[Q] Hiding the persistent notifations?

Search This thread

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
So, we all know that some apps that are meant to always be running have this feature to place a constant notifcation in the statusbar which keeps the app from being killed off by Android... and now we got, in Jellybean, the possibility to hide notifcations from any app. If I do this with an app that has this enhanced priority notification running, will the app still remain "protected" from being killed? Or will the hiding of this notification result in the app being reduced back to its "regular" state?

Just wondering

Thanks,

So, we all know that some apps that are meant to always be running have this feature to place a constant notifcation in the statusbar which keeps the app from being killed off by Android... and now we got, in Jellybean, the possibility to hide notifcations from any app. If I do this with an app that has this enhanced priority notification running, will the app still remain "protected" from being killed? Or will the hiding of this notification result in the app being reduced back to its "regular" state?

Just wondering

Thanks,

Hiding will keep it protected. I tried it on CM10 JB. Installed Proximity Action, hide notification, then tried killing it with many task killers. But it wasn't killed.

This means even after hiding it is protected.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

Reactions: Kocane

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
Hiding will keep it protected. I tried it on CM10 JB. Installed Proximity Action, hide notification, then tried killing it with many task killers. But it wasn't killed.

Good way to test! Thanks for the answer :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just wondering

Thanks,