[XOLEW][Xolo A500S][Custom]ROM

Search This thread

aftabsyed

Jul 30, 2006
Best Working Roms

HI Vishal

I must thank, i found that only your ROMS were working without any glitch V1.2.&3. Keep up good work,

Dear XDA community users and Xolo A500s owners,

I found that we don't have a dedicated thread for this phone,thus starting a new one with some of my contributions.

NOTE: Never use the FLASHTOOL (any version) for A500s as it bricks the device since the preloader.bin file from stock rom also corrupts the rom in case you need to restore. :laugh::laugh:

Flash CWM or unbrick A500s with SP flash tool procedure

1) Extract the attached file on your computer (link)
2) Download xolo drivers from here (link)
3) Shutdown your phone and remove battery
4) Open SpFlash tool with admin priviledges and click next to scatter file to choose the MT6572 one from the downloaded folder
5) The tool will pick and check preloader.bin automatically and remaining ones will be unchecked (Select preloader.bin only if your device is bricked if its not and you only need to have cwm installed proceed to step 6)
6) To install CWM now double click on boot and recovery image and point to the downloaded folder to select boot_patch and recovery_patch accordingly (Remember to check it)
7)Now click Download and connect the phone via usb to computer (During this process your PC will show unknown device so in order to install device drives download xolo drivers and choose to select the inf file and it will get installed).Remove USB once and ensure download is clicked prior and then usb cable is inserted to PC.
8) The process will begin and a green circle saying ok will be displayed and thus the flashing is successful.
9) Now disconnect the device and put in battery and hold power and volume up key to sucesfully boot into CWM and there by unbrick your device...
10) Then you can install any custom rom created by other developers.

Note: If you wish to load complete stock rom for Xolo A500s download the stock rom from the links ABTri has posted in his forum and replace the preloader.bin with the attached one. This will restore your ROM to factory default with stock recovery.

To begin with i present you the stock deodexed cwm rom for our own Xolo A500s phone.

Steps:

1) Root your phone with framaroot (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2293503&d=1380569629)
2) Install MTKdroidTools 2.4.8 from here (http://dfiles.eu/files/fmnok7ke7)
Download and run the MTKdroidTools.exe (Note enable usb debugging on your phone and grant root access from the mtkdroid app to access your phone)

Then backup your existing rom by clicking on root ,backup,recovery tab and backup. this will back up your entire stock rom in case you want to revert.

3) For CWM install click on Recovery and boot and choose the option "To choose the boot.img file" and then select your stock boot.img file which u backed up. Next it will patch it with CWM autoinstaller just click yes and ok and the device will reboot. Woola you now have a working CWM to proceed.

Steps to install the deodexed rom
1) Boot into CWM recovery and download the stock deodex rom from here (http://www.toobigtosend.net/download/279913c4-3bd3-11e3-a7f9-005056ac53f8/)
2) Copy the downloaded rom to the sd card--> clockwordmod -> backup folder
3) Say restore and navigate to the cwmbackup folder and select it
4) Clear Dalvik cache and cache partition

Thats its reboot and you are on deodexed rom..

More download links will be available shortly :) Stay tuned..

This is the start of my development so i need more ideas on what can be included additionally.

And yes use the thank meter if you want to appreciate the work :)

Added new download link.
http://yadi.sk/d/j4zOwIfrBTMSp

Good news everyone, so the rom is finally here!!

