of just unlock them all theirself..
And why would HTC leave some S-Off and some Eng-Off?, and leave 90% of them S-On?

Awassenaar

Aug 16, 2009
I don't see the reason why HTC would do that when they could of just unlock them all theirself..
And why would HTC leave some S-Off and some Eng-Off?, and leave 90% of them S-On?

Beats me...
Maybe they hope that xda devs find a way to unlock the bootloaders on the S-ON devices, so that htc doesn't have to do it themselve. Cause it is said that it will take htc some time to reverse the S-ON. But I'm just guessing here...
Probably just luck though.

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
Beats me...
Maybe they hope that xda devs find a way to unlock the bootloaders on the S-ON devices, so that htc doesn't have to do it themselve. Cause it is said that it will take htc some time to reverse the S-ON. But I'm just guessing here...

What confused me the most is that why would they even put S-On the first place. It will just decrease their sales.

Awassenaar

Aug 16, 2009
What confused me the most is that why would they even put S-On the first place. It will just decrease their sales.

To make more money. Other companies and providers pay htc to put their apps on the phone. They would not like it if those apps (here they're called bloatware as they make the phone slower/ decrease memory/ are just not usefull) could be removed by flashing a custom ROM. But now other phone manufacturers are opening up their bootloaders and so I think htc realises they are at a disadvantage now and therefore decided to unlock the phones after all.

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
Beats me...

It can't take HTC some time to reverse the S-ON. They know how they locked the phones, and they have an HTC Mega Sim (aka White Card) to unlock these things.

So whoever came up with that excuse didn't really think it through ;)

Reactions: dannymanno

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Please stop chitchat. I created the thread because the old one was full of chitchat and it was hard to find the needed infos for me.
For general discussions there is the general forums =)
No offense, but i really need to find quick my infos here!
Thanks!

Regards
Bin4ry

Reactions: HighTech216

Xaroth

Oct 26, 2009
well if they are smart they at least run it through a few dozen sessions with QA before even considering OTA'ing it.. nothing would suck more than to promise your loyal customers something, to then have that mess up more than it would fix.

also, @madeindehead , it's not like they can send some engineers out to -every- Sensation owner globally to whitecard-fix it..

now, can we get back on rails on the WIP?

Last edited:

agent.m

Aug 16, 2006
leeds
djagentm.blogspot.com

From what I've read by people that have got s-off sensation the own demo units which make sense. They probably left a batch unlocked for shows or testing rom updates and then got shipped with locked batch. Just my thoughts.

Sorry binary just saw your post someone please delete :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

this is a development & collection Thread. The PG58IMG.ZIP files can be flashed through SD-CARD in HBoot Mode. This works only for S-OFF users. If you don't have S-OFF you cannot use the files. There is no way to get S-OFF on a normal S-ON phone now.

Unsecured Boot.img (give you a root adb shell):
    http://81.89.105.12/~bin4ry/boot/PG58IMG.zip Europe
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=623951&d=1307966840 Asia (thanks to jerryzyl)

ENG Hboot (enables more HBoot commands, not necessary for most users):
    [thanks Rahan95 for dumping :) ]
    http://81.89.105.12/~bin4ry/hboot/PG58IMG.zip

I'm trying to get the CWM Recovery working. It would be helpful if S-OFF users flash it and report what's working and what's not. ATM we have a screen issue that i'm trying to fix. So it would be nice if you make photos and attach them to your post. Also please attach the 2 files:
    /tmp/recovery.log
    /tmp/log_bin4ry.txt

Here is the download link to recovery: (Updated: 15.06.2011 - 20:52h [GMT+1])
    http://81.89.105.12/~bin4ry/recovery/PG58IMG.zip

Thanks to all testers :)

Best Regards
    Bin4ry
    Sure you can : stop posting in the wrong place and go to General....
    Recovery graphics is fixed now! Credits for this go to Tenfar!
    But we will stick to a bugged graphics to test the other recovery functions. A full graphically working recovery with all patches will be released, but not yet :)

Regards
    Bin4ry
    Next recovery version uploaded :)

Regards
    Bin4ry

best result
    IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

log_bin4ry.txt
    http://www.multiupload.com/Z447VQWKJB
    recovery.log
    http://www.multiupload.com/BVRPZMXMSR
    Couldn't resist. Had an idea and uploaded new recovery to first post!
    Please try and report how color looks now.

Regards