how to fix a bricked phone.

Search This thread

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
How do i rescue my bricked phone!
well the answer lies within this thread.
how do you brick a phone
well, there are many ways you can brick a phone.​
1. you install the wrong software
2.you install a 'broken' rom
3. you install a recovery that isnt supported for our phone
4.or you were messing with your bootloader
etc etc... you get the point
how to rescue a bricked x8
1st: If you have done a soft brick then you can boot into xrecovery and restore your latest backup. easy
2:if restoring doesn'twork or you have a hard brick then you should either launch:SEUS (sony ericsson update service) or pc companion. click update and follow the steps.
3:if none of that works then you will have to send it off to se. if you dont get some kind of phone company to fix it then its as useless as a real brick lol or a replica of a phone.
3:you can use a flashtool to fix it as well. if you open flashtool you usally get a number of options such as unlock bootloader etc. there should be an option where you can restore it. (lol i think)
Cheers
i hope it helped. if it did then please do press the thanks button.:D
-wilbso

Last edited:

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
Soft Brick is the common brick we get.
Hard Brick is a brick you can only get with messing with the bootloader. There's no complete brick.

Say something about flashtool too.

montekristo

Jul 23, 2011
PÄRNU
X8

I bricked my phone while a opened bootloader.Phone was not recognized SIM and i havent data connection too.SE PC repair does not helped me,backup file as well.Only helpful tool was S1Tool with "restore" button.It fixes my phone and i opened bootloader again with success!
Thanks for developers!!!
X8;OPENED BOOTLOADER;nAa kernel;DUAL TOUCH;GINGERXPERIA V17 2.3.7

Reactions: tngultimate

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
I bricked my phone while a opened bootloader.Phone was not recognized SIM and i havent data connection too.SE PC repair does not helped me,backup file as well.Only helpful tool was S1Tool with "restore" button.It fixes my phone and i opened bootloader again with success!
Thanks for developers!!!

Quite a few people repaired their phones with s1 tool. Iv never actually hard bricked my phone. IV done soft brick> bootloop but I fixed that be restoring a backed in xrecovery so these replies I
Getting are quite helpful. As long as your phone is repaired everything is alright. :)

sent from my x8 running gingerdx

benga_mircea

Feb 3, 2012
Focsani
Hello, can you please help me! I bricked my xperia neo, while trying to update se tweaked rom v 8.5. Now i'm facing the "sony ericsson" screen, totaly blocked. I've tried many times to flash it, whith wotan client, flash tool, but it's imposible to enter flash mode again, no green led, only bocked se screen, please help!!! how did you manage o get into flash mode?

B

B.Jay

I bricked my xperia neo, while trying to update se tweaked rom v 8.5. Now i'm facing the "sony ericsson" screen, totaly blocked. I've tried many times to flash it, whith wotan client, flash tool, but it's imposible to enter flash mode again, no green led, only bocked se screen, please help!!! how did you manage o get into flash mode?

On the W/X8 and X10 mini/Pro you can get into FLASH MODE by keeping the back button pressed while connecting the TURNED OFF phone by USB.

That being said, you have a NEO which doesn't work that way.

Your phone has "fastboot" - to get there ... turn off the phone, keep the bottom right key pressed and connect the USB cable to the PC.

What you have to do from there on out is either best asked in the RIGHT subforum or through Google research.

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
On the W/X8 and X10 mini/Pro you can get into FLASH MODE by keeping the back button pressed while connecting the TURNED OFF phone by USB.

That being said, you have a NEO which doesn't work that way.

Your phone has "fastboot" - to get there ... turn off the phone, keep the bottom right key pressed and connect the USB cable to the PC.

What you have to do from there on out is either best asked in the RIGHT subforum or through Google research.

how did you get this thread back up?

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

benga_mircea

Feb 3, 2012
Focsani
Thank you for your help, but I can't acces flash mode or fastboot mode again, lika I use to, after I connect the batery, push the back button, insert the usb, a few seconds and the "sony ericsson" screen pops up again and stays blocked.:( I think I've killed my phone

B

B.Jay

Well, for as long as you see the SONY ERICSSON boot logo - and I'm assuming from the way the X8 works here - the boot loader and kernel are intact; there's just a problem boot-strapping the system ROM (shot system, bad flash).

The real problem is that Fastboot isn't comparable to the Flash Mode of our phones ... it's very different.

In your stead I would try to find out how you can perform a "disaster restore" (like we do with our W/X8 through Flash Mode and Flashtool) by flashing back to stock.

Anyway ... just to repeat it ...

1. You need to TURN OFF your phone and DISCONNECT it from the computer/charger.
2. You insert the USB connector into JUST your phone.
3. You press the bottom/right button (also "Back"?) and keep it pressed while you connect the USB to the computer.

Once the phone connected to the computer as a (wild guess!) "Flash Device" or "Fastboot Device" you need the apropriate tool(s) and Stock ROM image - in case PC Companion refuses to repair your phone.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Any chance this thread (in the Xperia Neo General section) could be of any help to you?

benga_mircea

Feb 3, 2012
Focsani
Well, for as long as you see the SONY ERICSSON boot logo - and I'm assuming from the way the X8 works here - the boot loader and kernel are intact; there's just a problem boot-strapping the system ROM (shot system, bad flash).

The real problem is that Fastboot isn't comparable to the Flash Mode of our phones ... it's very different.

In your stead I would try to find out how you can perform a "disaster restore" (like we do with our W/X8 through Flash Mode and Flashtool) by flashing back to stock.

Anyway ... just to repeat it ...

1. You need to TURN OFF your phone and DISCONNECT it from the computer/charger.
2. You insert the USB connector into JUST your phone.
3. You press the bottom/right button (also "Back"?) and keep it pressed while you connect the USB to the computer.

