| Linaro - Android 4.4.4 - Kit-Kat |

f4oSyQR.jpg

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now likely void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
 * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
 */

If you ask any questions that are answered in the first two posts your question will be ignored. If you don't search prior to posting you will be ignored. If you don't read you will be ignored. If you've done all that and still don't have an answer then feel free to ask your question. Ambiguity doesn't help anymore. Elaborate. It's that simple.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from Linaro source
  • Audio
  • WiFi
  • Google Now
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • Video playback
  • Audio playback
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • MTP
  • GPS
  • Text
  • Calls
  • MMS
  • Data

bJO9QqG.png

• You tell me

2jpqfKR.png

• Have latest firmware installed.
  • Wipe everything except internal storage
  • **** key step here**** unmount system
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash SuperSU (if you want root)
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Reboot
  • ???
  • Profit
To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Tablet and repeatedly press Build Number.

w5xnyz0.png

• First and foremost my girlfriend Monica for supporting me and encouraging me along the way as well as being the best girlfriend I could ask for!
  • Everyone who contributes to Linaro & AOSP as this is based on their hard work!
  • NineInchNails for being an awesome dev partner, moral support and friend!
  • Albinoman887 for being an awesome dev partner and friend!
  • NV-LTE for being an awesome dev partner and for the OP banner!
  • Preludedrew for his support and mentoring!
  • Abadasstanker69 for the hosting!
  • All my supporters!

Donation Link

XDA:DevDB Information
Team Hydra, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
dastin1015, NineInchNails
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP, Linaro

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 07142014
Stable Release Date: 2014-07-14

Created 2014-06-13
Last Updated 2014-07-14

Last edited:

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
PqCOw62.png

Kernel source for GPL

sB7atuO.png

| Jul. 14, 2014 |
  • KTU84P
  • Updated blobs
  • Kernel: Merge upstream Linux to 3.4.98

| Jun. 13, 2014 |
  • Initial release

l5SakBJ.png

| Jul. 14, 2014 |

| Jun. 13, 2014 |

Last edited:

dastin1015

Ok will try it... But thats no features... Thats normal thinks they must work...

neXu5 - TR!n!ty p0wered P@r@no!d H@mmerhe@d

This is AOSP with Linaro additions on top for speed and optimizations.

You'd be amazed at what breaks when you add very strict code optimizations.

Last edited:

aheeejd

In the flash directions, after flash rom, it says to unmount system, I've not seen this before. I use philz recovery & my options under mounts is just to format. Will this not work if I flash rom, gapps, superSU.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

dastin1015

can anyone tell me what is the difference between LINARO and non-linaro build?

Linaro is an organization that takes the AOSP code and utilizes strict compilation flags to optimize the code to allow the system to run faster and more efficiently. Caveat though is that dirty/sloppy code needs to be fixed which can range from a trivial spacing issue up to code needing to modified to be written in a proper fashion that doesn't allow for memory leaks or allowing two different functions to point to the same allocated space when they aren't supposed to.

Non Linaro is anything AOSP derived without any of the Linaro optimizations.

In the flash directions, after flash rom, it says to unmount system, I've not seen this before. I use philz recovery & my options under mounts is just to format. Will this not work if I flash rom, gapps, superSU.

The unmount system step is to alleviate an issue that arises with some recoveries for whatever reason won't flash the rest of the packages if system isn't unmounted dispute it being unmounted during ROM flash. Also if the ROM doesn't flash after a wipe it's usually cause system is still mounted. Don't know why it works, but it does.

私のONEから送信される。

Last edited:

aheeejd

The unmount system step is to alleviate an issue that arises with some recoveries for whatever reason won't flash the rest of the packages if system isn't unmounted dispute it being unmounted during ROM flash. Also if the ROM doesn't flash after a wipe it's usually cause system is still mounted. Don't know why it works, but it does.

私のONEから送信される。[/QUOTE]

So if I can't actually, unmount system in philz recovery, then I should flash twrp recovery, which I know I can unmount system, yeah?

dastin1015

So if I can't actually, unmount system in philz recovery, then I should flash twrp recovery, which I know I can unmount system, yeah?

