Sailfish OS Port for Galaxy Ace II request [libhybris] [jolla] [sailfishos]

• Thread starter Deleted member 3849416
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3849416

Hello,

First I want to thank everyone that contributed in development of software for our Samsung Galaxy Ace II. Especially Team Canjica, Rox and many many others! :)

Jolla, the producent of Sailfish OS, has just released the LibHybris 1.0, which allows the devs to build the Sailfish OS for ANY Android device running CyanogenMod 10.1. It is THE BIG CHANCE for our device!

Sailfish OS is a lot faster and smoother OS than Android. Our device with just 768 MB RAM and dual core Novathor CPU should perform a lot better on Sailfish than on Android. And it is possible to run Android apps on Sailfish too! :)

http://www.jollausers.com/2014/07/sailfish-os-hardware-adaptation-dev-kit-release-1-0/

So I want to ask our great community to try to port Sailfish OS for our device. We have the very good working CM 10.1, so we should try! It can be the second life for our device ;)

I hope we will start the great discussion and the devs will be helpful :)

Please, port this amazing system to Ace II :)

Cheers

grandesballo

Jan 30, 2013
I dig this! If someone wanted to develop this i would be happy to try this os.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: XDAMANTU
G

GuestK00430

Even though I'm migrating to the fastest android phone ever, if SailfishOS is released for the Ace 2, I would be a VERY happy man! Please make it happen! Many of us don't use the Ace 2 for 3D gaming anyway, so a lack of apps on SailfishOS is negligible! :good:

D

Deleted member 3849416

Only the kernel from CM 10.1 is used for drivers purposes. Anything else is just pure Sailfish, and it should be A LOT MORE FLUID AND FAST than any Android version.

D

Deleted member 3849416

...if you say so..ok, thx for clarification. but you know , that newer kernels(10.2 minimum) are main source of speed of actual roms? Even not roms itself, you know..
I dont think that kernel in CM 10.1 is a lot different than kernel from CM 11. We must ask @Rox, but I think that backporting some features from CM11's kernel wont be too hard. Lets hope so :)

grandesballo

Jan 30, 2013
As far ad I know, android apps work only on the original jolla phone. Porting does not support them yet.
Source: a friend of mine installed it on the nexus 4

kjub6

Sep 22, 2009
Hi don't get me wrong IS looks great but don't know about devs.. To be honest here is lack of drugs and I think that for android L wait more people than for this.... On the other hand would be use full to contact someone from other teams that have recently ported the latest versions to ace2 if they don't plan to do it again... But this is not you have asked for.... I know. But the community for android is bigger sorry for that and clean one runs the smoothest yeah not clean but with lot of use full features like from carbon.... But if there is a def that likes this more than android l... Would be happy to try also this out.... But have to pedal for community too to consider the total demand over local projects

Bilgets

Oct 27, 2011
Jakarta
just my guess, android 5.0 needs updated binary whilst the sailfish need only binary up to cm 10.1

so there will be a bit performance gap because of driver needed :)

but well that was just a wild guess :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3849416
    Hello,

First I want to thank everyone that contributed in development of software for our Samsung Galaxy Ace II. Especially Team Canjica, Rox and many many others! :)

Jolla, the producent of Sailfish OS, has just released the LibHybris 1.0, which allows the devs to build the Sailfish OS for ANY Android device running CyanogenMod 10.1. It is THE BIG CHANCE for our device!

Sailfish OS is a lot faster and smoother OS than Android. Our device with just 768 MB RAM and dual core Novathor CPU should perform a lot better on Sailfish than on Android. And it is possible to run Android apps on Sailfish too! :)

http://www.jollausers.com/2014/07/sailfish-os-hardware-adaptation-dev-kit-release-1-0/

So I want to ask our great community to try to port Sailfish OS for our device. We have the very good working CM 10.1, so we should try! It can be the second life for our device ;)

I hope we will start the great discussion and the devs will be helpful :)

Please, port this amazing system to Ace II :)

Cheers
    I dig this! If someone wanted to develop this i would be happy to try this os.

Supposedly most android apps should be compatible too so this should be a fun experience