Newbie resource links for Sapphire/HTC Magic

Search This thread

Reignzone

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Very thorough.

I must admit; I don't exactly consider myself to be a "scrub" when it comes to handling various phone "mods." However, it's always nice to look back and review past trends. :cool:

Thanks for the post.

archangel52005

Jun 28, 2008
Seattle
I have Windows 7 RC installed and so I had issues installing the USB Driver from the SDK I hope this helps others too

For WinVista/Win7
These OS will install Android as a mass storage device. You must uninstall the driver and update to the android driver model.

Instructions:
1) Unplug all removable devices(thumb drive, sdcards, etc) beside the Android phone.
2) Locate "Device Manager", usually under "control panel"
3) Select "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
4) Select USB Mass Storage Device.
Note: to check if you have the correct device, click on the details tab and select "compatible ids" under properties. There should be three items listed under value.
5) Select uninstall driver
6) Close the window. Now in device manager a new "Android Phone USB device" with a yellow! will appear... If not, Unplug your android device or select Action -> Scan.
Note: view optional steps below if you still have problem with the your windows automatically installing drivers.
7) Click on the "Android Phone USB device"
8) Select "browse my computer to driver software"
9) Under "search this location for driver", Browse for the location that you have unzip the android_usb_windows and select the corresponding folder for your system(AMD64 for 64bit systems or x86 for 32bit systems. Right click -> properties on "My Computer" to check which system you have)

The driver is now installed and is ready to use.r

***Optional.
1. Go to System under Control Pandel.
2. Click on Hardware Tab and Under "Device Installation" select “Never search windows update for drivers”, then OK.
3. Go to Enable debugging on your phone. (Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging).
4. Run USBDeview and remove all instances of Android Phone
5. Unplug your phone, and plug it in again.
7. Continue on step 7) above.

shadowzhou35

Nov 8, 2009
my magic 32A does not work with 3Gnet, the signal is gone when i choose the 3G. Is it the problem of radio? should I flash radio again? Where can i find the radio?

microage1

Sep 17, 2009
magic sync

dear all my magic is not syncking with my computer and i have the android sync software on my pc could you help plz

nowusman

Apr 29, 2010
HTC Magic: Fastboot Cannot Load 'recovery.img'

Dear Experts,

I am new to HTC magic. I am trying to install cyanogenMod's custom rom. I have followed all instructions from wiki. cyanogenmod. com

But as soon as I try to execute "fastboot boot RA-sapphire-v1.6.2H.img" there comes error "Cannot Load RA-sapphire-v1.6.2H.img". My phone is in fastboot mod & I can see its serial in CMD on my vista agsint "fastboot devices".

Detail of my device is as under:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0008 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17
Apr 29 2009,02:28:53

Anyone can please guide me? I have andriod os v1.5. I want to upgrade it.

Regards
Usman

magicmen

May 5, 2010
help me

:confused:I need to know if anyone knows where to find the HTC Magic RUU

INFO DEVICE

dvt 32A SHIP S-OFF H
HBOOT 1.76.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD 6
RADIO-6.35.08.29

Does such a thing even exist?

Thanks, PLEASE HELP ME:eek:

Jul 10, 2010
Thanks !

Thanks a lot buddy.

You did a great job in putting all of this together for newbies.

Keep up the good work. God bless!!!

atlmatt

Feb 14, 2009
I have a My touch 3g Slide, and I am looking to root it and put on CM6

I have rooted my G1 and had CM6 but today it died....

can anyone point me in the direction to root the 3g slide? Or do I just follow the MTG directions?

gliazzurra

Jun 1, 2010
Hi,

I am a newbie in this whole flashing/rooting thingy, so pls forgive my naivety.

I'm currently using HTC magic with official HTC update (with Sense UI):
32A, HBOOT 1.76.0007, RADIO 6.35.07.29.

I do have a few questions:

1. Do I need to do any preparation (rooting, recovery) prior to the instructions found in first Post?

It says:

Code:
Proper Install Guide for 0.7.7

-Extract the zip file you have downloaded
-Place the two newly found zips on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery
-IF YOU WISH TO SAVE YOUR APPS AND DATA FROM PREVIOUS BUILD, DO A NANDROID BACKUP NOW(people who would like to wipe all, should skip this step)
-WIPE DATA
-Flash Partition_Layout.zip and wait for it to reboot back to recovery
-[b]IF YOU DID NANDROID BACKUP PREVIOUSLY, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO A NANDROID RESTORE[b](people who have decided to do a wipe should skip this step)
-Flash Smoki_0.7.7.zip
-IF YOU DECIDED TO NOT WIPE, FLASH APP PACK OVER OR YOU'll GET FC IN ACCOUNTS AND SYNC
-Reboot

2. How do I do a Nandroid backup?

I tried reading on Amon_RA recovery. It seems that I need to root my phone before I can install the recovery. I find it challenging to root my phone, is there a comprehensive guide that I can refer to?

3. Can I proceed to flash the ROM without Nandroid backup?

4. How do i flash Partition_Layout.zip?

Do I just place it in /sdcard, and type
"fastboot flash Partition_Layout.zip"

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts