Updated HTC WATCH app - w/o system update (OTA)

Search This thread
Try watching the movie from the widget and not the shortcut in the app drawer. It plays fine for me that way and i haven't updated anything.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

You must be the only one because regardless of how you access the movie it still uses the Watch app which has to be updated.

Edit: I stand corrected. Thanks tsalate & vayman!

Last edited:

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Try watching the movie from the widget and not the shortcut in the app drawer. It plays fine for me that way and i haven't updated anything.

+1 This is exactly how I got it to work w/ out updating HTC Watch. (OTA) I found instructions from this post and it worked like a charm. I have since installed the udated .apk from the OP of this thread and continue to have no issues. So you are definitely not the "only" one that has had success w/ the widget. ;)

You must be the only one because regardless of how you access the movie it still uses the Watch app which has to be updated.

^^^^^^^^ ;)

Reactions: str8upx
+1 This is exactly how I got it to work w/ out updating HTC Watch. (OTA) I found instructions from this post and it worked like a charm. I have since installed the udated .apk from the OP of this thread and continue to have no issues. So you are definitely not the "only" one that has had success w/ the widget. ;)

^^^^^^^^ ;)

(Without updating) Does using Watch via the widget only let you view the Green Hornet Movie or does it give you complete access to the Watch App and download library?

Last edited:

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
(Without updating) Does using Watch via the widget only let you view the Green Hornet Movie or does it give you complete access to the Watch App and download library?

Just the Green Hornet. Anything else needs to have the app updated. Should have clarified in my post that I was referring to the movie only, not the app itself.

Sent from my Shooter

patomo09

Apr 2, 2011
limassol
Here is the EVO 3D Watch app update. I know a lot of people are not installing the OTA system update before we get root. Installing this will allow you to use HTC WATCH and watch the Green Hornet 3d video without applying the OTA.

The first attached apk is the update.
The second attached apk is the app itself and should not be required. I included it just in case anyone needed it.

If this helped you: Please hit the Thanks Button

i only get some trailers. nothing else....

i only get some trailers. nothing else....

Did you swap out the SD Card? If you did the Movie is on the original card.

You can do this:
I also had a few problems when I put my old sd card (32gb) in to the 3D. I copied all the files from the old card to my computer then erased the card. Then I copied all the files from the new card (8gb) to my old card and put it in the 3D, it worked perfectly.

Or this:
If you put your old sd in the phone then the movie may still be on the original card that came with the phone. On the sd, go to .data/htcwatch/preload_movies, and that's where it would be. I'd you don't see those folders then you don't have the file.

I swapped my card out while in the store but I had made sure that they have me the original. If you don't have the file, there's a thread, in the general section i believe, where you should be able to grey the file. If not, i have the file I just can't figure out how in the heck to send it to someone. Dropbox didn't work.

Once you have the files, make a folder in .data called htcwatch and inside that make one called preload_movies. Place the file in the later one and you should be good to go. Go to the Green Hornet app and open it. It should be good from there.

I hope I was able to help you out.

Reactions: Element88

bluediablito

Jun 20, 2010
did the 2 apk and still have the update logo in the corner
my watch update is the 0.2.26.3-24
could there b another update?

the green hornet plays without asking for update so i guess its all good.

did the 2 apk and still have the update logo in the corner
my watch update is the 0.2.26.3-24
could there b another update?

the green hornet plays without asking for update so i guess its all good.

Your version of Watch is current. If you are referring to the update icon in the notification bar (top left & the pull-down menu) this is asking you to do the OTA system update.

Although TeamWin has said that this OTA does not interfere with their ROOT method it is still recommended that you do not install ANY OTA's if you plan on rooting.

yankele

Jun 29, 2010
Florida, NY
The full app worked for me, tried the update and didn't work!