One way to get around having to manually unmount system (which one of my testers using philz recovery found) is if the ROM is refusing to flash after a wipe then you should flash the superuser or gapps package first then the ROM should flash with no issue and then you can proceed to install superuser and gapps without needing to unmount.

私のONEから送信される。

Pluto

Feb 4, 2010
mycolorscreen.com
Nice.. When I had my One X, it was a Linaro-based ROM that made it give it's best performance, I'm hoping this will do the same for my N5. Flashing now.

Circaflex

Dec 12, 2008
Tustin
The Google provided binaries were used so yes Sprint will work right out of the box

私のONEから送信される。

were they the ones provided on googles website or from the device itself? see my sig to get an idea, you must use the actual device blobs for full sprint functionality using the google provided ones on their website do not provide full support. My apologies if i misunderstood your answer.

edit NVM see you are on Sprint ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    | Linaro - Android 4.4.4 - Kit-Kat |

f4oSyQR.jpg

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

If you ask any questions that are answered in the first two posts your question will be ignored. If you don't search prior to posting you will be ignored. If you don't read you will be ignored. If you've done all that and still don't have an answer then feel free to ask your question. Ambiguity doesn't help anymore. Elaborate. It's that simple.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from Linaro source
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • MTP
    • GPS
    • Text
    • Calls
    • MMS
    • Data

bJO9QqG.png

• You tell me

2jpqfKR.png

• Have latest firmware installed.
    • Wipe everything except internal storage
    • **** key step here**** unmount system
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash SuperSU (if you want root)
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Tablet and repeatedly press Build Number.

w5xnyz0.png

• First and foremost my girlfriend Monica for supporting me and encouraging me along the way as well as being the best girlfriend I could ask for!
    • Everyone who contributes to Linaro & AOSP as this is based on their hard work!
    • NineInchNails for being an awesome dev partner, moral support and friend!
    • Albinoman887 for being an awesome dev partner and friend!
    • NV-LTE for being an awesome dev partner and for the OP banner!
    • Preludedrew for his support and mentoring!
    • Abadasstanker69 for the hosting!
    • All my supporters!

Donation Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    Team Hydra, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    dastin1015, NineInchNails
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP, Linaro

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 07142014
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-14

Created 2014-06-13
    Last Updated 2014-07-14
    PqCOw62.png

Kernel source for GPL

sB7atuO.png

| Jul. 14, 2014 |
    • KTU84P
    • Updated blobs
    • Kernel: Merge upstream Linux to 3.4.98

| Jun. 13, 2014 |
    • Initial release

l5SakBJ.png

| Jul. 14, 2014 |

| Jun. 13, 2014 |

Ok will try it... But thats no features... Thats normal thinks they must work...

neXu5 - TR!n!ty p0wered P@r@no!d H@mmerhe@d

This is AOSP with Linaro additions on top for speed and optimizations.

You'd be amazed at what breaks when you add very strict code optimizations.
    Still wondering about this. Also anyway to get some kinda better indication of my battery level? BTW, ROM is smooth as hell! Anyone try messing with ifonts? I'm considering it but don't wanna mess anything up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well I will break it down for you.

@NineInchNails is one of the developers of this rom, he is working along side the OP and they help each other @NineInchNails develops some great kernels, his work is top notch and very supportive with his users. His link gives you the option of running his custom kernel, which is still compiled with linaro so you do not lose any of the performance gains this rom shipped with, other kernels you will unless they are compiled with linaro. ART will still work and battery life should improve, but everyones usage on their phone is different from one another. Give it a try, flash it and use it for a few days and if you do not enjoy the experience you can either flash another kernel, or dirty flash this rom over your current install and it will provide you with the default kernel. @NineInchNails has a good following of users who recognize great work, he has been around the block. I believe his current kernel he linked you to uses francos kernel as a base, and then he adds his custom options and tuning to that. I am sure you have read some good things about franco, this is franco on steroids. :good:

What do you mean in regards to a better idea around your battery level, you can always click the battery icon from quick tiles and it should take you to the battery stats page which shows percentage. I quit worrying about seeing percentage because i always seemed to obsess over a percent or two drop, with no text indicator i dont do that and just use my phone as I would.

You can try installing the google keyboard from the market, I have the same issue with AOSP keyboard on PA. You can also try out swiftkey, its now free in the play store and everyone seems to love it.