Anyone sporting a naked Note 2?

Search This thread

endo689

Aug 25, 2010
Belmont
Was just curious to know, is anyone out there rocking their Note 2 in its birthday suit? If so, any scratches yet? I myself have had a screen protector on since day 1 of owning mine whereas my friends that also have it are all naked. Just curious to know if anyone has any serious scratches of their own.

Powered by my Note 2!

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Naked.

I keep mine from things that have a high mohs rating and I stay scratch free.

lostnuke

Jun 19, 2011
Naked white with no problems. I think it's the best way to experience the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

endo689

Aug 25, 2010
Belmont
Another area of concern was the use of the S Pen on the screen. If that would over the course of its life span leave any surface scratches as well.

Powered by my Note 2!

pd240

Aug 9, 2010
I have had a screen protector from day one but I went weeks without a case. Just put the Samsung protective cover on and it is surprisingly thin and light.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Dmwitz

Dec 25, 2010
Umeå
I had mine naked for a few months and did see a few tiny scratches appear so covered up. First with a Copter screen protector which sucked!! It made the screen look like ****e. Small text was impossible to read and the S-Pen marked it. I later opted for a very cheap harder plastic no-name protector which is excellent. I have plans to buy a 10 pack and change every other month or so.
The way I see it you preserve the second-hand value if the screen is scratch free. If in two years time you want to sell it for a good price you just need to invest in a new flip-cover remove the screen protector and it's almost like new.

xweaponx

Nov 27, 2007
100% all natural.No screen protector. No case. I like the feel and look without bulky protection. I allow the Gorilla Glass 2 to do its thing.

Afterall, its a phone; its going to get used, scratched and dinged. I want to enjoy the complete phone experience in the meanwhile.

Have you seen those cars that had the bra on the front? People removed them only to find out that their paint was now two-toned, and dirt and debris had etched the paint along the edge of the bra, not to mention having a red sports car with a black mask on.

th0r615

Mar 24, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I was naked on every smart phone I've had up until the Note 2. I've always gotten scratches on every other phone no matter how careful I was.

I also have a small hard case on it. I would love to run naked on that too but the smooth back is just begging to slip out of my hand. Plus the case makes it feel more solid and reduces the creeks and growns coming from the crappy plastic Samsung insists on using.

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Another area of concern was the use of the S Pen on the screen. If that would over the course of its life span leave any surface scratches as well.

Powered by my Note 2!

I would be concerned if a plastic pen scratched glass.

In other words, it won't.

The glass with the oleophobic coating is at least 9 mohs.

Without the coating, its still 6.5-ish.

Plastic is around 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

kevinbauman

Jan 4, 2013
No screen protector here, I adsolutely hate screen protectors. I think they ruin the clarity of the screen. But I do have one of those folio style cases so the screen still gets covered when its not in use.

jsadler09

Jan 1, 2012
I've been using the Seidio active case and like it, no screen protector. Just ordered a flygrip and will probably rock it naked with that.

JBeXX

Nov 16, 2010
Longmont, Colorado
OnePlus 9 Pro
Like others have said I won't use a screen protector as I trust the screen plus hate the feel and affect on clarity.
I'm using a cheap tpu case partly for peace of mind of a little protection and partly because it has a built in kickstand that isn't very intrusive and has been pretty handy to have.

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
I have mine naked, but the first few days of owning it the phone fell upside down on the wooden floor so now I have 2-3 large scratches on the screen from grains of sand :(

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Same set up I run on every phone I've owned:

Verizon slim hard kickstand case, no belt clip
Cheap eBay matte screen protector

I keep my phone in my pocket so I need a slim case. Every since the T-Bolt, a kickstand is a must for me. I absolutely hate clear screen protectors since it always feels like I'm dragging my finger across the screen rather than sliding it. I ended up buying the $12 pack at Big Red since my phone arrived before my China protectors. The cheap matte ones look great, don't smudge, and make the screen silky smooth.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Screen protector I got from Verizon and an all white Androidified case from Cruzerlite. My hands are a little dry so carrying the phone naked (the phone) is slippery in my hands. The case gives me a nice grip to hold on to the phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357492436958.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357492436958.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

DeathBySnuggles

Jun 12, 2006
My typical progression is: get a new phone. Think "I need to protect this thing" and get a case. Rock case for a week or 2 and then hate the extra bulk. Take off case and love the natural feel of the phone.

I followed suit with this phone. Had the flip case ordered before the phone was out. Got the phone and immediately popped the case on. Rocked it for 2 weeks and took it off.

However, I have actually put the case back on because I found usefulness besides the protection. With the phone's size, the case flap provides more area to maneuver it. It also prevents accidental home button presses when the phone is in my pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

janonymous

Jan 1, 2013
I've been using mine Naked for about 2Weeks. No scratches yet. I also hate Screen Protectors. A TPU case would do

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do this. Except my front left pocket. I've been doing that since the iPhone 3g came out. Nothing goes in that pocket but the phone.

Same. Front left. Phone only, but occasionally I'll put my hand in there for some tug-action...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2