[GUIDE] How to port roms for Samsung Wave&Wave II

Search This thread

Blue59

Jul 31, 2013
Tekirdag
NOTE: For this guide you need Base Rom and Port Rom must be same version. You should port roms from Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Some roms gives error (unfortunately... phone has stopped) it stems from kernel. if you have this error you should try different kernels.

Requirements

* Notepad++
* 7zip

Let's start porting!

*Every changes Base to Port...

- Create two folders named Base and Port . Base rom for our wave rom. Port rom for Galaxy S rom. Extract roms these folders.
- In port rom delete Meta-inf folder and copy paste Meta-inf from base rom.
- Now open system folders for both roms. From base rom copy replace addon.d files to port rom.
- In base rom bin/adb, app-process, atrace, dalvikvm, mediaserver, rild, sensorservice, setmodel.sh, vold, wpa_cli, wpa_suplicant ; copy replace these files to port rom bin folder.
- In base rom etc folder copy replace all folders and files (without>> dhcpcd, permissions, ppp, security) to port rom etc folder.
- In base rom etc/permissions copy replace all files (without>> latform.xml, handheld_core_hardware.xml) to port rom etc/permissions
- In base rom lib folder copy-merge-replace (drm, egl, hw, soundfx, ssl) to port lib. and again from base in lib copy replace (libaudioeffect_jni, libaudioflinger, libaudioutils, libmocha_ril.so, libreference-ril.so, libril.so, libril-client.so, librilutils.so, libsensorservice, libsrs-client.so) to port rom lib
- In base rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml-eri.xml and storage.list.xml copy replace to port rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml
- Delete in port rom "usr and vendor" folders and from base rom copy paste "usr and vendor" folders.
- From base rom in xbin copy replace (su) to port rom in xbin
- open build.prop files in port and base rom
edit base rom's build.prop... copy replace these lines from port rom build.prop (ro.build.id= - ro.build.tags= ro.cm.version= ve ro.mod.version= / ro.config.ringtone=, ro.config.notification=, ro.config.alarm=) to base rom's build.prop and save-exit..
- Delete build.prop in port rom and paste build.prop from base rom
- It's finished now open 7z and compress Port rom folder (Meta-inf and system)

Done! You can enjoy your own Port Rom ;)

Last edited:

lollo78

Dec 9, 2008

tofifo

Jun 19, 2012
Hi Blue59 I appreciate what you mention in this post and I find very interesting.

Is a problem that commented on the following link and I asked in several forums but no one helps me.

http://xdaforums.com/samsung-tizen/general/help-to-developers-t2820149

I have install Master ICS ROM Docs and am happy with this rom and do not want to use another rom.

But the camera works at 50%, If can take pictures, but you can not record videos.

I want to do port the camera folders and options from another ROM where if can record videos and add them to the ICS ROM Docs Master

Can I change folders Docs Master ICS ROM that have to do with the camera ........and replace them with another ROM where I SI works for video recording as well get to record videos too with ICS ROM Master Docs ?

I mean doing what you said in initiation post

unknown

Oct 2, 2016
Hanoi
dohoangkhanhnam.blogspot.com
NOTE: For this guide you need Base Rom and Port Rom must be same version. You should port roms from Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Some roms gives error (unfortunately... phone has stopped) it stems from kernel. if you have this error you should try different kernels.

Requirements

* Notepad++
* 7zip

Let's start porting!

- Create two folders named Base and Port . Base rom for our wave rom. Port rom for Galaxy S rom. Extract roms these folders.
- Now open system folders for both roms. From base rom copy replace addon.d files to port rom.
- In base rom bin/adb, app-process, atrace, dalvikvm, mediaserver, rild, sensorservice, setmodel.sh, vold, wpa_cli, wpa_suplicant ; copy replace these files to port rom bin folder.
- In base rom etc folder copy replace all folders and files (without>> dhcpcd, permissions, ppp, security) to port rom etc folder.
- In base rom etc/permissions copy replace all files (without>> latform.xml, handheld_core_hardware.xml) to port rom etc/permissions
- In base rom lib folder copy-merge-replace (drm, egl, hw, soundfx, ssl) to port lib. and again from base in lib copy replace (libaudioeffect_jni, libaudioflinger, libaudioutils, libmocha_ril.so, libreference-ril.so, libril.so, libril-client.so, librilutils.so, libsensorservice, libsrs-client.so) to port rom lib
- In base rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml-eri.xml and storage.list.xml copy replace to port rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml
- Delete in port rom "usr and vendor" folders and from base rom copy paste "usr and vendor" folders.
edit base rom's build.prop... copy replace these lines from port rom build.prop (ro.build.id= - ro.build.tags= ro.cm.version= ve ro.mod.version= / ro.config.ringtone=, ro.config.notification=, ro.config.alarm=) to base rom's build.prop and save-exit..

what is the base rom l need to use
and can l use this guide to port cm 14??????????(from s1)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements

* Notepad++
    * 7zip

Let's start porting!