DOWNLOAD LINK ROM v1
DOWNLOAD LINK ROM v2

Changelog v1:
1) Stock de-odexed & zipaligned based on 4.2.2
2) Removed all bloatwares which includes Xolo specific apps,google +, clock,taalk,themes,stock keyboard ,music etc
3)Added Xperia mod keyboard,inverted playstore,sms and calendar app.
4)Bravia mod is attached although i didnt see much difference
5)Viper audio added and works smooth.
6)Native Kitkat apps like google now,search and laucher added.
7)Font change to incorporate the new kitkat roboto
8)Included ES file explorer

Changelogs v2
1)Fixed clock
2)Added hangouts with sms integration
3)Added Google gallery for google pics sync
4)Some more bloatwares freed
5)Nexus 5 sounds,bootanimation,launcher and stock apps added except chrome google+
6)More smooth than earlier,less ram usage

Changelogs v3
1)Removed native kitkat apps
2)Remove google apps except google contact sync
3)Several build prop tweaks
4)Optimized RAM usage
5)New windows style audio/video player
6)Cool bootanimation (This hints something is coming soon :))
7)Ported bravia mod,Xperia Z1 keyboard
8)Inverted SMS app
9)Nova modified launcher
10)And other cool softy
Changelogs XOLEW
1) Base firmware as S018 from official Xolo A500 Club
2) Completely deodexed and removed some bloatwares
3)New SMS app with themes/ miui style Dialer/Floating apps included
4)Smooth scrolling with 0 lag
5)Recent task bar get button to kill all at once
6)All new Xolo launcher with excellent themes
7)Cool new bootanimation from Xolo
8)Camera tweaks and addon
9)And ....many more so explore....

How to enable floating apps?
Just press back led button and u will see a small window in center screen..It contains media/video player which can be floated alongwith your other tasks.

DOWNLOAD XOLEWv1

If you need google apps and playstore with google now please use this additional package from goo.im to download and install.

V3 DOWNLOAD LINK

How to install
1) Root your phone as mentioned above and have CWM installed
2) Copy the rom in \sdcard and then clear/wipe data cache and dalvik cache. Format system also
3) Go to mounts and storage and ensure to see /system is mounted (unmount system is what we want to see on cwm menu)
4) Select install from sdcard and navigate through the zip and install it.

First boot may take some time to install and thats it the rom is up.

Enjoy :) and share your experience to make this development ongoing :)

Please hit thanks if you like the work....

**Screenshots attached***:eek::eek::good::good::good::good:

Abhinandan Trilokia

Dec 2, 2012
trilokiainc.com
CHECK OUT GUYZZZ
WORLD FIRST CUSTOM ROM BASED ON MT6589
PORTED AND DEVELOPED
BY ME Abhinandan Trilokia
TO WORK ON MT6572 BASED DEVICES
INTRODUCTION:
Project Pure Xperiaui is custom rom made for
MT6572 Based device .This rom is based on
SONY XPERIA C AND PUREXPERIA ROM (MT6589
BASED ROM) ported AND developed by me to
work on MT6572 based devices.This rom is stable
for daily use and BEST FOR INTERNET SURFERING
AND MUSIC LOVER . This rom have 10000% SONY
XPERIA EXPERIANCE WITH AROMA INSTALLER
FEATURES:
1. PURE SONY XPERIA UI EXPERIANCE AND DUAL
3G
2. SONY BRAVIA ENGINE 3
3. SONY XLOUD, CLEARPHRASE, CLEARBASS,
CLEAR AUDIO+ AND S-FORCE FONT SURROUND
3D
4.SONY PLAYSTATION MOBILE COMPIATIABLE
5. SONY WALKMAN (FULLY WORKING)
6.SONY ALBUM
7. SONY MOVIE
8.SONY SOCIALIFE
9.SONY SELECT
10. SONY CAR
11. SONY SMALL APP
12. XPERIA MOTIONSNAP
13. SONY STAMINA MODE FOR BATTERY
14. SONY SKETCH
15. SONY PHONE, CONTACT
16.SONY MESSAGE
17.SONY SETTING
18. SONY XPERIA THEMES
19. SONY TRACKID
20.SONY VIDEO UNLIMITED
21, SONY XPERIALINK , THROW, SMART
CONNECT ETC..
22. MANY BUILD.PROP TWEAKS FOR 3G , IMAGE
AND VIDEO, SMOOTH UI , 16 BIT SUPPORT .3D
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ETC
23. MANY INIT.D TWEAKS LIKE MALI400 BOOST ,
UNLOCK FPSE , TOUCH AND GPU RENDERING ,
SWAP ENABLED ETC.
24. AND MANY MORE SEE SCREENSHORTS ON
OFFICIAL THREAD AT XDA DEVELOPER.COM
FOR DOWNLOADING LINK AND OTHER INFO GO
HERE
https://xdaforums.com/android/development/world-project-pure-xperiaui-t2904195/post55996387

