[Q] Bricked Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 i545 MK2

Search This thread

stewdaddy123

Feb 26, 2011
So I have bricked my GS4. It was just a black screen, so I took the battery out and was able to get to the Odin Mode screen. I downloaded Odin and the MD5 file and the Samsung Drivers. When I run Odin it says FAILED. I can not seem to find any information on how to fix this on XDA forums. Can anyone out there help me with this please?

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
So I have bricked my GS4. It was just a black screen, so I took the battery out and was able to get to the Odin Mode screen. I downloaded Odin and the MD5 file and the Samsung Drivers. When I run Odin it says FAILED. I can not seem to find any information on how to fix this on XDA forums. Can anyone out there help me with this please?

You have to download MK2 Tar file if you were on MK2 before it bricks. Here is the link for MK2 Tar, just follow instruction and odin back to stock MK2, it should work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

stewdaddy123

Feb 26, 2011
Very Nice!! It worked. I forgot to put the .pit file in for the "Emergency Restore" but I just let it go through, so not a full wipe but it worked fine. You were a life saver for me, I was freaking out. Gonna give the hacking thing a rest for a while

You have to download MK2 Tar file if you were on MK2 before it bricks. Here is the link for MK2 Tar, just follow instruction and odin back to stock MK2, it should work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
I am glad it worked for you, if you want to root for MK2, you can use "saferoot" and it works like a charm.

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
Very Nice!! It worked. I forgot to put the .pit file in for the "Emergency Restore" but I just let it go through, so not a full wipe but it worked fine. You were a life saver for me, I was freaking out. Gonna give the hacking thing a rest for a while

Glad you got it fixed. Don't give the "hacking" stuff a rest. Just research more and learn from your mistakes; knowledge is power. Use caution and always read important stuff twice. No one got anywhere by playing it safe :)

Last edited:

stewdaddy123

Feb 26, 2011
I re-rooted with saferoot last night after I got my phone back up.....and yes you are right, I'm not gonna give it a rest. I'm gonna try and flash a ROM tonight probably, now that I have a sort of "fail-safe". What bricked my phone in the first place was trying to flash the Foxhound ROM. I didn't really understand the instructions and really shouldn't have gone through without fully understanding things. I haven't tinkered with a phone in about 3 years (I've had iphone for past 3 years).

Glad you got it fixed. Don't give the "hacking" stuff a rest. Just research more and learn from your mistakes; knowledge is power. Use caution and always read important stuff twice. No one got anywhere by playing it safe :)

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
I re-rooted with saferoot last night after I got my phone back up.....and yes you are right, I'm not gonna give it a rest. I'm gonna try and flash a ROM tonight probably, now that I have a sort of "fail-safe". What bricked my phone in the first place was trying to flash the Foxhound ROM. I didn't really understand the instructions and really shouldn't have gone through without fully understanding things. I haven't tinkered with a phone in about 3 years (I've had iphone for past 3 years).

Ewww iphones lol. Welcome back! Yeah foxhound is just a backup that you restore, not flash. Happy hacking!

stewdaddy123

Feb 26, 2011
I was wondering about that with Foxhound. How far into the backup directory do I place the Foxhound folder. My back up is stored on my external sd card. Here is the file route I have: TWRP - BACKUPS - 8e12f1e6 - STOCK1970-01-03-18-09-55blahblahblah. Do I put it in just the BACKUPS folder, or put it in the folder titled 8e12f1e6, or do I put it in with the actual backup folder, the last folder that begins with "stock"?

Ewww iphones lol. Welcome back! Yeah foxhound is just a backup that you restore, not flash. Happy hacking!

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
I was wondering about that with Foxhound. How far into the backup directory do I place the Foxhound folder. My back up is stored on my external sd card. Here is the file route I have: TWRP - BACKUPS - 8e12f1e6 - STOCK1970-01-03-18-09-55blahblahblah. Do I put it in just the BACKUPS folder, or put it in the folder titled 8e12f1e6, or do I put it in with the actual backup folder, the last folder that begins with "stock"?

Make it the same structure as your stock backup. For example:

Twrp/Backups/random#/stock backup/backup files

twrp/Backups/random#/foxhound/foxhound files

e6ayd0tc0m

Feb 15, 2014
So I bricked my s4 while flashing stang5litre Edition 5.0 NON MDK v2. My device went through the process and never turned back on. I am rooted on ota updated 5.0.1 using kingroot but now have supersu.
My phone will connect to my computer and my computer will make the connecting noise but does not show up and does not turn on.
Its not my usb, I cannot get the phone to turn on, get into recovery or download mode.
I am stuck, my phone doesnt even vibrate, any ideas how to unbrick?