[Q] Internal storage not being detected

Search This thread

Poclypse901

Jun 5, 2013
I flashed e988 kdz rom on my e980. Now the phone's internal storage is no longer accessible. I tried to flash back the e980 rom which was in tot format. But lg flash tools comes up with an error saying wrong dll or file.
The phone's model number shows as E988 as well
Please help

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
I flashed e988 kdz rom on my e980. Now the phone's internal storage is no longer accessible. I tried to flash back the e980 rom which was in tot format. But lg flash tools comes up with an error saying wrong dll or file.
The phone's model number shows as E988 as well
Please help

To into recovery and wipe used data.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Poclypse901

Jun 5, 2013
To into recovery and wipe used data.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I wiped user data from recovery mode. On restarting it went back into recovery mode. That was the original issue because of which I had to flash the rom. Couldn't flash the rom for e980 so ended up flashing e988 and since then I do not have access to recovery or even the internal storage of my phone. :(

Poclypse901

Jun 5, 2013
Managed to flash CENTRAL AMERICA E980H kdz firmware on my e980AT.
I can access internal memory now, but only 10.1G is available. But this is good enough to root and install cwm recovery. I am looking for a kdz file for e980 as I am unable to install the tot file using the LGE980_20130314_LGFLASHv151.dll file. If anyone had a cwm or twrp installer for e980at. That will help.

techdeisel

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
LG Velvet
Same problem here haven't been able to fix yet was able to lgpnst back to stock then used the metheod described in another thread to root that newest value pack firmware once I had supersu tried fregeee to unlock/bypass bootloader but since all apps cant see any storage it said error cant download file so I searched til I found a easy twrp zip Windows installer it installed twrp and bypassed bootloader now my screens cracked so I cant use twrp because its all touch inteface but right where the swipe to confirm is that's where my screens cracked so next step get from twrp to cwm which I did by downloading philz flashable cwm extracted the recovery.img from it and used flashify to flash to it thought my problem may have been that storage was set wrong so booted into philz cwm set storage to data media rebooted still nothing moving on tried flashing a custom room apic I think it was by oblikas any how that didnt fix it either cuz now im stuck ina recovery bootloop so that's my input on what Ive done so far any further assistance appreciated greatly thx

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Poclypse901

Jun 5, 2013
Same problem here haven't been able to fix yet was able to lgpnst back to stock then used the metheod described in another thread to root that newest value pack firmware once I had supersu tried fregeee to unlock/bypass bootloader but since all apps cant see any storage it said error cant download file so I searched til I found a easy twrp zip Windows installer it installed twrp and bypassed bootloader now my screens cracked so I cant use twrp because its all touch inteface but right where the swipe to confirm is that's where my screens cracked so next step get from twrp to cwm which I did by downloading philz flashable cwm extracted the recovery.img from it and used flashify to flash to it thought my problem may have been that storage was set wrong so booted into philz cwm set storage to data media rebooted still nothing moving on tried flashing a custom room apic I think it was by oblikas any how that didnt fix it either cuz now im stuck ina recovery bootloop so that's my input on what Ive done so far any further assistance appreciated greatly thx

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

After flashing CENTRAL AMERICA E980H kdz, I was able to see 10.01gb internal memory on my phone. Then I rooted my phone (root for e980 as well as e988 work at this time). Then I installed Android Model Changer from playstore. Then made the following changes
Phone Model: LG-E980
Phone Name: geefhd_att_us
Device: geefhd
Manufacturer LGE
Brand: lge

and then saved the settings.
I downloaded the v10G firmware for e980 and flashed it with lg flash tools. Now my phone is back to normal