[Open Source] File Quest [Transparent 3D File Manager - 4.0+]

Search This thread

anurag.dev1512

Aug 8, 2013
thxxx brothger....

Good work! good idea! but I get a NullPointerExeption and the app crash! This appen when I scroll down the listview in the sdcard tab...

Screenshot_2013_12_09_12_55_11.png

here is a screenshoot of log:

Senza_nome.png

Here is the .txt logcat:

http://d-h.st/cJS

@anurag.dev1512
u r great.. and i like people like u who support new developers...

anurag.dev1512

Aug 8, 2013
thxxx brother....

Ads....gross....no thanx. It looks and sounds pretty nice but i HATE ads...especially since your ad free version will only be available in your roms...come on

i made the source code available at github...
if u want ad free version you can build it .....
i made ad free and released the code to force people to go through my codes and do some improvements to it....
anyway u r great guy...

anurag.dev1512

Aug 8, 2013
thxxx brother....

Nice app, removing other mangers, but do some work on ui.it say my rooted device(optimus g) is unrooted.

just wait for next update....everything will get fixed....

right now my 3rd sem BE exams are going on... so cannot do too much work...but after 10 days i will release new update.....with major fixes....

anurag.dev1512

Aug 8, 2013
i will definately do it....

The thing that gets me is(other then the questionable ui) what does this bring us that root explorer does not already do? Sure it's not free but it is worth every penny and it does:

multiple tabs, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox and network (SMB) support, SQLite database viewer, Text Editor, create and extract zip or tar/gzip files, extract rar archives, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks, send files (via email, bluetooth etc), image thumbnails, APK binary XML viewer, change file owner/group, create symbolic link, "Open With" facility, MD5, create shortcuts.

I have used it since my first android phone and have never found myself in a situation that i wanted to do something with files and it would not do it.

right now my 3rd sem BE exams are going on so i cannot do much work on my app.....its my humble request to u to stay tuned to my app..
because after 10 days i will release a update will major fixes and cool features....

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010
Hahaha are you talking about post #13 and #15?

Play Store. Literally all the 5 star reviews are fake. Not to be rude, but all of the first reviews for this app--all of them Indian. This leads me to think the developer is Indian--which leads me to think he got his friends to go give his app reviews. I'll never support a developer who does something like that. It's poor practice--it makes the developer look desperate.

anurag.dev1512

Aug 8, 2013
its not like that...

Play Store. Literally all the 5 star reviews are fake. Not to be rude, but all of the first reviews for this app--all of them Indian. This leads me to think the developer is Indian--which leads me to think he got his friends to go give his app reviews. I'll never support a developer who does something like that. It's poor practice--it makes the developer look desperate.

i agree that my few friends have rated it 5 star but there are few foreign users who have rated it 5 star....and i have also got 1 and 2 star...
so i m not spamming...

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010
About 20 fake reviews doesn't equate to 2 one star reviews. It's improper to fake reviews. If I were you, have your friends remove them. Seriously. You can get in trouble with Google for this kinda thing.

Reactions: sunyakram

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
Here's my question. Yes, its open source, and yes, that's good (especially if we wanted to include it with a ROM).

BUT.

What does it offer me that, say, ES File Explorer doesn't? Outside of being open source.
What does it offer me that Root Explorer doesn't?

Both have great GUI's, functionality, etc. I understand that this is a new app and I 100% commend you on development, but if you want an app to be popular, you do so by being honest and open in promotion (not claiming we've never seen it before) and by providing innovative features and a handsome GUI. You're off to a good start, now you just have to stay in the race.

It's also not the first open source app there is.
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_CMFileManager
You have to provide something that isn't already provided.

EDIT: Seconding the others. Don't have your friends give dishonest 5-star reviews. It is an immediate turn-off for me.

anurag.dev1512

Aug 8, 2013
thxxx brother...

Here's my question. Yes, its open source, and yes, that's good (especially if we wanted to include it with a ROM).

BUT.

What does it offer me that, say, ES File Explorer doesn't? Outside of being open source.
What does it offer me that Root Explorer doesn't?

Both have great GUI's, functionality, etc. I understand that this is a new app and I 100% commend you on development, but if you want an app to be popular, you do so by being honest and open in promotion (not claiming we've never seen it before) and by providing innovative features and a handsome GUI. You're off to a good start, now you just have to stay in the race.

It's also not the first open source app there is.
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_CMFileManager
You have to provide something that isn't already provided.

EDIT: Seconding the others. Don't have your friends give dishonest 5-star reviews. It is an immediate turn-off for me.

this is just the second version of my app first was 0.0.9 and currently it is 0.1.0 ....
just wait for couple pf updates....i m sure u will then switch to my app...

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
this is just the second version of my app first was 0.0.9 and currently it is 0.1.0 ....
just wait for couple pf updates....i m sure u will then switch to my app...

I'll be keeping an eye on it. Personally, to convert me and what I endorse, you'll have to out-do ES ;) But that's what coding/competition is all about, no?

