Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

Search This thread

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
****** UPDATE - Foxfi is no longer free - This hack still works!*******

Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.

Here's what you need:

SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.

Here is the procedure:

1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.

2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"

3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.

4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"

5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.

When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!

Hope this helps.

totally needed this for my Razr M since i lost interwebs at home now that its sim unlocked on Simple Mobile! unlimited HSPA+ POWER!:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

wonka144

Jul 28, 2013
Hotspot

Hello Colleagues,

I have RazrMaxx HD (unlocked and rooted) and I have problem with mobile hotspot.
Configuration is going well, computer connects with Android hotspot, Android have connection with Internet,
but computer show no connection to Internet.

Where could be the problem?

Regards
Rafal

Same thing is happening to me it's driving me nuts!! (XT926 Rooted..Unlocked...Twrp...Liquidsmooth 4.2)

I'm using stock wifi app and yes did the SQLite mod.. Windows 7 see's the SSID connects to it no problem but for some reason no internet occasionally it will say I have internet access but have never been able to load a page. I've used this set up on the same laptop using my old xt912 without a glitch.

Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong :(

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
Well I was using WiFi Tether 3.2 beta 2 on stock rooted VZW 4.1.2 and it worked fine.

I unlocked my bootloader using the exploit, installed custom recovery and flashed CM 4.2.2 and now I can't get any version of WiFi Tether to work no matter what options I select. Damn it.

Reactions: gf1723

dvgb173

Same thing is happening to me it's driving me nuts!! (XT926 Rooted..Unlocked...Twrp...Liquidsmooth 4.2)

I'm using stock wifi app and yes did the SQLite mod.. Windows 7 see's the SSID connects to it no problem but for some reason no internet occasionally it will say I have internet access but have never been able to load a page. I've used this set up on the same laptop using my old xt912 without a glitch.

Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong :(

There is a fix for that problem. It involves finding and deleting a DHCP folder.
You will have to search for it.

Doug B.

wonka144

Jul 28, 2013
DHCP

DHCP at the android side or windows 7 side?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

If Android side would I be able to use an app manager and simply delete the temp files in folder? Did a quick search found very little about this topic. Thanks for your help

dvgb173

DHCP at the android side or windows 7 side?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

If Android side would I be able to use an app manager and simply delete the temp files in folder? Did a quick search found very little about this topic. Thanks for your help
Android. Go to /data/misc/dhcp and delete all the files in it.

Doug B.

gf1723

Jun 13, 2013
Well I was using WiFi Tether 3.2 beta 2 on stock rooted VZW 4.1.2 and it worked fine.

I unlocked my bootloader using the exploit, installed custom recovery and flashed CM 4.2.2 and now I can't get any version of WiFi Tether to work no matter what options I select. Damn it.

A couple months ago I couldn't get any wireless tether app to work on stock rooted 4.1.2. Now I'm back on stock after some annoying bugs in other ROMs. Just tried this version out and IRS working perfectly! Thanks!

sent via Tapatalk

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I got the wifi tether app to work! Here's some screen shots of my settings. I'd tell you what I changed but I don't remember.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378328498011.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328498011.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 409
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328510110.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328510110.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 371
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328524142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328524142.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 352
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328534783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328534783.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 342
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328544398.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328544398.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 322
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328554918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328554918.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 303
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328566647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328566647.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 296
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328579487.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328579487.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 289
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378328603933.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378328603933.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 299
Reactions: madkel

talkl

Nov 23, 2013
Android. Go to /data/misc/dhcp and delete all the files in it.

Doug B.

I did what you told me, it gets a connection, says internet access, but still doesn't load page, the error i get is
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I was told that my carrier slows down the speed to 64 KBS with tethering, but it should still work, doesn't it?

Reactions: morisios

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
I did what you told me, it gets a connection, says internet access, but still doesn't load page, the error i get is
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I was told that my carrier slows down the speed to 64 KBS with tethering, but it should still work, doesn't it?

I tried the same thing, no luck. I have successful USB tethering but no go with WIFI. Which is sort of OK, except I can't tether my tablet. As long as this had been going on, I'm surprised no one has stumbled on a fix, it's been months now. FYI, after spending a lot of time Googling the specific folder mentioned to clear out, it appears that is more aimed at the WFII connection for the phone itself, especially since I was able to see my router name in one of the files.

Michael Sygo

Dec 30, 2010
This process with the SQ light works just fine you have to follow the directions exactly

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
This process with the SQ light works just fine you have to follow the directions exactly

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well obviously we've gotten beyond doing the entitlement hack with SQL or we wouldn't be able to use the hotspot at all. The problem is that the hotspot is working for blue tether and tethering, but won't connect to the internet over wifi.

2useless

Nov 14, 2012
I am using the 'entitlement_check' workaround on my Verizon 9.18.94.XT926 (Razr Maxx HD). It is rooted but locked.

When I activate the mobile hotspot on my cell, my computer and others' phones are able to see the activate hotspot. However, my PS3 and tablet (Nexus 7) do not see my cell's hotspot. What is even more baffling, is that when I use FoxFi, the PS3 and tablet see my cell's hotspot, no problem. Does this have something to do with the DHCP settings or what? Many thanks!

Reactions: levikoehn

levikoehn

Dec 12, 2012
I am using the 'entitlement_check' workaround on my Verizon 9.18.94.XT926 (Razr Maxx HD). It is rooted but locked.

When I activate the mobile hotspot on my cell, my computer and others' phones are able to see the activate hotspot. However, my PS3 and tablet (Nexus 7) do not see my cell's hotspot. What is even more baffling, is that when I use FoxFi, the PS3 and tablet see my cell's hotspot, no problem. Does this have something to do with the DHCP settings or what? Many thanks!

I have this precise problem I'm at a loss.....thought it might be an issue with my computer haven't had a chance to verify this. thanks for asking this!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****** UPDATE - Foxfi is no longer free - This hack still works!*******

Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.

Here's what you need:

SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.

Here is the procedure:

1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.

2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"

3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.

4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"

5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.

When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!

Hope this helps.
    You talking about this mod in this thread when you say wifi tether, or something else?
    Thanks

I'm talking about the WiFi Tether app.

First root and then download v3.2 Beta 2 from here:

https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Then go into the app and go to settings->Change Device-Profile and choose "generic ICS/JB (wlan0)"

That seems to work best on this device (read that somewhere else on the forums.)

I'm using that method and it works great.
    Hey guys...If you go to the Google development website android-wifi-tether (Wireless Tether for Root Users) http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ and download the apk - wifi_tether_v3_2-beta2.apk. Just go to 'Settings' > 'Change Device-Profile' > select "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0). Enter your SSID and Passphrase and it works great without having to purchase an app. Note: I have tried wifi_tether_v3_3-pre1 & 2.apk and can confirm that they do not work with VZW Razr HD XT926. Enjoy the Free Stuff!!!!:good:
    I know I'm enjoying my Razr Maxx HD.. Even though I finally had to charge it after 24+ hours of use.. Sending this post via my iPhone 5! (Don't hate, I'm an equal opportunity user)

Sent from my iPhone 5