Samsung Keyboard Fix?

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Nope, sadly. adrnyalyne, did you post in the other thread about the less time for sticky keys, or did you just fix the autocorrect?

You are right. Go into the settings for the SS keyboard and you will see that it gives you the Swift Key option as to what space bar is SUPPOSED to do. I have mine ticked to replace the word, but it doesn't do that. I have also tried unticking it and same result. it really sucks.

I did both. The long press is a simple hex change.

Reactions: DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Holy crap this is amazing. Even though the Sprint guy found it I still am grateful you did the work to get it on Verizon, Adrynalyne. Thanks man.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
Here is a 4.1.2 version (International, ATT, cleanrom, etc).

It may implode.

Try it though and logcat it if it blows up.

Attachments

• SamsungIME.apk
    7.1 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: Gahh Its Lee

Stick2daScript

Mar 4, 2012
Nice mod....However swipe isn't working. It's grayed out in keyboard settings.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless SCH-i605 via Tapatalk

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
Here is a 4.1.2 version (International, ATT, cleanrom, etc).

It may implode.

Try it though and logcat it if it blows up.

Cool. Running a nandroid now. Just to be clear I should flash this via recovery, and right?

Thanks

Edit: I'm an idiot - it is an APK not a zip so just need to place it in the system/app folder and set the right permissions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

riotdog7

Oct 15, 2010
Cool I've been wanting this so bad. One question though, I might be a dummy for asking.... but how do I can words to the dictionary as I type?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
Yeah, not sure why, I still have flow and everything. Even had it unchecked, and went back and enabled it.

jblist90

Mar 23, 2011
Same here ... running Beans 5 ROM with Perseus kernel

Anyone else have this issue?

Do you have light flow installed? I'm unsure why and how this is related but uninstalling light flow has fixed the swipe issue for others. If this is your issue, light manager is a free alternative that works great.

dawgpoundfan

Aug 27, 2008
Richmond
Forgive me for not being more smarter....

Flashed it fine but it appears to work the same - I am looking for the keyboard to input the predictive text when the spacebar is hit....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't really have time to get the 4.1.2 keyboard working, so I did this for you guys.
    They didn't make a fix, they are using the updated keyboard or had an ota to fix it.

Hey all, this is my first mod, but it was driving me crazy that the stock samsung keyboard didn't support auto-correct - and the timeout delay was way too long.

I'm working on an auto-patcher in the next couple of days.

EDIT:
    I attached the APK: /system/app/
    Make sure to set the proper permissions, then reboot.

The code changed is below

Here's a first stab at fixing both, would love some feedback.

1. To change the long press delay

In PointerTracker:
    Code:
            ###################################################
    	# Change the long press delay to 200ms from 500ms #
    	###################################################
        .line 498
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 499
        .local v0, delay:I
        packed-switch p1, :pswitch_data_0

.line 504
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 507
        :goto_0
        int-to-long v1, v0

return-wide v1

.line 501
        :pswitch_0
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

2. To add auto-correct

In SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule
    Code:
        .line 312
        :cond_3

##################################################
    	# Add support for auto-correct on word separator # 
    	#check if the user has entered text
        iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-virtual {v7}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->length()I
        move-result v7
        if-lez v7, :cond_10

iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;
        iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-interface {v7, v8, v9}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getCharSequence(Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;I)I
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->updateSuggestion()V
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->setComposingText()V
    	# End support for auto-correct on word separator #

#move clearCandidateList from beginning of processWordSeparator to after we do correct
       :cond_10
        invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->clearCandidateList()V

#code below is not changed - just for reference	
        iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;

iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mCandidates:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-interface {v7, v8}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getSuggestion(Ljava/util/ArrayList;)I

.line 313

So this is an updated keyboard?
    Thanks, are we supposed to flash this? I tried flashing it and my keyboard won't even slide up/FC.

I tried changing it to APK and no go either.

Yes it is to be flashed.

I don't support other people's roms so if you are on clean rom sorry. I only tested this with a Verizon rom and it does work.
    Confirmed working with auto correct on beans

Confirmed working with auto correct on beans

I can also confirm it works! This was prob the only flaw I had with this phone, thanks!

Adrynalyne...would you mind if Beans incorporated this into his Rom?