[Q] Crazy Johns/Vodafone APN settings???

Search This thread

ajgftw

Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Hi Everyone,

My Phone:
Lt15i
Baseband 70
Stock kernel with CWM
Arconium ICS

My Problem:

After going to a custom rom and kernel from a complete stock setup I cannot get a data conection on my phone. All other features work perfectly (Call, sms, wifi etc) just no 3g/2g data connection, or icon in the status bar. the Settings menu indicates it is turned on.

I have exhausted all available options regarding kernel/rom troubleshooting including a complete reinstall on the above rom/kernel. I also experienced this problem with other roms and kernels.

During setup I follow the setup app and download the apn settings for Crazy Johns (my carrier) and they report as being installed.

My question:

If anyone who is using Crazy Johns currently and has it working could please post their apn settings (text or screen shot whatever is easier) so I can compare these to mine and change as necessary.

Any and all suggestions for fixing this are welcome.

pvyParts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Hi Everyone,

My Phone:
Lt15i
Baseband 70
Stock kernel with CWM
Arconium ICS

My Problem:

After going to a custom rom and kernel from a complete stock setup I cannot get a data conection on my phone. All other features work perfectly (Call, sms, wifi etc) just no 3g/2g data connection, or icon in the status bar. the Settings menu indicates it is turned on.

I have exhausted all available options regarding kernel/rom troubleshooting including a complete reinstall on the above rom/kernel. I also experienced this problem with other roms and kernels.

During setup I follow the setup app and download the apn settings for Crazy Johns (my carrier) and they report as being installed.

My question:

If anyone who is using Crazy Johns currently and has it working could please post their apn settings (text or screen shot whatever is easier) so I can compare these to mine and change as necessary.

tried hitting up there web site and getting them sent to your device manualy?

PVy.

Reactions: ajgftw

ajgftw

Apr 20, 2012
Perth

PVy.

Yeah, tried getting it sent to me, entering it in manually, even tried entering various variations of it I had found on the net. Still no connection.

Everything worked perfectly when it was stock, and when i first flashed a new rom onto the phone (arconium 8.2 i think) it worked then too. but every rom since it hasn't.

I'm still quite new to this and my knowledge isnt too deep yet.

Could flashing roms or kernels effect the serial numbers of my phone or something and now my carrier doesn't recognize my phone?

I do still receive calls and sms...

It's got me beat!

pvyParts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Yeah, tried getting it sent to me, entering it in manually, even tried entering various variations of it I had found on the net. Still no connection.

Everything worked perfectly when it was stock, and when i first flashed a new rom onto the phone (arconium 8.2 i think) it worked then too. but every rom since it hasn't.

I'm still quite new to this and my knowledge isnt too deep yet.

Could flashing roms or kernels effect the serial numbers of my phone or something and now my carrier doesn't recognize my phone?

I do still receive calls and sms...

It's got me beat!

Hmmm I think you phone is fine must be just the settings.

What does it say? Any errors? Can you grab a log too see if it says something there. Check my Sig for how to get logs etc.

Pvy

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

ajgftw

Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Solved....Hopefully.

Hmmm I think you phone is fine must be just the settings.

What does it say? Any errors? Can you grab a log too see if it says something there. Check my Sig for how to get logs etc.

Pvy

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Well props to you, you were right in suggesting it was settings related. I tried a different sim card from a different carrier and after following the setup procedure I had a 3g data connection. This of course means the problem lies with my sim card/carrier settings and not the rom or kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,

My Phone:
    Lt15i
    Baseband 70
    Stock kernel with CWM
    Arconium ICS

My Problem:

My question:

PVy.