(OFFICIAL THREAD)

NO ONE IS PERFECT

Reactions: tech worm

Sakura1996

Sep 2, 2014
help me

I found that we don't have a dedicated thread for this phone,thus starting a new one with some of my contributions.

NOTE: Never use the FLASHTOOL (any version) for A500s as it bricks the device since the preloader.bin file from stock rom also corrupts the rom in case you need to restore. :laugh::laugh:

4) Open SpFlash tool with admin priviledges and click next to scatter file to choose the MT6572 one from the downloaded folder
5) The tool will pick and check preloader.bin automatically and remaining ones will be unchecked (Select preloader.bin only if your device is bricked if its not and you only need to have cwm installed proceed to step 6)
6) To install CWM now double click on boot and recovery image and point to the downloaded folder to select boot_patch and recovery_patch accordingly (Remember to check it)
7)Now click Download and connect the phone via usb to computer (During this process your PC will show unknown device so in order to install device drives download xolo drivers and choose to select the inf file and it will get installed).Remove USB once and ensure download is clicked prior and then usb cable is inserted to PC.
8) The process will begin and a green circle saying ok will be displayed and thus the flashing is successful.
9) Now disconnect the device and put in battery and hold power and volume up key to sucesfully boot into CWM and there by unbrick your device...

Note: If you wish to load complete stock rom for Xolo A500s download the stock rom from the links ABTri has posted in his forum and replace the preloader.bin with the attached one. This will restore your ROM to factory default with stock recovery.

To begin with i present you the stock deodexed cwm rom for our own Xolo A500s phone.

Steps:

1) Root your phone with framaroot (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2293503&d=1380569629)
Download and run the MTKdroidTools.exe (Note enable usb debugging on your phone and grant root access from the mtkdroid app to access your phone)

Then backup your existing rom by clicking on root ,backup,recovery tab and backup. this will back up your entire stock rom in case you want to revert.

3) For CWM install click on Recovery and boot and choose the option "To choose the boot.img file" and then select your stock boot.img file which u backed up. Next it will patch it with CWM autoinstaller just click yes and ok and the device will reboot. Woola you now have a working CWM to proceed.

1) Boot into CWM recovery and download the stock deodex rom from here (http://www.toobigtosend.net/download/279913c4-3bd3-11e3-a7f9-005056ac53f8/)

This is the start of my development so i need more ideas on what can be included additionally.

Added new download link.

DOWNLOAD LINK ROM v1
DOWNLOAD LINK ROM v2

Changelog v1:
2) Removed all bloatwares which includes Xolo specific apps,google +, clock,taalk,themes,stock keyboard ,music etc

Changelogs v2
1)Fixed clock
5)Nexus 5 sounds,bootanimation,launcher and stock apps added except chrome google+

Changelogs v3
4)Optimized RAM usage
8)Inverted SMS app
9)Nova modified launcher
10)And other cool softy
Changelogs XOLEW

Just press back led button and u will see a small window in center screen..It contains media/video player which can be floated alongwith your other tasks.

DOWNLOAD XOLEWv1

If you need google apps and playstore with google now please use this additional package from goo.im to download and install.

V3 DOWNLOAD LINK

How to install
2) Copy the rom in \sdcard and then clear/wipe data cache and dalvik cache. Format system also
3) Go to mounts and storage and ensure to see /system is mounted (unmount system is what we want to see on cwm menu)

in my pc an error is occuring "Access at address 005DA452 in module 'Flash_tool.exe'.Write of address 00000000" when opening SP Flash tool with admin privilages??

sparkiemj

Mar 21, 2016
xolo a500s ips phone is bricked despite loading cwm recovery

Hello Vishal..

