[ROM] ProTekk CM7 Builds - Build #19 Is Live! Thunderbolt Builds Are Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
Just a side question for all the users of my builds:

I see that each of you have your own kernel that is your "go-to" kernel for each build.

Would there be any interest in this group if I were to compile seperate builds specific to each kernel for gingerbread?

For example:

ProTekk Build #4 with stock kernel

ProTekk Build #4 with incredikernel

ProTekk Build #4 with X kernel

Good idea or not?

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
Sure why not if your willing to do it. I flash kernels as much as I do ROM's I know most probably do the same. I'm sure there are others though that would prefer their choice kernel to be packaged up with the build though.

Thanks for building these and thx for starting this thread sure makes it easier to follow the Inc flashin' madness.

So #4 has all the merged fixes up until 9AM this morning is that correct? Or up to 2:50?

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
Sure why not if your willing to do it. I flash kernels as much as I do ROM's I know most probably do the same. I'm sure there are others though that would prefer their choice kernel to be packaged up with the build though.

Thanks for building these and thx for starting this thread sure makes it easier to follow the Inc flashin' madness.

So #4 has all the merged fixes up until 9AM this morning is that correct? Or up to 2:50?

Not a problem ;)

Build #4 includes all merges up until 2:50 PM EST.

Reactions: jbdan

Shiftyshadee

Aug 5, 2010
Detroit
I'd say it's a good idea, but honestly flashing the kernel after the update while I'm already in recovery isn't really that big of a deal.

Sent from my SCH-I800

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
Alright, can someone help me make a list of the main/popular kernels for Gingerbread/CyanogenMod 7? I see that there is interest so I'll start merging the most up-to-date kernels with the most up-to-date build I do starting with my next build #5.

Build #5 can be expected by 10 AM EST tomorrow morning if there are not any major changes tonight.

drPheta

May 24, 2010
I was going to suggest including Chad's latest incredikernel AS WELL AS including a script to Wipe Cache and Dalvik. With the amount of flashing that we do, this would cut down a lot of the flash times :)

Donation coming your way, Pro.

As far as kernels,

I've seen these as the most popular, so far.
- Slayher's (CM7)
- Incredikernel (Chad's)
- Tiamat

Reactions: ProTekk

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Just a side question for all the users of my builds:

I see that each of you have your own kernel that is your "go-to" kernel for each build.

Would there be any interest in this group if I were to compile seperate builds specific to each kernel for gingerbread?

For example:

ProTekk Build #4 with stock kernel

ProTekk Build #4 with incredikernel

ProTekk Build #4 with X kernel

Good idea or not?

yeah. it would save a lot of time on our end having to reboot and flash immediately after. lol i've been sticking with tiamat.

tiamat wipes cache/dalvik before it installs. in case you need to know that. it does it in a second too

sometimes flashing a kernel before booting into a newly flashed rom causes trouble for me. maybe for others too that try to do it in one recovery boot

Last edited:

cd2573

Mar 2, 2011
N.Y.
I did the wipe cache and davik also but still have no recovery option in the reboot and ran fix permissions from recovery holding the volume down but still rom forecloses

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
I was going to suggest including Chad's latest incredikernel AS WELL AS including a script to Wipe Cache and Dalvik. With the amount of flashing that we do, this would cut down a lot of the flash times :)

Donation coming your way, Pro.

As far as kernels,

I've seen these as the most popular, so far.
- Slayher's (CM7)
- Incredikernel (Chad's)
- Tiamat

Thank you! I appreciate any little bit that is given!

drPheta

May 24, 2010
One thing I noticed with these new profiles, and this has been happening since profiles were introduced in CM7.

I set Gtalk to be included in the SMS group, and when I select work it's supposed to be silent and only vibrate. However, no matter what setting I choose for SMS (off or no override), Gtalk notifications still play the notification sound. Other SMS apps do not (Google Voice or SMS). However, using Silent doesn't audible Gtalk notifications. I don't get it. Anyone else have this happen to them?

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
Alright, can someone help me make a list of the main/popular kernels for Gingerbread/CyanogenMod 7? I see that there is interest so I'll start merging the most up-to-date kernels with the most up-to-date build I do starting with my next build #5.

Build #5 can be expected by 10 AM EST tomorrow morning if there are not any major changes tonight.

