[APP][2.1+] NEXT LAUNCHER by Go Dev Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

badgone88

Mar 12, 2012
Lyon
Hi all,

Go Dev Team has provided a new launcher, still in beta test : Next Launcher, with 3D effects, smooth transitions, integration widgets, and more is coming.

Go Dev Team recommends have a phone running at least on Android 2.3.3, with a dual core processor, a screen resolution of 800x480 to take advantage of the application.

Here a video : Youtube

Here is download link :

See screenshots in attachment.

What's new on V3 :

1.(New) Slide up/down on the Dock to switch the status of screens (‘Screen preview’ or ‘Screen edit’ status)

2.(New) Drag the icons which on the Dock (Long press an icon—> Drag it to the screen-area or reverse from the screen)

3.(New) Change the wallpaper (Long press the screen—> Wallpaper —> Choose a wallpaper)

4.(New) Whirl icons or reset them (Lone press an icon —> Click ‘Whirl’ or ‘Reset (3rd and 4th option in the pop-up menu))

5.(Fix) Some bugs from users’ feedback

Older versions :

Attachments

• Capture-d__cran-2012-11-09-_-19.17.161.jpg
    Capture-d__cran-2012-11-09-_-19.17.161.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 5,919
  • Next_Launcher_v0.1_Beta1.jpeg
    Next_Launcher_v0.1_Beta1.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5,148
Last edited by a moderator:

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
I am using this launcher from very begining.What i have noticed that with adding the new fetures it looses its smoothness.

Reactions: critofur

Izy

Yes its really smooth this and I like the new features effects.

Also the fact the grid on desktop for icons isn't locked.

All I need is a skinning option and the go launchers free memory option and I'm set.

Sent from Moto Atrix 4g on Neutrino 2.91

redspeed

Jan 21, 2011
The original go launcher runs a bit sluggish on my HTC G2. Guess Im out for this one... :(

badgone88

Mar 12, 2012
Lyon
Think again :)
This Next Launcher is very different than Go Launcher : lighter, smoother, more responsive...
I'm actually surprised he was developed by Go Dev Team :)
I run on Xperia X10, and this is perfect !

Reactions: arabology

mausanna

Account currently disabled
Jul 6, 2011
Usa
cutt.ly
i tryed an older version i think, in my sgs+ and crashed every time...hope this is a more stable version... i'm going to download it...
thnx anyway for your work.:D

Reactions: badgone88

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Let go dev to add all features . It is a big challenge for them to keep launcher smoothness as well as mem used same as it has now.

b1ue

Jan 24, 2012
Carolina
First impressions are very good...looking forward to seeing how this progresses:thumbup:

Sent out of the blue

killchain

Oct 6, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
This looks like a fork of GO with more bling at the cost of less features. I am not impressed and probably won't try it again any soon - I am mostly happy with GO Launcher EX.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Do you have permission from the Go team to post and support this? If not then the I would advice that you contact them before opening a thread on this. They do not have the greatest track record here so be careful.

badgone88

Mar 12, 2012
Lyon
Uh ... Indeed, I had not thought of. I sent them an email as requested, I expect a response from them.

Can I know what happened with Go dev team ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Go Dev Team has provided a new launcher, still in beta test : Next Launcher, with 3D effects, smooth transitions, integration widgets, and more is coming.

Go Dev Team recommends have a phone running at least on Android 2.3.3, with a dual core processor, a screen resolution of 800x480 to take advantage of the application.

Here a video : Youtube

Here is download link :

See screenshots in attachment.

What's new on V3 :

1.(New) Slide up/down on the Dock to switch the status of screens (‘Screen preview’ or ‘Screen edit’ status)

2.(New) Drag the icons which on the Dock (Long press an icon—> Drag it to the screen-area or reverse from the screen)

3.(New) Change the wallpaper (Long press the screen—> Wallpaper —> Choose a wallpaper)

4.(New) Whirl icons or reset them (Lone press an icon —> Click ‘Whirl’ or ‘Reset (3rd and 4th option in the pop-up menu))

5.(Fix) Some bugs from users’ feedback

Older versions :
    Uh ... Indeed, I had not thought of. I sent them an email as requested, I expect a response from them.

Can I know what happened with Go dev team ?

They tend to not support the apps outside of what is popular in China and there were concerns raised about privacy with the GO SMS app and keyboard. They refused to explain and stopped posting in the thread when called out. Now while I understand there are things that are OK in china when it comes to collecting personal data but that is not the case everywhere. Until they get back to you I am closing this thread. You have to have dev permission to make threads about their apps.

As for above post. XDA us about learning as much as sharing. The main focus is on development

Sent from Arkham
    The approach of most developers is to follow market trends. No developer will get anywhere if we always have to support "legacy" devices. This is evident when you look at whats happening with library support for arm 6 devices. I also use a now "legacy" phone, because this little phone has given me great mileage.
    I started using Go Launcher Ex and that was it, I was sold. Till the v3 series came out and the launcher just became bloat, which would only run on better powered devices. One forum user actually told me to get a better device because I mentioned the memory issues in the newer versions.
    This being said, it's also a good idea not to lose focus of your target market. Nova and Apex do very well because those launchers are fast and have enough features to switch on and off to run on any device. New and exciting features do make apps more popular, but if the Go team start building in ways for us to disable features we do not need at all and still give a nice smooth, fast, good looking user experience, they might be able to gain back their user base.

To those users who sit here and slander, use foul language and the like. Android is about choice, xda is about sharing with the community. If you don't like something, simply chose something else.

I for one am excited to see where the Go team will take this.
    Ill be keeping an eye on this...Thanks for showing!!
    I am using this launcher from very begining.What i have noticed that with adding the new fetures it looses its smoothness.