Super sensitive screen?!

Search This thread

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
does the lg g pad 8.3 have the special super sensitive technology. I noticed it works with gloves and any metal objects. Also i dont even have to touch my screen and the tablet already recognises my touch. This is amazing, how come lg do not promote this

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

5warafat1

Nov 17, 2012
The lg g pad doesn't. It's the s4 that has the air view technology.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Vietanh198

Feb 27, 2013
Hanoi
does the lg g pad 8.3 have the special super sensitive technology. I noticed it works with gloves and any metal objects. Also i dont even have to touch my screen and the tablet already recognises my touch. This is amazing, how come lg do not promote this

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can confirm this. Sometimes my fingers are 1mm away from the screen and the Gpad already senses that as a touch. Sometimes my earphones'cords can make the screen react too.

muiriddin

Feb 25, 2013
Mid-Atlantic
I can confirm this. Sometimes my fingers are 1mm away from the screen and the Gpad already senses that as a touch. Sometimes my earphones'cords can make the screen react too.

I can confirm that my touch screen on the g-pad is definitely the most sensitive of the devices I own (kindle fire, kindle fire hd, g-pad, gs3). It does seem that it is detecting a touch before I touch the screen sometimes although I can not say that I have done any sort of testing of this.

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Yes this is true. I tried it with my gloves on and the screen still works (normal gloves) and sometimes my headphone cable and charger cable can interact with the screen too. Metal pens also seem to work....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drakull

May 14, 2011
Recife
Moto Z3 Play
Sorry to revive the topic but I also feel that my g pag screen is too sensitive and I ***HATE*** this. It captures too many unintended touches.
Is there a patch or kernel setting to adjust this? Please help.

Reactions: fostermd
Jul 28, 2009
Sorry to revive the topic but I also feel that my g pag screen is too sensitive and I ***HATE*** this. It captures too many unintended touches.

If you are rooted, use root explorer and browse to /system/usr/idc/ and edit the touch_dev.idc file. Look for the line that says touch.pressure.scale and change from 0.004 to 0.01 then reboot

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
Yeah it's intended to be that sensitive for our own convenience! Gloves, metal tip of pens, knives, keys!
I almost always use it with the blunt edge of the 'knife' of my pocket multitool to avoid having grease on my screen!

scott46

Feb 5, 2013
Los Gatos
Are there any other options to reduce the sensitivity without rooting? When I hold the tablet in one hand it sometimes picks up touches at the side of the screen

zdravke

Jul 24, 2011
If you are rooted, use root explorer and browse to /system/usr/idc/ and edit the touch_dev.idc file. Look for the line that says touch.pressure.scale and change from 0.004 to 0.01 then reboot

I tried, and it does not work. I went up to 0.05. I can still swipe the screen with my finger without touching it.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Not even 0.1 works. This setting is probably not related at all to touchscreen sensitivity.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Tried with 1 as well which is default value - i can still swipe by hoovering my finger 1mm from the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.