I managed to flash my phone with ROM but I guess I also overwrote the preloader.bin. Now my XOLO A500S IPS is having just a blank white display. Earlier it was not booting at all but after flashing it with your A500S CWM it is now starting up and showing a blank white screen which sometimes flickers. After that there is nothing and I am unable to use the phone. Is there any possibility to recover it back again ?? I really love the phone ... :confused: please help me .. I followed the steps of your post but still no luck ..

Hey Manu,
I can help you to restore the correct firmware PM me and we will do it.. Thank you

Sent from my A500s using xda app-developers app

sparkiemj

Mar 21, 2016
xolo a500s ips phone is bricked despite loading cwm recovery

Hello Vishal..

I managed to flash my phone with factory ROM labelled xolo a500s IPS as it was giving some problems but I guess I also overwrote the preloader.bin. Now my XOLO A500S IPS is having just a blank white display. Earlier it was not booting at all but after flashing it with your A500S CWM it is now starting up and showing a blank white screen which sometimes flickers. After that there is nothing and I am unable to use the phone. Is there any possibility to recover it back again ?? I really love the phone ... please help me .. I followed the steps of your post but still no luck ..

sparkiemj

Mar 21, 2016
Hi Vishal / Forum Admin,

I was trying to flash my phone and I think I have bricked it. I followed your instructions to the letter but the only progress the phone made was from completely blank screen to now I am getting a screen that is fully white and sometimes flickers while starting - however I cannot see anything on screen. I have tried to only flash the preloader.bin that you have given but to no avail.

Please advise is there anything I can do to unbrick it except send it to the service center ??

regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps:

Added new download link.

DOWNLOAD LINK ROM v1
    DOWNLOAD LINK ROM v2

Changelog v1:

Changelogs v2
    1)Fixed clock

Changelogs v3
    4)Optimized RAM usage
    8)Inverted SMS app
    9)Nova modified launcher
    10)And other cool softy
    Changelogs XOLEW

DOWNLOAD XOLEWv1

V3 DOWNLOAD LINK

How to install

Dear Xolites,My heartfelt apologies on disappearing all of a sudden. FIRST UP WANNA THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KEEN PATIENCE AND SUGGESTIONS. I had alot of issues and the good news is i am back with bang..So here is what i would wish to clarify..
    1) A Smooth Rom with JB base is ready to be uploaded
    2) Xolex is the project which is mix of Xolo + Lewa and it works fantastic . Some minor changes and it should be uploaded soon
    3) Kitkat port unfortunately i am still stuck at bootloop and figuring what is causing the issue but i shall upload the work done so far... So please stay tuned.. LOTS TO COME SHORTLY.. :)

Sent from my A500s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hello Guys,I have been working on Xolo A500s a lot this month and here are my contributions-

1.Gamer Rom-Click here
    2.Galaxy S5 Rom-Click here
    3.Muse UI Rom-Click here
    4.Incredible Rom-Click here
    5.Jelly Mixi Rom-Click here

I have actually created for my use,but I thought I should share as users wants new Roms.I will be releasing more but when I see that you are giving me something in return.So,please just press the thanks button.
    It will encourage me and help me in development.

Thank you
    Regards
    nightwalker
    v3 on the cards this weekend guys.Not much fancy changes to kitkat as i am focussing more on porting cm.The v3 version is smooth performer with soundmod and brilliant touchwiz port launcher.
    I shall update changelogs soon.And yeah clock is fixed as well.:)

Sent from my A500s using xda app-developers app
    Upload all files at mediafire ;):cool: AND PLEASE UPLOAD A VIDEO TUTORIALS ABOUT FLASHING CWM AND DEODEXED STOCK ROM :sly::eek::sly::eek::sly::D

NO ONE IS PERFECT