[Q] questions about installation apps

Search This thread

akupanjang

Sep 1, 2013
my phone got flash new ROM everyday, my question is, is there any solution to not downloading my recent apps when i flash new ROM.. is there any apps that can use for my problem

sorry for my bad english.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You can make a CWM flashable zip of your current apps/settings with Titanium Pro. Before you flash a new rom, use Ti to make the zip, install your new rom, and flash the zip you made in CWM.

However, be aware there are a few caveats to this working smoothly:-

*If the new rom is a different Android version, you may get FC's on some/all of your apps.
*If there's any difference in mount points (or any use of 'legacy' points/etc), you may get FC's.
*If you're moving from a Samsung based rom to AOSP or vice versa, you may get FC's

Also, do not put system apps into this zip & do not restore system apps/data more generally when moving to a new rom.

Personally speaking, I've always preferred a completely clean install whenever I've moved to a new rom with just a restore of app data that's really necessary for apps I use a lot, I've always found it well worth spending a couple of hrs to do that (I've never been someone who changes roms every 5 minutes).

akupanjang

Sep 1, 2013
Thanks for the answer.. I will figured out on how to make a flashable cwm.. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app