Here ya go. Looks like there are 5 brands to choose from. I've never tried Tiamat or Savage, but can vouch with confidence for chads, bleks, and slayhers.

Reactions: ProTekk

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, I will build #5 tonight as well if you are going to use it. It'll be the same as whatever nightly the CyanogenMod team puts out tonight (if the buildbot cooperates). If no interest then I'll wait until the morning!

Shiftyshadee

Aug 5, 2010
Detroit
Hey guys, I will build #5 tonight as well if you are going to use it. It'll be the same as whatever nightly the CyanogenMod team puts out tonight (if the buildbot cooperates). If no interest then I'll wait until the morning!
Personally I wouldn't mind if you waited till morning as I'm on EST also. Just in case there are any late night/early morning merges of any significance.

Sent from my SCH-I800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're very welcome Pro , all in good name development,don't mention it guys we're all gonna benefit.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
    Requirements:

Build #8 and higher: Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.7 or higher is REQUIRED!

You don't have 3.0.0.7 or higher installed I cannot help you out with any issues as these scripts do not play nicely with anything earlier than 3.0.0.7!

You have been warned!

How To Install:

Coming from another ROM or doing a clean install:

Step 1: NANDroid first!

Step 2: Do a full wipe! This means format everything!

Step 3: Flash desired build, wait for install to finish and reboot

Step 4: Enjoy!

Upgrading from nightly #X or ProTekk build #Y using build #8 or higher:

Step 1: NANDroid first!

Step 2: Flash desired build, Dalvik and cache will be wiped automatically!

Step 3: Enjoy!

Google Applications (GApps):

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

CyanogenMod changelog & merges:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Stock Build Download Locations:

http://www.mediafire.com/cm7/inc

Experimental Build Download Locations: Abandoned for now until I have more time/help

http://www.mediafire.com/?8z38p1pgyag72

Experimental Builds With Custom Kernels:

Included kernels:

Incredikernel from 03/06/11

Invisiblek from 03/09/11

SavagedZen no SBC

Tiamat from 03/05/11

Please remember that they are experimental!

With these, ALWAYS wipe Dalvik and cache! No longer needed as it is auto wiped - Build #8 and higher!

Updates:

Experimental builds #8 & stock #8 released @ 00:14 AM EST 03/12/11

Experimental builds #7 & stock #7 released @ 7:30 AM EST 03/11/11

Experimental builds #6 released @ 1:05 PM EST 03/10/11

Experimental Build #5 With Custom Kernels released @ 1:33 PM EST 03/09/11

Build #5 released @ 10:12 AM EST 03/09/11

Build #4 released @ 2:50 PM EST 03/08/11

Build #3 released @ 9 AM EST 03/08/11

Build #2 released 03/06/11

Build #1 released 03/06/11

To-Do List:

Automatically wipe Dalvik and cache prior to installing. Abandoned for the moment. Working properly!

Credits:

CyanogenMod Team for the incredible ROM they've given us

Slayher for many many many fixes and guiding me here and there! Thanks!

Calkulin for his format script - Thank you!!!!!

NilsP for helping me out with the format script

Chad, Invisiblek, SavagedZen team, and Cayniarb for your amazing kernels

If I have forgotten anyone I'm sorry! Let me know and I'll give you credit!
    For those who just need to know:

I'm $180 shy of getting the TB. I know, a long ways away. Doesn't help to be unemployed! Every cent of donations will be going to get the Thunderbolt only! I can provide proof of this as well. Just wanted to say this since I know many people are highly sceptical of the thought of "donations". I feed my other habits, like smoking, with what's left of my savings (currently $30) and I refuse to dip into donation money for that. Hope this calms some minds down ;)
    : 9RN89967TJ651502R confimation # Pro check it out
    After running various versions over and over and driving around, it is confirmed that GPS bug comes up AFTER Nightly #14. As far as ProTekk builds, this issue comes up AFTER #4 as far as I can tell. I thought Protekk #5 was working, but driving around confirmed it had the GPS bug.

Nightly #14 works repeatedly. So, the REAL workaround the GPS issue for now is to rollback to Nightly #14.
    So what are the "fixes" you mentioned in the other thread that you merged at 9AM? I am doing a fresh install of RC2 because I have been wanting to use one of these themes since RC1, but he doesn't update it for nightlys...

If the fixes aren't anything huge then I will try to stick with RC2 for atleast half a day :D