Once the phone connected to the computer as a (wild guess!) "Flash Device" or "Fastboot Device" you need the apropriate tool(s) and Stock ROM image - in case PC Companion refuses to repair your phone.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Any chance this thread (in the Xperia Neo General section) could be of any help to you?
Thanks! I tried like 50 times, and nothing, the ennoing "sony ericsson" is booting (no sony ericsson logo as usualy, just the writing) I flashed 10 times in the past whith no problem. Now, even when I put it to charge ( wall charge) the phone is turning on showing that stupid "sony ericsson" writting, I cant shut it down from the on\off button. Before killling it, I've instales stock MT15i_4.0.A.2.368_GLOBAL ROM, then I upgraded to MT15i_4.0.2.A.0.42_Global, then rooted with DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su, Installed CWM( wiped cache, updated SE tweaked v8.5 Rom) After the restart, the "se" writting started booting. I've pulled out the batery, and begined flashing it with flash tool(no green led).The flashing started and my little brother accidentaly pulled out the Usb cable; that's the whole story! I've tried like 100 times with wotan, flash tool and FlashTool_0.2.9.1_FOTAUnbrick, no result, even if pc companion tells me "phone conected" and gives me further instructions whith the phone being dead, and the flash tool showing me to connect de device... Thank you for all the help, hope there is a solution. sorry for the long post and my bad english...

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

04/040/2012 23:40:02 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode
04/040/2012 23:40:04 - INFO - Device disconnected
04/040/2012 23:40:06 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
04/040/2012 23:40:06 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode
04/040/2012 23:40:07 - INFO - Device disconnected
04/040/2012 23:40:10 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
04/040/2012 23:40:10 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode
04/040/2012 23:40:18 - INFO - Device disconnected
04/040/2012 23:40:35 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
04/040/2012 23:40:35 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode
Flash tooll results when trying to connect (pulling batery-10 secs, back butoon, usb cable)

B

B.Jay

The flashing started and my little brother accidentaly pulled out the Usb cable; that's the whole story!

Whoa... that's what I call a "security vulnerability".

If the flash process got interrupted because your lil bro pulled the USB cable I'm somewhat certain the NAND is messed up pretty good - no wonder you're stuck at the SE boot logo.

If there's no way by which you can get the device back to normal (read: even the guys over in the Neo sub-board are out of ideas/help) I think your best shot would be to send it in to SE for repair if you still got warranty. SE should have other means to resurrect the device and slap it back into shape.

I'm sorry I can't really help you here with this - the Neo is different from the X8 and also different from the way my tablets work.

B

B.Jay

Thank's for the advice! My waranty is lost, i've unlocked the bootloader. Only if I could enter in flash mode! :(

Well, on my Samsung, which has Fastboot, I first enter Fastboot and from there I put the device into download mode for flashing (in theory you can compare "Download mode" to the "Flash mode" - in Flash mode the W/X8 awaits a ROM image to be flashed into the NAND, pretty much the same as "Download mode" works).

Since your Neo isn't completely dead (you just have a shot system due to the flash interruption) you only need to find a way how you can re-write the system.

I lack the time to research how the Neo works, but I think there should be a way to get the device going as you can even "resurrect" a W/X8 where you formatted the system partition (by mistake in CWM, for example). However, that's not as bad as interrupting the USB connection but about the same "ooops" to blank the system.

benga_mircea

Feb 3, 2012
Focsani
Flash mode not working, fastboot not workingI Tried a lot of programs (wotan, flash tool, fota unbrick tool, octopus, omnius for se, pc companion, se update. Non of them manages to connect to my phone. If only I could connect for 1 sec. I have a backup of TA, but I can flash it. Thanks anyway!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do i rescue my bricked phone!
    well the answer lies within this thread.
    how do you brick a phone
    well, there are many ways you can brick a phone.​
    1. you install the wrong software
    2.you install a 'broken' rom
    3. you install a recovery that isnt supported for our phone
    4.or you were messing with your bootloader
    etc etc... you get the point
    how to rescue a bricked x8
    1st: If you have done a soft brick then you can boot into xrecovery and restore your latest backup. easy
    2:if restoring doesn'twork or you have a hard brick then you should either launch:SEUS (sony ericsson update service) or pc companion. click update and follow the steps.
    3:if none of that works then you will have to send it off to se. if you dont get some kind of phone company to fix it then its as useless as a real brick lol or a replica of a phone.
    3:you can use a flashtool to fix it as well. if you open flashtool you usally get a number of options such as unlock bootloader etc. there should be an option where you can restore it. (lol i think)
    Cheers
    i hope it helped. if it did then please do press the thanks button.:D
    -wilbso
    X8

Thanks for developers!!!
    Outta sheer curiosity: is a complete brick possible? I've messed with everything I could think of & made literary every possible mistake (with the phone going on for days as unusable/unbootable). Yet it works fine till today. My only fear is flash-ROM failure from too many writes. So, is a complete brick possible?
    my phone not respond into recovery.. what can i do...
    i use sonny ericsson flashtool but my phone not recognize because the phone stuck into sonny ericsson logo startup...!

Here's how you do it. I faced exactly the same problem. Stuck at SE Logo.

Open PCC

DO NOT CONNECT YOUR PHONE YET

Under "Support Zone" , click on Start

Opt for "Phone Update Software" and click "Start"

It will complain that no phone is connected.

There'll be a "Repair Phone" option. Click that.

Just follow the steps in PCC. It will tell you how to connect your phone. Update , and in no time you'll get back to Stock ROM.

Re-root. Flash CWM

Install your ROM