[Q] Touchscreen issue?

Search This thread

gyrozeppeli

May 24, 2014
Hello! Sorry if my English is not great, it's not my first language.
I have a Prestigio 3400 Duo and I have two issues with my touchscreen, the multitouch function in particular. My phone is freshly factory reset, done while trying to solve this problem, and

The first problem is pretty apparent, when I'm holding two fingers on the screen in a horizontal line it registers only one point at the center of the two I'm actually pressing (that's what a multitouch test app sees, at least). This happens exclusively in an horizontal line.

The second problem I have is when I'm holding two fingers on the screen and I let one go, the other one - the one that's still holding - is not getting registered for an instant before appearing again. So when, say, I'm playing a game on the phone and my character walks and I press a button at the same time, the character stops for a second. Really annoying stuff.

Is there any solution for either of these? I saw some fix for other phones but they're exclusively for those, not mine.

Ragkhuza

Mar 6, 2014
Hello! Sorry if my English is not great, it's not my first language.
I have a Prestigio 3400 Duo and I have two issues with my touchscreen, the multitouch function in particular. My phone is freshly factory reset, done while trying to solve this problem, and

The first problem is pretty apparent, when I'm holding two fingers on the screen in a horizontal line it registers only one point at the center of the two I'm actually pressing (that's what a multitouch test app sees, at least). This happens exclusively in an horizontal line.

The second problem I have is when I'm holding two fingers on the screen and I let one go, the other one - the one that's still holding - is not getting registered for an instant before appearing again. So when, say, I'm playing a game on the phone and my character walks and I press a button at the same time, the character stops for a second. Really annoying stuff.

Is there any solution for either of these? I saw some fix for other phones but they're exclusively for those, not mine.

Maybe it's a hardware problem.
What did you do before it happened?

Sent from my A706 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gyrozeppeli

May 24, 2014
Maybe it's a hardware problem.
What did you do before it happened?

Well I don't know if it was something that I've done that caused this, I don't play many games so I've noticed it only recently. I can tell you that for a while the phone was rooted - now it isn't - but I've never installed CFWs or stuff like that.

Ragkhuza

Mar 6, 2014
Well I don't know if it was something that I've done that caused this, I don't play many games so I've noticed it only recently. I can tell you that for a while the phone was rooted - now it isn't - but I've never installed CFWs or stuff like that.

What do you mean by recently the phone was root - now it isn't. Can you explain specifically.

gyrozeppeli

May 24, 2014
What do you mean by recently the phone was root - now it isn't. Can you explain specifically.

I took off the root thing because I wanted to play a game that doesn't accept rooted phones.

Try intalling custom rom or reinstalling stock

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
Can you direct me to a good custom rom or how to reinstall stock? I'm not good at these things, I don't know much about it.

gyrozeppeli

May 24, 2014
I'm bumping the thread, hoping that someone that knows how to fix the problem can see this.

I'd like to at least solve the second problem, because the first one is barely noticeable to me. I basically can't play any game with the second issue because it's really annoying. I read that sometimes these kinds of problems are when you have an app that is used to block the touchscreen of the phone, but I've never used any of those so I don't know.