[Q] [Audio Problem]: Screeching Audio (except Radio FM)
I'm new here. I have extensively search this forum to find an answer to my problem.
I have a re-branded phone, myPhone a919i from the Philippines or the Micromax A116.
All my audio, is producing a "screeching" sound; like "kshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". I can't play properly all media that requires sound.
I have also read that this might be due to voltage supply of my speaker and headset port.
Here's a very odd diagnosis.
1. When listening to any media with sound, it produces a screeching sound.
2. When listening to any media even with headset or loudspeaker, it produces a screeching sound.
3. When using loudspeaker in a call, it also does that.
4. I can't hear my friend on the other side when not on speaker.
5. When using loudspeaker while on RADIO FM, it screeches.
5. But when I'm listening to FM radio using headset, everything's normal.
So basically, to listen peacefully amidst of chaos, Radio FM is my friend.
Stuffs I tried:
1. Restore my backup from TWRP before this happened. -> Same thing.
2. Restore to Factory Settings. -> Same thing.
3. Tried 3 Custom ROM's -> Successful Flashing but sound screeches.
4. Voltage Control downloaded via Google Play -> Set the Governor to "ondemand" and WOAH it return to normal. But the happiness is short-lived. It goes back "randomly" to its screeching habit.
It's getting frustrating because I can't exactly pin-point the cause of this issue. But I still pray it's software, because on Radio FM, everything works fine when using headset. I don't know though if experts here would agree to me. I need your expert advice.
Can anybody lend me a hand?
Custom ROMs I've tried:
- YONIP v3.5
- YONIP v5
- StarkHD 4.2.1
Thank you in advance.