Why?????

Search This thread

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Why do I get Told I have insufficient space on my phone to update some apps when I have about 39mb free!?!
Big thanks to anyone who can help

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
39mb of free space is just not enough ; the apps have to download the apk and install them-which requires seperate space and so much more space than the apps original file size (what it says on the market) is needed ; try moving apps to sd and if you have root uninstalling SE's bloatware.

Reactions: UndisputedGuy

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks, but how do you guys have ANY space? I'm unrooted but still...

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
Then i suggest you root ; it helps alot. All the stock games that come with the phone take up around 50mb of space ; I've moved both adobe flash player and google maps to sd, deleted stuff i dont use i.e. default browser,timescape,all the SE facebook stuff, most of my apps are on my sd card and all of my games run smoothly (around half my apps are games) , another thing you might want to look into if you decide to root is the supercharger v6 which really speeds up the phone ( no idea how laggy your phone may or may not be with that much free space).

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
I could root. Something is stopping me though. Maybe I don't want to void my warranty or don't want to have to download and start all my games again. Any other negatives?

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
1)You can unroot.
2)It does not wipe your data - Infact you gain the ability to backup all of your apps via titanium backup :D - atleast it doesn't on .42 and software version prior to it.

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
Yes, you have to restart your phone but thats about the most inconvenient thing about it :D

Last edited:

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Also, my phone almost bricked I think... I updated ss launcher and powered off my phone, restarted it and it got stuck on Sony Ericsson logo. I took the battery out and it happened again but it's working now.. Should I be worried?

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
I dont think so ; the phone in my experience is unbrickable ( i have a locked bootloader) - Root should not brick your phone - use the zerg rush exploit/method and I have no experience with ss launcher. If you ever have a similar situation to what happened to you remove your battery for around 30 seconds and then put it back in , try a few reboots. If that doesn't work , download Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) and keep on trying to update/repair the software using that no to be confused with Sony Ericsson Pc Companion.

EDIT- I've rooted numerous times (due to me theming,trying out different things on my phone and generally just wanting a fresh install) and I have never had a problem with it - make sure you follow all instructions - if done correctly you should not brick and your data will be kept...

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Yes, you have to restart your phone but thats about the most inconvenient thing about it :D
Hmmm. Never knew that and I actually just lost everything when I rooted my old ZTE blade. Anyways, who do I void the warranty with? Sony or the retailer? And if I un root, does that actually reinforce the warranty or is that just using deception to do so?

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks. Are there any (pretty much dummies) guides on how to root this phone and how not to lose anything?

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Actually, if I just were to root and have no custom roms (like the stock), would I still need to do all the backup and stuff or would it actually be very straight forward?
Thanks in advance

Masters2150

Apr 20, 2011
Turn on unknown sources and USB debugging.

Download SuperOneClick by shortfuse. Run superoneclick.exe as admin and click the root button.

No need to backup this has very low risk if any at all.

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
so if i just install superoneclick user, would i basically have a rooted phone? and i can use supercharger and the like?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then i suggest you root ; it helps alot. All the stock games that come with the phone take up around 50mb of space ; I've moved both adobe flash player and google maps to sd, deleted stuff i dont use i.e. default browser,timescape,all the SE facebook stuff, most of my apps are on my sd card and all of my games run smoothly (around half my apps are games) , another thing you might want to look into if you decide to root is the supercharger v6 which really speeds up the phone ( no idea how laggy your phone may or may not be with that much free space).
    It might be that you need a portion of that space to have available for the android market to store the download as its downloading, then to install it....

I think thats what I read a while ago.
    39mb of free space is just not enough ; the apps have to download the apk and install them-which requires seperate space and so much more space than the apps original file size (what it says on the market) is needed ; try moving apps to sd and if you have root uninstalling SE's bloatware.
    Also, my phone almost bricked I think... I updated ss launcher and powered off my phone, restarted it and it got stuck on Sony Ericsson logo. I took the battery out and it happened again but it's working now.. Should I be worried?

That happend me when i was rooting but i fixed it
    I dont think so ; the phone in my experience is unbrickable ( i have a locked bootloader) - Root should not brick your phone - use the zerg rush exploit/method and I have no experience with ss launcher. If you ever have a similar situation to what happened to you remove your battery for around 30 seconds and then put it back in , try a few reboots. If that doesn't work , download Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) and keep on trying to update/repair the software using that no to be confused with Sony Ericsson Pc Companion.

EDIT- I've rooted numerous times (due to me theming,trying out different things on my phone and generally just wanting a fresh install) and I have never had a problem with it - make sure you follow all instructions - if done correctly you should not brick and your data will be kept...