Reactions: anurag.dev1512

gaslaw

Dec 20, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria
it is in my plan.... but it will take few updates to get seen in my app.
any way thnxxx a lot brother...

In my opinion, if I were you, I would have kept all these to myself except its requested for. You knew some people(mostly developers) are not gonna be happy with these... Maybe you can change your mind and let us feel your good work, I'm no developer or something but just saying...(no offense pls). Thanks for your work

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Untitled.png

FILE QUEST GET FEATURED ON XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM,AND BEING LIKED BY THOUSANDS OF USERS..
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/file-quest-one-file-manager-to-rule-them-all/

FILE QUEST GET REVIEWED BY ANDROIDTAP.COM AND IT IS AMONG NEW 35 APPS OF APP WEEKENDER
    http://www.androidtapp.com/app-weekender-35-new-apps-for-android-week-15-2014/

Play Store Link- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.anurag.file.quest
    Github Link- https://github.com/AnuraxSharma1512/File_Quest

Description
    3D is not a cup of tea only for HOME LAUNCHERS,now experience the 3D LISTVIEW and 3D animation effects in file manager for rooted and unrooted android devices........

File Quest is world's first File Managing app having 3D Listview.Root enabled,gives the flexibility to do app backup of user and system apps at one click.Share multiple apps via Email directly from installed location.Extremely fast,robust and beautiful app for managing files on your android device.

DIFFERENTIATING FEATURES :-

** OPEN SOURCE FOR ALL !!!!!
    ** File and folder locking.
    ** Build list of favorite files and folders.
    ** Manage certain file type from file gallery.
    ** In build music preview for media files.
    ** Add gesture to a file and use the same gesture to open it.
    ** 3D listview and animation effects.
    ** Around 15 animation effects available in the app natively.
    ** Full root support.
    ** You can adjust the transparency level of the app.
    ** 8 different folder icons available to choose from.
    ** Unique menu implementation.
    ** App backup support.
    ** Ability to share the app directly from installed location of android phone.
    ** In app "image viewer" for viewing all kinds of images.
    ** Double tap to zoom images.
    ** In app "text file editor" for text files.
    ** In app zip support available.
    ** Extract to and extract here options also provided to users.
    ** Multiple select files,multiple app backup tasks supported.
    ** Zip backup recovery of apps.
    ** Others features are waiting for you to get discovered.

SCREENSHOTS

New Interface
    Unt.png

Cool List View Animations
    image.png

Cool View Pager Animations
    Untitled1.png

Add Gesture to file or folder
    image.png

Graphical Stats of files
    Untitled2.png

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS UPDATE

<- - HIGHLIGHTS - ->
    -> File Quest music player.
    -> File locking system.
    -> Access to locked files or folders restricted until password is entered.
    -> Graphical stats of file types.
    -> Build list of favorite items and play with it.
    -> New and simplified settings activity.
    -> New slide menu.
    -> New cool theme and UI.
    -> File Gallery optimized.
    -> List loading improved.
    -> Small bug are fixed.

A VERY HUMBLE REQUEST TO ALL
    I DO NEED MY APP TO TRANSLATED IN OTHER LANGUAGES,SO ITS MY HUMBLE REQUEST TO ALL PLEASE HELP ME BY TRANSLATING MY APP TO YOUR OWN LOCAL LANGUAGE,I HAVE ATTACHED STRINGS.XML FILE OF MY APP.
    :victory::victory::victory:
    No it's not.

That said, I'm curious how this will evolve. I'll watch development for now... ;)

since i m developer of this app i will promote my app in such a way that most number of people will download and use it and report bugs for further development....

i m new and alone to development and made the code available....
    An interesting start.

Also, just chill and don't feed the trolls. Be a bit more humble since this is a very alpha piece of software.

A couple things ... a bunch of KDE/Gnome icons from 2004 makes me throw up a little in my mouth... there are tons of free, modern and more minimalistic iconsets and individual icons you can use. Please don't make it look like something from Gnome 1.2.x and the name ... my friend the name sounds like a B rate Dos game so make come up with a few different names and do a pole. If you don't want to then that's cool ... just a suggestion.

I'll check back to see if this becomes a worthy free file manager for folks I know who haven't bought Root Explorer.

cheers.
    what do u mean by this...

1.) You're promoting your app as if you found the cure for cancer, though it has no outstanding features
    2.) You're faking reviews
    3.) You say you want to "force" people to go through your code by putting ads in an open source app

And with this in mind, I don't think your app in the current state is news-article-worthy.

Just go "hey guys I'm writing this open source file manager, have fun trying out" and let the developers, reviews and promotions come by theirselves. You'll get much more respect and helping hands.
    new update available....

Guys yesterday I released new update of my app with TAR Archive support,some UI changes and a bug in search operation in zip archive is fixed..

I hope you all enjoyed this update.

Don't hesitate to report for bugs,I'm here to fix them...