Thanks you!!!!!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

italy7

Jan 1, 2011
tried first apk 2x...then second apk...said drm license is corrupt upon installing would i like to remove license and reinstall at a later time...clicked yes and now works lol thx

compsciasaur

Jul 14, 2011
Not working for me. DL and install the update and it still wants to do the OTA update. Installed the full app and it works. Thanks.

This. Worked for me when I installed the app. Thanks, str8upx!

If anyone's new to Android like I am, I installed the APK files by transferring them to my SD card, finding them with the app ES File Explorer (in Android Market) and then clicking to run them. Obviously, I had to turn on allowing installation of non-Market apps.

I registered with xda-developers just so I could post this. I looked for a Thanks button, but couldn't find it. Edit: Found it.

Last edited:
This. Worked for me when I installed the app. Thanks, str8upx!

If anyone's new to Android like I am, I installed the APK files by transferring them to my SD card, finding them with the app ES File Explorer (in Android Market) and then clicking to run them. Obviously, I had to turn on allowing installation of non-Market apps.

I registered with xda-developers just so I could post this. I looked for a Thanks button, but couldn't find it. Edit: Found it.

Happy to help.
Glad you joined XDA. Stick around to get the most out of your EVO 3D and Android.

Here is the EVO 3D Portal: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1095

bati82

Jun 8, 2011
Hi i just wondering how this program should working in my hdhd is show small icons like a list of moves no big 3d icons like on video on youtube and also when i download the move it show me "DRM Engine is not initialized"what can i do it to working because when i wach trial is working. Big thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

Hi i just wondering how this program should working in my hdhd is show small icons like a list of moves no big 3d icons like on video on youtube and also when i download the move it show me "DRM Engine is not initialized"what can i do it to working because when i wach trial is working. Big thanks

Im sorry but i dont really understand what your asking here.

You can try to install the the full watch app instead of the update.

bati82

Jun 8, 2011
What am sey is when i download only wach app and buy movie is download to the phone but when i try to play its show me this DRM Engine is not initialized

What am sey is when i download only wach app and buy movie is download to the phone but when i try to play its show me this DRM Engine is not initialized

Try this..

tried first apk 2x...then second apk...said drm license is corrupt upon installing would i like to remove license and reinstall at a later time...clicked yes and now works lol thx

Or try uninstalling it and try the app itself or just the update. Or try the update a couple times.

Did you do any of the OTAs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc-evo-3d-122x120.png
    watchhtcapp-1.png

Here is the EVO 3D Watch app update. I know a lot of people are not installing the OTA system update before we get root. Installing this will allow you to use HTC WATCH and watch the Green Hornet 3d video without applying the OTA.

The first attached apk is the update.
    The second attached apk is the app itself and should not be required. (for most people)

Edit: A few people have said that the update fails but installing the app itself has worked for them.

If this helped you: Please hit the Thanks Button
    Its not worth the risk!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't we have to do a system update anyway when HTC releases the unlocked bootloader? I ask because I already did the OTA update

Yes but thats only if you wait to HTC to unlock it. Also its believed that HTC is ONLY going to unlock the bootloader NOT GIVE S-OFF. And If you go with the HTC method the same OTA thats going to unlock it is going to patch all the root exploits we have (and probably some that we dont know about yet) that could give us s-off. More importantly though, s-off is days away and may only work with some hboots, installing OTAs often updates the hboot as well. It has always been advised that you should never install OTAs. A perfect example was the EVO 4G's gingerbread OTA, people thought they were getting the long awaited GB and ended up getting S-ON with it. To this day it is still locked.
    Not working for me. DL and install the update and it still wants to do the OTA update. Installed the full app and it works. Thanks.

Great, I had a feeling a few people would need the app itself.
    Thank you for this it worked

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
    Is there another update for this? I just flashed decks e3d ROM and was testing everything out and it's asking me to update, but all it does is take me to the update HTC software screen. Can anyone find and attach the new update if there is one?

Watch is still on version v0.2.26.3-24

Attached is the only other file I could extract related to Watch.
    Please let me know if this worked. Thx.