fiveipads

Sep 13, 2010
Rochester
For all you Shotputterz heres the factory image we've been waiting for

assuming you have debug mode enabled, ADB and fastboot working properly
EDIT 1: REUP'D CWM mod
EDIT 2: reordered process to make more sense
Method:

1. Download the Beta CWM mod from rootzwikis credit to birdman EDIT:REUP'ED http://d-h.st/Fdp

2. Using fastboot, DO NOT FLASH Clockwork mod just use the syntax

"fastboot boot 'File path of clockwork mod image'

Note* this will boot directly into the recovery without permanently writing to the recovery and boot partition on the eMMC on the Nexus Qs board

3. Download the posted CWM factory backup posted

4. make the directory on the device and adb push the backup folder (unzipped) to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup while in CWM recovery
*The device should show up in "adb devices" while in the CWM recovery*

5. *TEXT WILL BE REALLY SMALL! Now navigate with the Scroll wheel to backups and restore and tap the mute button to select.

*IF SOMETHING IS SELECTED IN ERROR THERE IS NO BACK BUTTON JUST REBOOT AND REDO FASTBOOT BOOT*

6. Now select restore and select the image folder

7.blah blah CWM Freaking MAGIC

8. Your Q is back to factory state

If someone wants to PM me or show me how to package this in a nicer CWM zip to install with a script let me know
http://d-h.st/yeo

*Note* I am NOT responsible if you brick your already bricked Nexus Q*

Last edited:

ThisIsDave

Mar 29, 2010
Brooklyn
You sir get a beer, since my 2nd (dev) Q won't arrive until later this week, and mine was a shot put until this post.

If you happen to be in NYC before I move to SF, you get three beers.

Hoppy ones.

ThisIsDave

Mar 29, 2010
Brooklyn
I am moving to SF :)

Did the reflash go smoothly?

No unfortunately it didn't--I blew away all partitions other than bootloader so I can't, to my knowledge at least, push the zip since I can't adb.

I've got factory recovery, boot, system imgs but the system img won't push out because of fastboot's apparent inability to handle files that large (1GB exactly I believe).

...I guess I have to patiently await my second Q but the point of having two was to *use* one and have one for dev... rather than have one as a heavy reminder of my overzealous endeavors...

Hopefully I can give it more time while on this SF trip...

Reactions: Smokuevo

fiveipads

Sep 13, 2010
Rochester
Boot into the cwm bootloader with fastboot without flashing. Adb will be enabled and you can push files the files while your in adb recovery. Try that and flash it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Smokuevo

Apr 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Does our Q's have internal memory.. if not wouldn't it be possible to run back up of off otg memory stick if recovery would support it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

camondraconis

Aug 18, 2010
Boot into the cwm bootloader with fastboot without flashing. Adb will be enabled and you can push files the files while your in adb recovery. Try that and flash it.

The problem I'm having is that ADB is not responding from CWM... at least not on a Windows machine. The drivers are fine as ADB was working in normal mode before my issue sprung up.

EDIT: As suspected Virtual Ubuntu on a Win host didn't see the device, Physical Ubuntu had no issue. NQ reloaded.

Last edited:

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11

Can we do this by say pushing the file to the download folder and then installing from zip?

And i know slightly off topic but once we've installed some apks for example, what's currently the best interface to use to navigate through the apps and use them?

mrjaymillz

May 20, 2012
How do I make a directory on Nexus Q

Method:
1. Download the posted CWM factory backup posted
2. make the directory on the device and adb push the backup folder (unzipped) to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

In step 2 you say make a directory for the file that is posted below. How do I create a directory on the Nexus Q? Currently my Q is stuck in a bootloop after trying to launch CWM from a Galaxy Nexus. If you could post command codes that would be awesome!

I figured it out. You can just follow step #4 and in CWM you can push the CWM Factory img to the /sdcard/Download/ folder and use CWM to unzip and launch.

Last edited:

discoltk

Jan 13, 2010
The edit didn't prompt an email to me even though I'm following the thread, so those of you looking for the clockworkmod beta image please take note that OP was kind enough to provide a working link to the image.

Thanks fiveipads!

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
ok this is really bothering me, i've restored with this factory image several times, and I have to do it again right now and I cannot seem to push this file folder to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

what am i doing wrong..

it should be:

adb push NexusQFactoryImage /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ (assuming the file is in same folder as adb which it is)

that's it right.... the extracted folder contents in a folder.. not the zip.. so i dont understand why this is not working. Everytime I go to CWM and try to restore it tells me nothing to restore...

what really bothers me is that i've done this a hundred times, and never had this problem..

Attachments

• cmd.jpg
    cmd.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
ok this is really bothering me, i've restored with this factory image several times, and I have to do it again right now and I cannot seem to push this file folder to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

what am i doing wrong..

it should be:

adb push NexusQFactoryImage /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ (assuming the file is in same folder as adb which it is)

that's it right.... the extracted folder contents in a folder.. not the zip.. so i dont understand why this is not working. Everytime I go to CWM and try to restore it tells me nothing to restore...

what really bothers me is that i've done this a hundred times, and never had this problem..

BUMP.. stuck in CWM unable to get a restorable file.. no idea why...

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
  1. Download OneClickRestore (it's the factory image straight from Google with the needed fastboot files included)
  2. Extract zip to OneClickRestore
  3. Unplug Nexus Q
  4. Plug in Nexus Q and place hand on it til the leds turn red then remove hand
  5. Launch "flash-all.bat" from the OneClickRestore folder
  6. You may need to do a full reset, it's hit or miss

Another option is push & flash (Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project RTS ROM from CWM and again may need to hard reset.

RTS is
  • Based on stock 4.0.4 build IAN67K
  • Deodexed
  • Zip aligned
  • init.d Support
  • bash support
  • Busybox updated
  • Prerooted
  • Superuser
  • Updated Keymap (Home=Home, End=Back, Delete=Menu, Insert=Visualizer)

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
  1. Download OneClickRestore (it's the factory image straight from Google with the needed fastboot files included)
  2. Extract zip to OneClickRestore
  3. Unplug Nexus Q
  4. Plug in Nexus Q and place hand on it til the leds turn red then remove hand
  5. Launch "flash-all.bat" from the OneClickRestore folder
  6. You may need to do a full reset, it's hit or miss

Another option is push & flash (Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project RTS ROM from CWM and again may need to hard reset.

RTS is
  • Based on stock 4.0.4 build IAN67K
  • Deodexed
  • Zip aligned
  • init.d Support
  • bash support
  • Busybox updated
  • Prerooted
  • Superuser
  • Updated Keymap (Home=Home, End=Back, Delete=Menu, Insert=Visualizer)

The problem with putting Quantum singularity project on is that I can't turn on ADB debug, because i use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, don't have an OTG mouse/keyboard, so somehow I need to be able to connect with adb to setup a bluetooth connected mouse/keyboard

I was thinking to install stock image, and then without wiping install Quantum SIngularity Project over top to preserve the settings for usb debug, on.

what's confusing to me is that i've restored the stock image many times before, and never had a problem.. that's why im wondering what the problem is.. if im typing something wrong.

I used the OneClickRestore as you said, and im just booting it up now
EDIT: didn't get past boot logo, i'll try again
So just to confirm this OneClickRestore is loading the stock nexus Q img right? I've never used it before I usually manually do it
EDIT: still stuck at the nexus q logo before home screen

do you see any error in my commands of trying to push the stock img folder (original post) to "/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup" ? I've done it many times before never had a problem

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT 1: REUP'D CWM mod
    EDIT 2: reordered process to make more sense
    Method:

1. Download the Beta CWM mod from rootzwikis credit to birdman EDIT:REUP'ED http://d-h.st/Fdp

2. Using fastboot, DO NOT FLASH Clockwork mod just use the syntax

"fastboot boot 'File path of clockwork mod image'

Note* this will boot directly into the recovery without permanently writing to the recovery and boot partition on the eMMC on the Nexus Qs board

3. Download the posted CWM factory backup posted

4. make the directory on the device and adb push the backup folder (unzipped) to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup while in CWM recovery
    *The device should show up in "adb devices" while in the CWM recovery*

5. *TEXT WILL BE REALLY SMALL! Now navigate with the Scroll wheel to backups and restore and tap the mute button to select.

*IF SOMETHING IS SELECTED IN ERROR THERE IS NO BACK BUTTON JUST REBOOT AND REDO FASTBOOT BOOT*

6. Now select restore and select the image folder

7.blah blah CWM Freaking MAGIC

8. Your Q is back to factory state

If someone wants to PM me or show me how to package this in a nicer CWM zip to install with a script let me know

*Note* I am NOT responsible if you brick your already bricked Nexus Q*
    I am moving to SF :)

Did the reflash go smoothly?

No unfortunately it didn't--I blew away all partitions other than bootloader so I can't, to my knowledge at least, push the zip since I can't adb.

I've got factory recovery, boot, system imgs but the system img won't push out because of fastboot's apparent inability to handle files that large (1GB exactly I believe).

...I guess I have to patiently await my second Q but the point of having two was to *use* one and have one for dev... rather than have one as a heavy reminder of my overzealous endeavors...

Hopefully I can give it more time while on this SF trip...
    The problem with putting Quantum singularity project on is that I can't turn on ADB debug, because i use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, don't have an OTG mouse/keyboard, so somehow I need to be able to connect with adb to setup a bluetooth connected mouse/keyboard

I was thinking to install stock image, and then without wiping install Quantum SIngularity Project over top to preserve the settings for usb debug, on.

what's confusing to me is that i've restored the stock image many times before, and never had a problem.. that's why im wondering what the problem is.. if im typing something wrong.

I used the OneClickRestore as you said, and im just booting it up now

On RTS and OneClickRestore, enable debug via the NexusQ app on your phone. When released, v1.0.2 will support this as well as it will have "Dual Mode" enabled. How are you setting up you BT? I'm still working on proper BT support.